Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF

Go down 
+3
solardave
supytalpeht
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF Empty
PostSubject: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:17 pm

By Mike Bires bires@timesonline.com

PITTSBURGH -- Officially, there's a 50/50 chance that Ben Roethlisberger will play Monday night against San Francisco.

On the injury report the Steelers issued after practice today, Roethlisberger was listed as questionable with an left ankle sprain. In the NFL, questionable means a player has a 50 percent chance of playing.

However, the news wasn't good for center Maurkice Pouncey. He will not play against the 49ers due to a left ankle sprain. He's been ruled out.

Roethlisberger and Pouncey were both injured in the Dec. 8 win over Cleveland.

Also ruled out were wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) and linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring).

Strong safety Troy Polamalu, who practiced today for the first time this week due to a hamstring pull, is listed as probable. That means he has a 75 percent chance of playing.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/pouncey-out-roethlisberger-questionable-for-game-in-san-fran/article_cb0eb30e-28e0-11e1-9fdd-0019bb30f31a.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:28 pm

no surprise
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:29 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
no surprise
Nope.

I'm wondering if they kept Ben active to see what happens with the Ravens. If the Ravens win, Ben sits out. If the Ravens lose, Ben plays. Just a thought.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
no surprise
Nope.

I'm wondering if they kept Ben active to see what happens with the Ravens. If the Ravens win, Ben sits out. If the Ravens lose, Ben plays. Just a thought.

Either way the smart money is on him resting. I really beleive we can win anyway.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
no surprise
Nope.

I'm With you if ravens win sit him. Batch Needs all the reps he can get b/c he looked pretty bad last week

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:03 pm

solardave wrote:
Either way the smart money is on him resting. I really beleive we can win anyway.
I agree. We won three of four with Batch last season. And as Fer said ... it wouldn't hurt to get Batch some game action.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:44 am

repeat

sit them and take the wild card route Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF 131212936

be healthy as possible come playoff time.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:55 am

effyou515 wrote:
sit them and take the wild card route Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF 131212936
I know a lot can change in the next 3 weeks, but as things stand now, if we win the division, we'd play either the Ravens or Jets in the first round. As a wild-card team, we'd get the Denver Tebows in the first round. But everything likely will be shuffled after this week. Either way, the Steelers will deal with whatever playoff hand they're dealt.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:32 am

This is about what I expected on the injury report. No shock here.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:11 am

There is a part of me that still believes Ben should not be the starter, and let Batch start. If he moves the team and they are winning, let him rest. If Batch gets in trouble, then let Ben come in, take over, and win the game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF   Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF Empty

Back to top Go down

Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable, Polamalu probable against SF
Page 1 of 1