Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDiminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers

Go down 
+3
fer69
JonM229
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:30 pm | Updated: 7:43 am, Mon Apr 30, 2012.
Mike Bires

Chris Rainey is not and never will be a traditional running back. That's OK with the Steelers. They just want him to be an electrifying threat every time he steps on the field.

Rainey, the latest Florida Gator to be drafted by the Steelers, says he fills the bill.

"I can play running back. I can play slot. I can play special teams ... wherever they want me, because I'm a playmaker all around," he said. "I feel that I fit perfect with the offense."

The Steelers agree. That's why they picked Rainey in the fifth round of the draft. He may be a scatback who's only 5-foot-8 and 178 pounds. But with dazzling speed and elusiveness, he was one of the most exciting playmakers in the Southeastern Conference last season.

Rainey has said on more than one occasion that he hopes to one day run the 40-yard dash in 4.1 seconds (no one really believed him). He "only" ran the 40 in 4.45 seconds at the NFL Combine in February. But in March, he improved to 4.36 at his on-campus pro day.

"He's an explosive player from the SEC," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "When you're fast on SEC fields, chances are you're going to have a chance to be fast on NFL fields."

The Steelers first noticed Rainey three years ago when scouting center Maurkice Pouncey, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2010.

Two years ago, the Steelers saw more of Rainey when they scouted tackle Marcus Gilbert, their second-round pick last year.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/diminutive-rainey-hopes-for-big-impact-with-steelers/article_a4fc8d65-68f8-5ada-a212-c89b860bce23.html

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Awwww, he's so adorable *tussles his hair*

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Awwww, he's so adorable *tussles his hair*

You're just mad because you didn't get him. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1378315869

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Nope. The Ravens already have their own little guy with Ray Rice.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 pm

JonM229 wrote:

No need to be PC.... just call him a midget. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1797695198

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

No need to be PC.... just call him a midget. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1797695198

C'mon buddha!!!! he's an inch and a half taller than a midget Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

C'mon buddha!!!! he's an inch and a half taller than a midget Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 3798349058
j

Yeah but that's in his heels!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:27 am

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

OK.... dwarf. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 2087824411

Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 106674522

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:14 am

JonM229 wrote:

He's not little. He's round!!!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:18 am

solardave wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

That must be why it's so hard for the Steelers to tackle him

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:23 am

JonM229 wrote:

465 yards in 9 games for an average of 52 yards a game against the Steelers. I'm not sweating it. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1401235891

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:28 am

and for those keeping track at home, Mendenhall had 428 in 8 for an average of 54 a game. Just a little better.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:46 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
and for those keeping track at home, Mendenhall had 428 in 8 for an average of 54 a game. Just a little better.

Ray Rice never separated his shoulder against the Steelers

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:04 pm

JonM229 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

There are no wife beaters, murderers, rapist, etc. on the Steelers. Not Mendenhall's fault that Ray's pads were made of concrete.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
There are no wife beaters, murderers, rapist, etc. on the Steelers.
Don't toss up softballs to Jon. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
Don't toss up softballs to Jon. Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1505004552

If the condom doesn't fit, you must acquit.

He's innocent Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers 1797695198

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:16 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

HahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaha

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:57 pm

JonM229 wrote:
solardave wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Hey, I never said he was easy to bring down. That little freakin' bowling ball SOB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers   Diminutive Rainey hopes for big impact with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1