Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall Empty
PostSubject: Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall   Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, March 26, 2012

The Steelers expect running back Rashard Mendenhall to play in 2012. What they don't know is when or in what capacity. Mendenhall tore his ACL in the Steelers' regular-season finale, and general manager Kevin Colbert said later that the two-time, 1,000-yard rusher probably would need a year to fully recover.

"To clarify, what I said was I never think players coming off an ACL are 100 percent for a full year. It doesn't mean they can't play," Colbert said Sunday before the start of the NFL owners meetings. "At some point, we'll have Rashard back. I'm confident of that." Mendenhall, a first-round pick in 2008, is going into the final year of his contract.

>> Among the players the Steelers released earlier this month, James Farrior would be the most likely to return, given the team's lack of experience and depth at inside linebacker. But Colbert said that is a long shot, even though Farrior started for 10 consecutive seasons and made a pair of Pro Bowls before the Steelers released him.

Read more: Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_788343.html#ixzz1qDuQYRZj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the first I've heard of a possibility of Farrior coming back even though it still sounds unlikely. I guess it hinges on what they can get in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall   Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
This is the first I've heard of a possibility of Farrior coming back even though it still sounds unlikely. I guess it hinges on what they can get in the draft.
I think that's just Scott Brown editorializing.

Here's some Q&A with Kevin Colbert today:
Quote :

Do you see anyone that was released coming back?
No. When we terminated those players we felt that their time as a Steeler was over and it was time for everybody to move forward.

On Farrior thinking he could come back if there was an injury:
I think when they all left they know that you can never say never. But they also know that was their last time as a Steeler.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Kevin-Colbert-at-the-NFL-Owners-Meetings/f9082b6c-768a-4e2e-94d5-058e4eb49784

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall   Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
I think that's just Scott Brown editorializing.

Here's some Q&A with Kevin Colbert today:
Quote :

Do you see anyone that was released coming back?
No. When we terminated those players we felt that their time as a Steeler was over and it was time for everybody to move forward.

On Farrior thinking he could come back if there was an injury:
I think when they all left they know that you can never say never. But they also know that was their last time as a Steeler.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Kevin-Colbert-at-the-NFL-Owners-Meetings/f9082b6c-768a-4e2e-94d5-058e4eb49784

I saw that article after I posted. I posted it in it's own thread because there are a lot of topics that Colbert addresses in that interview.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall   Steelers play waiting game with running back Mendenhall Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1