Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning

Go down 
+7
Wallace108
diesel3
Drizztbob
SteelerTide
Buddha Bus
fer69
Bays
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  Empty
PostSubject: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 pm

http://sports-kings.com/?p=9607

Bays

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Not much else on this so far, and the link isn't something i'd confirm this on. Post any other links or articles ya'll can find.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:24 pm

if this is true, this kinda sucks

i was hoping that he would stay for at least one more year

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm devastated, to be quite honest. It hasn't been confirmed by any local Pittsburgh media, or even Hines himself. I'm skeptical as of right now.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Hines Ward is one of the iconic Pittsburgh Steelers. As such, Ward playing football in anything but black and gold would feel like a mismatch.

But NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora told “NFL Total Access” Friday that Ward won’t be back next season, according to his sources.

As the Steelers work to restructure contracts and manuever below the salary cap, the circumstances are dictating the twilight of Ward’s 14-year career. On the books, he has one year and $4 million left on his current contract. On the field, Ward also took a backseat to youngsters Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown, posting his lowest receiving totals since his rookie season in 1998.

The Steelers have adjusted the contracts of CB Ike Taylor and linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley. They might not be done, as La Canfora suggested S Troy Polamalu ($6.25 million next season) and QB Ben Roethlisberger ($11.6) could be next.

Ward has left the window open to playing elsewhere next season, but the choice might not be his if he can’t work out his own restructured deal.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/10/la-canfora-steelers-wont-bring-back-ward/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah, that's basically where the first report stemmed from, it's nothing new.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 am

Updated: February 11, 2012, 9:21 AM ET
Report: Steelers won't keep Hines Ward

ESPN.com news services
The Pittsburgh Steelers, with a Hines Ward roster-bonus deadline fast approaching, have decided not to keep the veteran receiver, the NFL Network has reported, citing unnamed sources.

Ward, who lost his starting job in 2011, was scheduled to make $4 million in the last two years of his contract but has said he was willing to take a pay cut.

A decision is required by March 1 to satisfy a clause in his contract.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7564969/pittsburgh-steelers-plan-keep-hines-ward-report-says

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:08 am

i wonder if they're gonna try to bring back Cotchery

Last edited by fer69 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerTide
Xtreme Newb
SteelerTide

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 am

bayz101 wrote:
I'm devastated, to be quite honest. It hasn't been confirmed by any local Pittsburgh media, or even Hines himself. I'm skeptical as of right now.

Pretty much this.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:17 am

SteelerTide wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Pretty much this.

Yeah, this sucks, but I can't say I'm entirely surprised considering the cap situation and Hines' decline this season. I still wish we could bring him back, but saving a roster spot for a possible 5th wide receiver who won't play special teams doesn't seem viable. They are trying to re-sign Wallace and Cotchery, both who are better than Hines at this stage of his career. The young WRs have, unfortunately, made Hines expendable and there is good and bad in that. Great that we have such a talented WR group, but sad to see a legend like Hines get pushed out like this.

I'd like to see Hines return as a WRs coach for us when he decides to hang it up. Our WRs could certainly benefit from his experience and hard-nosed approach to the game. I just hope wherever Hines ends up, he's happy and isn't whipping our boys' asses. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  1797695198

If this is the end, thanks for all of the great memories and top-notch service to the team, Hines. We'll see you in the Hall of Fame, brother! :helmet: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  2287965686 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  1948569602

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:37 am

I hope they cut him, get the 4 mil back for the cap, and then resign him for the vet league minimum. I would be absolutely sick to see him in anything else but a Steeler uniform. Please don't turn into Jerry Rice Hines!!

diesel3
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm

very sad if true. his leadership is needed for the young ones. I bet he is resigned at minimum
Back to top Go down
http://sharpedgelawncare.com
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:12 pm

@ScottBrown_Trib: Hines Ward's representatives have yet to hear from Steelers.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:04 pm

bayz101 wrote:
@ScottBrown_Trib: Hines Ward's representatives have yet to hear from Steelers.

La Canfora and his sources could very well be correct. But I haven't heard it confirmed from any other sources yet. Until then, nothing is a done deal.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Ward reiterates desire to return to Steelers

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Hines Ward, in response to an NFL Network report that the Steelers won't bring him back for a 15th season, said he wants to finish his career in Pittsburgh.

Ward, the Steelers' all-time leading receiver, also said he is willing to work with the team to accommodate his return in 2012.

"I don't normally like to respond to rumors, but as I've said all along, I want to finish my career with the Pittsburgh Steelers," Ward said on his Facebook page. "And as I've already told the organization I am willing to work with them to restructure my contract to male sure this happens."

Read more: Ward reiterates desire to return to Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_781227.html#ixzz1m6iBrtgd
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ward categorized the report as a rumor, and that's how I'm treating it as well. I'd be really disappointed if Hines had to learn this through the media. He deserves better than that.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm treating it entirely as a rumor as well.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 pm

NO! NO! NO!

How valid is this report before I freak out??????

He was supposed to meet with Rooney and Tomlin this week...... does this reporter know something that we don't?

WTF???
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
NO! NO! NO!

How valid is this report before I freak out??????

He was supposed to meet with Rooney and Tomlin this week...... does this reporter know something that we don't?

WTF???

So far it's just a "report". Nothing confirmed by the team OR Hines. In fact, Hines has since come out reiterating his desire to restructure and return. He hasn't heard anything. It would be pretty shitty for him to find out through the press after all he's done and meant to the team.

You can come in off the ledge and have a coffee for a bit, Ginger. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  1797695198

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:00 pm

So this report is older, right? Nothing new.

I can't imagine this slipping out of the front office to a "source" without Hines knowing.

The Rooney's have more class than that.

Hines said on his facebook page that he will inform his fans before he will allow the press to do so.

I'll come off the ledge if I can have some bailey's or kahlua in that coffee *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  1401235891
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
So this report is older, right? Nothing new.

I can't imagine this slipping out of the front office to a "source" without Hines knowing.

The Rooney's have more class than that.

Hines said on his facebook page that he will inform his fans before he will allow the press to do so.

I'll come off the ledge if I can have some bailey's or kahlua in that coffee *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  1401235891

It's a new report, but still not confirmed. ESPN and NFL Network are reporting it though, so it must have some legs. I just won't get too upset till it's been confirmed by Ward or the team.

And, can you have some Bailey's or Kahlua in that coffee? Are you kidding? It's almost a requirement here. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:07 pm

I hope it's just a fucking rumor By a I am touching myself inappropriately right now. that didn't have anything to do yesterday *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  2913999526

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm leaning toward the idea that La Confora's source isn't very reliable. That doesn't mean that the Steelers still won't decide to release Ward, but I'm not taking this report as fact.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:09 pm

fer69 wrote:
I hope it's just a fucking rumor By a I am touching myself inappropriately right now. that didn't have anything to do yesterday *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  2913999526

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  106674522

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm

fer69 wrote:
Thanks for that info, fer. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  1549491426

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:17 pm

OK....Hines just posted 4 HOURS AGO on facebook:

"I don't normally like to respond to rumors, but as I've said all along, I want to finish my career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. And as I've already told the organization, I am willing to work with them to restructure my contract to make sure this happens. - HINES

Crap.....I'm confused. I think I need to get a cupcake and drink a bottle of scotch. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next