Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendenhall rips Steelers play calling Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling Empty
PostSubject: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:03 pm

This from an Observer-Reporter writer on Twitter ...
------------------------------------------------

Dale Lolley
@dlolleyor Washington, Pa.
Dale Lolley has covered the Pittsburgh Steelers for The Observer-Reporter of Washington (Pa.) since 1993.
http://www.observer-reporter.com

dlolleyor Dale Lolley
Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling. Read more in Thursday's Observer-Reporter.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Well fuck, I'll be in the woods shooting bambi by the time the rest is available to read.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Well fuck, I'll be in the woods shooting bambi by the time the rest is available to read.
Honestly, at the end of the day, I don't care who's to blame for our offensive struggles ... Ben, Arians, the O-line, God, whoever ... as long as the problems get fixed.
It's one thing for us fans to bitch and moan, but I don't like to see players start bitching. The last thing we need right now is locker room drama. I'm hoping this is just an over exaggerated tease by the reporter to sale more papers and get more web hits. But if this ends up being something big, I'm sure you'll hear Steeler Nation screaming in anger over the sound of your gunshots.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:25 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

funniest shit ever Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling 3562723908
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
Honestly, at the end of the day, I don't care who's to blame for our offensive struggles ... Ben, Arians, the O-line, God, whoever ... as long as the problems get fixed.
It's one thing for us fans to bitch and moan, but I don't like to see players start bitching. The last thing we need right now is locker room drama. I'm hoping this is just an over exaggerated tease by the reporter to sale more papers and get more web hits. But if this ends up being something big, I'm sure you'll hear Steeler Nation screaming in anger over the sound of your gunshots.

I wonder if Mendy's comments and Ben leaving practice early are connected.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:39 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

I didn't even think of that. I sure as hell hope not.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

I didn't even think of that. I sure as hell hope not.

If(IF) they're connected then I think it's safe to say it falls into the HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM category.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:41 am

I say "good". Maybe something will change because they aren't getting the job done like they should right now. I don't want disharmony in the locker room either, but maybe it lights a fire or jars someone's head loose from their ass. Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling 2829330259

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:42 am

As I originally suspected ... over exaggerated tease. But I think we now know who was complaining about them running different plays than what they practiced.
I'll just post the "juicy" part.

Mendenhall: We played to our weakness

Throughout practices last week, the Steelers worked on a power-based rushing attack. Yet in the first half Sunday against Indianapolis, many of the runs called were long-developing stretch and counter plays. The result was Mendenhall having 10 carries for 10 yards at halftime against the undersized but speedy Colts defense.

"We had some matchups that we liked, with them having (six defenders) in the box," said Mendenhall, who added he wasn't sure why the game plan changed.

"We've got to play to our guys' strengths. We've got some big guys who can move you out of the way. That's a small, slanting-style of defense, so you try to run outside on the edge against them? We played to their strength and our weakness. That's a hard thing to do."

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sports11/09-29-2011-Steelers-Mendenhall-frustrated

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 am

Wallace108 wrote:
As I originally suspected ... over exaggerated tease. But I think we now know who was complaining about them running different plays than what they practiced.
I'll just post the "juicy" part.

Mendenhall: We played to our weakness

Throughout practices last week, the Steelers worked on a power-based rushing attack. Yet in the first half Sunday against Indianapolis, many of the runs called were long-developing stretch and counter plays. The result was Mendenhall having 10 carries for 10 yards at halftime against the undersized but speedy Colts defense.

"We had some matchups that we liked, with them having (six defenders) in the box," said Mendenhall, who added he wasn't sure why the game plan changed.

"We've got to play to our guys' strengths. We've got some big guys who can move you out of the way. That's a small, slanting-style of defense, so you try to run outside on the edge against them? We played to their strength and our weakness. That's a hard thing to do."

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sports11/09-29-2011-Steelers-Mendenhall-frustrated

Reminds of the guy on SF the other day going on about how stupid Arians was for continually running the ball up the middle when we only had success running outside. It took every ounce of my being to not start screaming you freaking mental midget did you even watch the game. In case you missed it Mathis,Freeney, and the safeties were killing us outside and Mendy's only good run was up the gut.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 pm

So, will we now get to see more of Redman on Sunday? Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling 3135543967

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:29 am

Wallace108 wrote:
So, will we now get to see more of Redman on Sunday? Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling 3135543967

Would be nice. When you think of Steeler old school power running do you think of Mendy or Redman?

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:04 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Would be nice. When you think of Steeler old school power running do you think of Mendy or Redman?

I rest my case.
I just read last night (I can't find the link, so you guys are just going to have to trust me) that despite Mendy's struggles in the red zone, Arians is sticking with him. He said it's Mendy's job.

We have a RB whose nickname is "Red Zone," and yet we refuse to use him in the red zone. Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling 2913999526

Oh, and welcome to the board solardave. Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling 230572241

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling   Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall rips Steelers play calling
Page 1 of 1