Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning

Go down 
+7
Wallace108
diesel3
Drizztbob
SteelerTide
Buddha Bus
fer69
Bays
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:45 pm

It looks like La Canfora's report was news to both Hines AND the Steelers. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1664291743
I hope Ginger reads this before she does anything drastic. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 190127080
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bouchette: Steelers Sources Say No Decision on Ward Yet

Hines Ward isn't the only one who has not heard anything about the Steelers "plans" to release him. Steelers sources told me tonight they have not yet decided anything about Ward's future with the team.

Obviously, there is some conflict somewhere if the NFL is reporting they have decided to cut him. However, the NFL reported two years ago that the Steelers would either trade or cut Casey Hampton. That came during training camp.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114817-ed-steelers-sources-say-no-decision-on-ward-yet

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
riccosuavez
Xtreme Newb

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:53 pm

When will someone report that Ben is behind this. I can read it now, Ben was quoted as saying,"Hines needs to go and I demand Rooney and Haley get me a tall receiver who can catch". Wait for it...........Wait for it..............
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:57 pm

riccosuavez wrote:
When will someone report that Ben is behind this. I can read it now, Ben was quoted as saying,"Hines needs to go and I demand Rooney and Haley get me a tall receiver who can catch". Wait for it...........Wait for it..............
*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1549491426

They gave him Sweed. What more could he possibly want. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 2087824411
*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Quote :
I hope Ginger reads this before she does anything drastic

Yes.....thank you Wallace for having my back. I was hyperventilating and thinking of going on a cupcake binge. You saved my sanity and my waistline tonight. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 3029611895

Quote :
When will someone report that Ben is behind this. I can read it now, Ben was quoted as saying,"Hines needs to go and I demand Rooney and Haley get me a tall receiver who can catch".

Seriously.......I always thought he was behind this......he at that F*ing Arians. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 3327560342

Ok...I need to calm down. I have a paper to write tonight.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:43 pm

fer69 wrote:
I hope it's just a fucking rumor By a I am touching myself inappropriately right now. that didn't have anything to do yesterday *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 2913999526

WTF!!!! *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1664291743 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1549491426 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1797695198 you sonsofbitches

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller

Last edited by fer69 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Rofl *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1647293567 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 3562723908 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 3562723908

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:50 pm

fer69 wrote:
fer69 wrote:
I hope it's just a fucking rumor By a I am touching myself inappropriately right now. that didn't have anything to do yesterday *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 2913999526

WTF!!!! *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1664291743 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1549491426 *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1797695198 you sonsofbitches
It's a good thing you made it plural. Our word filtering is on the fritz. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm

fer69 wrote:
fer69 wrote:

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 4130395391

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Fer, you've been PUNKED!

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 1797695198

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:43 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Fer, you've been PUNKED!

sumbitch

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 am

fer69 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Fer, you've been PUNKED!

sumbitch

Son's a bitches

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Decision on Ward not required by March 1   *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:20 am

Decision on Ward not required by March 1
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2012, 10:59 PM EST

On Friday, Jason La Canfora reported that the Steelers won’t be keeping receiver Hines Ward. On Saturday, Ward said he won’t be retiring.

Thereafter, ESPN.com claimed that a clause in Ward’s contract requires a decision to be made by March 1. A source with knowledge of the contract tells PFT that’s simply not true.

The contract contains no clause that would, for example, make any portion of Ward’s salary guaranteed or compel the Steelers to pay him a seven-figure bonus, or any bonus for that matter, as of March 1. Instead, the contract promises Ward a non-guaranteed base salary of $4 million, which would become fully guaranteed under the labor deal only if he’s on the Week One roster.

Thus, as long as the Steelers are willing and able to carry the $4 million under the salary cap, which kicks in for the 2012 league year on March 13, they will be able retain Ward.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/11/decision-on-ward-not-required-by-march-1/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am

it will be a sad day to see him go.

He is one of my favorites of all time.

