Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Roethlisberger injury Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger injury

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Bays
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Ben Roethlisberger injury Empty
PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Ben warms up for the regular season by his first injury report for 2012

Steelers' Roethlisberger not worried about 'little' tear in rotator cuff

For the record, Roethlisberger likes the new offense and says he and Haley get along well --and he does not believe his right arm will hold back that offense. It was injured in the Steelers Nov. 6 loss to Baltimore. He mentioned it in the spring but this is the first time he's publicly called it a rotator cuff tear. However, he says it feels fine, that his arm feels strong and that it should not hamper any of his throws.

"I'm good. It's OK, just sore," he said when asked about his arm injury. "I have a little torn rotator cuff. That doesn't heal. We just have to hope it doesn't tear the rest of the way, according to Doc," he said, laughing....

Hopefully the broken toes from the AFC Championship game in Ben's rookie season and his broken ribs injured in Super Bowl XLIII remain healed

In other news from Ben World

What has gotten better is his understanding of Haley's offense. Their relationship is growing and the shock value of having his mentor and friend, Bruce Arians, shown the door as coordinator by the Steelers in January has worn off.

"Obviously, things got blown up early on," Roethlisberger said of the firing/hiring. His relationship with Haley "really has been good, it's been good ebb and flow, talking, changing things; he's been open to hearing some change, I've been open to changes from him. So it's been really good. Every day we learn something new about either each other, the relationship, the offense, something. We take it, we run with it and we're not looking back."

Roethlisberger also acknowledged liking the new offense....

One thing Haley and Roethlisberger are still working on is when to dump the ball off to a back when the main receivers are not open. Haley wants to see more of it, Roethlisberger would still like to check more secondary receivers. Haley emphasizes that he wants his quarterbacks to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball, even if that means a "check down" to a back. Roethlisberger, of course, has made a reputation as a scrambling gunslinger at times.

They are trying to find that happy medium.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ff-647119/?p=0

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz22KK5HSCE

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm

As far as the "torn rotator cuff", I'm sure it's just Drama King Ben at it again. Ben Roethlisberger injury 1797695198

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 pm

As I posted on SF, Ed probably should have included this bit from the PG+ entry in the regular article:

"In fact, someone with good medical knowledge told me you could probably take most quarterbacks in the league and find they had a 'little torn rotator cuff.'"
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
As I posted on SF, Ed probably should have included this bit from the PG+ entry in the regular article:

"In fact, someone with good medical knowledge told me you could probably take most quarterbacks in the league and find they had a 'little torn rotator cuff.'"

Maybe his rotator cuff is located in his ass? Ben Roethlisberger injury 2087824411

That would explain why he's been so butt-hurt since Arians "retired". Ben Roethlisberger injury 3798349058

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

A torn anus would definitely have me disgruntled, even if just a partial tear.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Ben Roethlisberger injury 1664291743

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
A torn anus would definitely have me disgruntled, even if just a partial tear.

Ben Roethlisberger injury 2708706202 You just made the "Out of Context Thread", Dodens! Ben Roethlisberger injury 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 pm

NFL Live OT: Big Ben Has Slight Tear In Rotator Cuff
Publish Date: Today, 05:21 PM ETDuration: 02:23

Tim Hasselbeck and Jason Taylor discuss the impact of Ben Roethlisberger's rotator cuff injury.

(Watch Video:) http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8223739&categoryid=2378529

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm

It's not that big of a deal, really. I play quarterback, and a tear isn't that bad. It's a really nagging pain, it almost makes your arm restless, but it's not going to effect his playing too much, as long as he doesn't completely tear it.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:22 pm

bayz101 wrote:
It's not that big of a deal, really. I play quarterback, and a tear isn't that bad. It's a really nagging pain, it almost makes your arm restless, but it's not going to effect his playing too much, as long as he doesn't completely tear it.

Wait... are we talking about his rotator cuff or his b-hole now? Ben Roethlisberger injury 2829330259 Ben Roethlisberger injury 106674522

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 pm

great....now i have worry

edit: rotator cuff not b-hole

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Last edited by vasteeler on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Wait... are we talking about his rotator cuff or his b-hole now? Ben Roethlisberger injury 2829330259 Ben Roethlisberger injury 106674522

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

i knew this was going to happen.....i edited as you were typing

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Buddha!!!! you sir are sick Ben Roethlisberger injury 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha!!!! you sir are sick Ben Roethlisberger injury 3798349058

Ben Roethlisberger injury Duh-award

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Why does this shit have to come up now...in training camp...at the beginning of the season?!
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 pm

Because Ben wanted some attention. No biggie. Nothing to see here, move along. Ben Roethlisberger injury 1378315869
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
Because Ben wanted some attention. No biggie. Nothing to see here, move along. Ben Roethlisberger injury 1378315869

Ben Roethlisberger injury 3964572787

Ben, love him or hate him you have to admit, is a monumental attention whore. Ben Roethlisberger injury 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am

Here's some links on Ben's shoulder:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/ben-roethlisberger-has-shoulder-injury-not-worried-about-minor-tear/

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Roethlisberger-says-shoulder-is-fine/49b4acdf-34b2-42a0-87e8-0351c14f29d0

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-scare-ben-s-arm-is-fine/article_fb2a7ed5-37fb-5dac-aaf1-f21f42ff451d.html

With ten an hour, i'll just keep throwing them in here unless something significant is posted.

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger injury   Ben Roethlisberger injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger injury
Page 1 of 1