Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers To Mark 40th Anniversary Of Immaculate Reception Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers To Mark 40th Anniversary Of Immaculate Reception

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers To Mark 40th Anniversary Of Immaculate Reception Empty
PostSubject: Steelers To Mark 40th Anniversary Of Immaculate Reception   Steelers To Mark 40th Anniversary Of Immaculate Reception EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 am

May 31, 2012 10:14 PM

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — In the grand scheme of Pittsburgh sports, the Immaculate Reception was a turning point.

“Everyone knows where they were on Dec. 23, 1972 if they were born at that time,” Andy Masich, director of the Heinz History Center, said.

The event has become so pivotal in our lore that the shoes Franco wore that day are on display at the Heinz History Center – as is the piece of turf from Three Rivers Stadium where x marks the spot of the miracle, in addition to the original statue of Franco at that moment.

Its twin is at the Pittsburgh International Airport.

The moment is so special, it’s only natural the Steelers will include milestone in the celebration of their 80th season this year.

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/05/31/steelers-to-mark-40th-anniversary-of-immaculate-reception/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm excited to see what they do in the IR spot. I'll definitely have to go and check it out if they place something permanent there to view.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1