Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFree agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time Empty
PostSubject: Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time   Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Posted by Evan Silva on May 26, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT

The Steelers signed free agent tackle Max Starks off the street in early October of last season, and he solidified Pittsburgh’s left tackle position before a torn ACL ended his season in January. Starks has been rehabbing this spring, and he wants to keep playing football.

Starks is currently an unrestricted free agent.

On Saturday, Starks informed ESPN’s Josina Anderson that he’s “just about two months away” from receiving medical clearance to resume football activities. Training camp starts in two months, so the timelines conveniently coincide.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/26/free-agent-max-starks-expects-to-be-cleared-around-camp-time/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since Starks is a free agent, I decided to post this in the Front Office. I like hearing this news and hope the Steelers decide to bring him into camp to at least have a shot at ousting J. Scott or Trai Essex from the depth chart. I'd really feel more comfortable having Max as an insurance policy if Adams isn't able to handle starter duties at LT. I'm really worried if he can't that our options are Essex or Scott.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time   Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:48 pm

I wouldn't mind having him as a backup, but as a starter, I don't think he's got what it takes to make it through the full year.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time   Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:01 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I wouldn't mind having him as a backup, but as a starter, I don't think he's got what it takes to make it through the full year.

I don't necessarily think we'd need him to hold up as a starter for the whole year. I'd like him to be an early year option at starter if Adams can't assume the role right away and give him more time to assimilate into the starter's position if need be at mid-season. Starks would simply be a place-holder type starter until Adams is fully ready.

I feel even less comfortable with Essex or Scott as a starter as I would Starks, especially Scott. We could still keep Essex around, especially since he's more flexible and can play guard if needed. I'd just rather be done with the J. Scott experiment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time   Free agent Max Starks expects to be cleared around camp time Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1