Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand Empty
PostSubject: Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand   Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand Rutgers_Eric_Legrand_1

Posted by Josh Alper

A statement released by the Buccaneers on Wednesday about the signing of an undrafted rookie began the same way most of them do.

There were stats and notes about the young man’s playing career, but Eric LeGrand isn’t your usual undrafted free agent so things took a different turn at the end of the first paragraph. While playing for Rutgers in 2010, the defensive tackle suffered a serious spinal cord injury in a game against Army and was paralyzed as a result.

“Leading up to the draft, I couldn’t help but think that this should’ve been Eric’s draft class,” said Schiano in the statement from the team. “This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit, and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/02/bucs-announce-signing-of-paralyzed-former-rutgers-player-eric-legrand/#comments
-------------------------------------------------------

One of the responses:

Quote :
There are many other better UDFA linemen on the market. This move is a head scratcher.

Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 1505004552

Awesome gesture by the Bucs. LeGrand seems like a great young man, and this was a class-act move by Tampa Bay.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand   Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:49 am

Is the guy who made that comment sure it wasn't his ass he was scratching? His head has to be located inside of it and that's as close as he'd get to it. Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 294855916

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand   Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:35 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Is the guy who made that comment sure it wasn't his ass he was scratching? His head has to be located inside of it and that's as close as he'd get to it. Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 294855916

He does have the right to remain ignorant!! Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 2913999526

I agree this is a classy move by the Bucs.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand   Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:33 am

In a league that is full of descrepancies, unethical behavior, and lack of integrity, I give the Bucs two thumbs up for this move.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand   Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:36 pm

solardave wrote:
He does have the right to remain ignorant!! Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 2913999526

And I totally expect he'll continue to fully exercise that right. Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand   Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand Empty

Back to top Go down

Bucs sign paralyzed former Rutgers player Eric LeGrand
Page 1 of 1