On the bright side, I'll be able to get a jersey for cheaper if they do cut him (that would replace the worn out one I had for the last 8 years (the last 2 years it's been unworn)

BUT I'd rather see him play another 2 years!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:28 am

l've already watch to many pro bowlers leave so it doesn't matter to much to me l'd rather see Ward gone then see him riding the pine most of the season.

but always hate to see a player stay to long.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Steelers' GM Colbert: No final decision on Hines Ward   *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Steelers' GM Colbert: No final decision on Hines Ward
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, February 13, 2012
Last updated: 2:59 pm

The Steelers are still mulling wide receiver Hines Ward`s future in Pittsburgh as they work to get under the salary cap and make personnel decisions that will shape the 2012 roster.

"To this current point no final decisions have been made," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said today in regard to Ward. "We`ve had several discussions internally."

An NFL Network report surfaced last Friday that the Steelers won`t bring back Ward, their all-time leading receiver, for a 15th season. Ward, who is owed $4 million a season over the next two years, went on the offensive a day later on his Facebook page, reiterating his desire to retire as a Steeler and his willingness to restructure his contract.

The Steelers entered the offseason at roughly $25 million over the salary cap, but they have trimmed almost $18 million from that through the restructuring of three contracts as well as a couple of cuts they made last week

Read more: Steelers' GM Colbert: No final decision on Hines Ward - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_781408.html#ixzz1mIXz2BKM

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:03 pm

No decision yet on Ward's future
By Bob Labriola - Steelers Digest
Posted 27 minutes ago

Despite what was making the rounds on Twitter over the weekend, General Manager Kevin Colbert said definitively on Monday that the Steelers have not made any decisions regarding Hines Ward. They haven’t decided to cut him, or to keep him, or to accept his offer to re-do his existing contract. Nothing.

“No,” said Colbert when asked if the Steelers have decided whether to bring back Ward for a 15th NFL season. “To this current point, no final decisions have been made. We have had several discussions internally. We’re right in the midst of our free agent evaluations, talking about other teams’ free agents. We will meet on those starting on Thursday, (Feb. 16). That will carry through next Monday. That will give us an idea about what else is out there, where we stand with restructuring contracts and what we will have to do as far as possibly terminating people, both immediately and after the fact if we decide we want to add some players (in free agency).”

There was a report that surfaced last Friday that the Steelers had decided to cut ties with Ward, the most productive wide receiver in franchise history. That the report originated with the same “insider” who had reported that the Steelers would hire Bruce Arians’ replacement from within didn’t seem to matter. The story grew legs, and by the time the weekend ended, the assumption was that Ward’s Steelers career was over.

Even before the 2011 season ended and he had reached the statistical plateau of 1,000 career receptions, Ward talked of wanting to finish his career with the Steelers. He said he would be willing to accept a salary cut to make that happen, and then when the season ended with the loss to Denver in the playoffs, Ward said that to Steelers President Art Rooney II in a brief face-to-face meeting.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/No-decision-yet-on-Wards-future/656854bc-f773-45ea-bd08-22f1cc348854

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I like the highlighted part of the article. It about sums it up. It seems like LaCanfora is more concerned with throwing out speculative bullshit in hopes of something sticking and actually becoming fact without any true insider knowledge so he can claim a big scoop than presenting real information with reliable sources and facts attached. The race to be first is sadly becoming more important than being reliable and doing due diligence in fact checking in journalism these days. Who cares if you're wrong a lot. The ADD afflicted sheep of the world will forget soon enough and bite again on your next sensational "scoop" gaining you more fame and money with little results. Journalism these days is becoming another form of entertainment and not a source of information like it used to be. No

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am

La Confora Backs Ward Comments

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Jason La Confora of the NFL Network and NFL.com caused quite a stir in Pittsburgh over the weekend by saying that Hines Ward would not be back next year for the Steelers. He joined the Fan Morning Show on Tuesday explain.

Jason backed his statement, calling Hines, “A player, who at this point in his career, is not part of [their] long-term plans.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/nfl-networks-la-confora-backs-ward-comments/
----------------------------------------------------------

La Confora didn't make a very strong argument that his report is fact. He said that Hines isn't part of the Steelers' long-term plans. We all know that Ward isn't part of their long-term plans, but that doesn't mean he won't be on the team next season. I listened to the interview, and not once did LaConfora say something like, "I trust my source." All he did was explain why he doesn't believe Ward will be back next season. I don't want his opinions ... I want facts. All I heard was opinions in the interview. *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm

As far as I'm concerned La Confora can La Suck It.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning    *UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* (Colbert speaks) ... According to LaConfora, Hines not returning
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2