Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHappy Immaculate Reception Day Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Happy Immaculate Reception Day

Go down 
+4
effyou515
El-Gonzo Jackson
vasteeler
Vis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

Happy Immaculate Reception Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:18 am

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/An-Immaculate-day-in-history/25ede967-ab40-4f2d-b4b5-03a879fee397

An 'Immaculate' day in history

Quote :
Former Steelers Franco Harris and Frenchy Fuqua will talk on the phone at some point today. It’s something they do every year on Dec. 23. It happens without fail, because today is special for them. It’s the anniversary of not just one of the greatest moments in their football lives, but one of the greatest plays in the history of the NFL.

Today is the 43rd anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, a play that changed the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Let’s just set the stage for that day back in 1972. Three Rivers Stadium, AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. the Oakland Raiders. Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler had run 30 yards for a touchdown that gave his team a 7-6 lead with just 1:17 to play. Soon afterward, quarterback Terry Bradshaw and the rest of the Steelers offense were looking at a fourth-and-10 from the 40-yard line with just 22 seconds remaining. Desperately searching for the team’s first ever playoff, it didn’t look promising. But they never gave up. While under pressure Bradshaw through the ball in the direction of Fuqua and as it arrived he collided with Raiders safety Jack Tatum, and the ball ricocheted back and Harris miraculously scooped it out of the air and took off running for a 60-yard touchdown reception that gave the Steelers the 13-7 win and a wild celebration ensued.

“I don’t think the fans knew what happened,” said Fuqua, who was knocked to the ground after the collision. “Everyone I spoke to after I got up off the ground said what happened, what happened. Someone said it’s a miracle. Then we had to go through that long, long wait when the referees went in there to look at replay and it seemed like an eternity.”

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:15 am

That makes me feel old Happy Immaculate Reception Day 3366384954

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:57 am

Man I need to see that on Alcoa Fantastic Finishes !
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:58 am

vasteeler wrote:

You were the guy who runs on the field in that clip, right?

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:11 am

Vis wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

You were the guy who runs on the field in that clip, right?

Happy Immaculate Reception Day 2472506995 not that old

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:52 pm

My all time favorite Steelers play. I couldn't see it then but I've watched it probably 300x.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:56 pm

The play that launched the Steelers to all time greatness.

Happy Immaculate Reception Day 1372836603     Happy Immaculate Reception Day 2335737994      Happy Immaculate Reception Day 2287965686      Happy Immaculate Reception Day 1948569602
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Remember it like it was yesterday.

Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:25 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Man I need to see that on Alcoa Fantastic Finishes !
Happy Immaculate Reception Day 469886443 ha..wow ...bringing back some memories..i still remember the jingle "we cant wait..we cant wait for tomorrow...Alcoa cant wait!".."Alcoa presents fantastic finishes"....good stuff

PostSubject: Re: Happy Immaculate Reception Day   Happy Immaculate Reception Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Immaculate Reception Day
Page 1 of 1