Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me Empty
PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me   Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:47 pm

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: May 24, 2012 at 08:46 a.m.

Two days into OTAs, it sounds like Ben Roethlisberger hasn't quite cracked the "Rosetta Stone" that is the new Pittsburgh Steelers offense. He's been trying to tell his receivers to remain patient with him.

"I tried to tell (them) don't get frustrated because I know you're used to getting a lot more balls, but this is how it was my rookie year," Roethlisberger said, via The Associated Press. "I know what one guy does and I go to him. If he's not open, I start scrambling."

That's what Roethlisberger excels at. But new offensive coordinator Todd Haley is trying to teach Roethlisberger to play more from the pocket.

"I know that I'm supposed to get rid of the ball, stay in the pockets and not get hits," Roethlisberger. "I guess I better learn where the protections are coming from so I don't get hit."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8294f068/article/ben-roethlisberger-to-wrs-be-patient-with-me?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me   Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Those are funny quotes considering what Ben said just a few months ago Ben Roethlisberger to WRs: Be patient with me 1797695198:

Quote :
“I don’t know if it would be easy for us to learn it. We’re so young on offense and the most-talented room in this whole building is probably wide receiver, no disrespect to anyone else. And they’re also really young. That was my biggest talking point to Mike [Tomlin] and those guys — I would hate to just throw everything out and start over because I feel it would set us back two or three years because these guys are just starting to get it."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Page 1 of 1