Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)

Go down 
+9
fer69
Galax Steeler
Buddha Bus
Bays
SteelersYak
steelersfan87
vasteeler
stlrtruck
Wallace108
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
#Steelers RB Isaac Redman left practice today with a sore hip. Add that to his groin.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 am

Inside the Ropes: Roethlisberger crisp in no-huddle
By Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 8:48 p.m.

• Ben Roethlisberger looked sharp during the Steelers’ no-huddle portion of practice. Roethlisberger connected on all three of his passes — two to Antonio Brown and one to Chris Rainey. Roethlisberger also handed off to running back Baron Batch twice before giving way to the second team.

• With Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer limited because of injuries, and newly signed running back Jason Ford unable to practice until Friday, the Steelers were thin at the position for practice. Batch took most of the first-team snaps, with fullback Will Johnson working with the second-team. Batch and Rainey split time with the third team.

• Rainey looked solid in pass protection when he took on blitzing linebacker Mortty Ivy during 11-on-11. Rainey weighs 178 and Ivy 239.

• Jamie McCoy and David Paulson took reps at David Johnson’s former position of fullback/tight end.e_SClB

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2414054-85/team-practice-rainey-roethlisberger-batch-linebacker-steelers-tackle-continued-david?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 am

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
As I suggested in an earlier tweet, Mike Tomlin is mad at Isaac Redman for talking to the media about his injury.

Quote :
@erik_esteban no fights today so that's a plus

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Tweets:

Quote :
LT Mike Adams is in full pads a week after hurting his right knee. He is wearing a knee brace.

Quote :
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell
Adams back. Redman in jersey, shorts but not practicing -- probably a good sign.

Quote :
Alan Robinson ‏@arobinson_Trib
Steelers LB coach Keith Butler says there's a chance Jason Worilds, who hasn't practiced in camp, might miss preseason. Best case: 1 game.

Quote :
Keith Butler on Worilds: "Hoopefully we can get him back for the last preseason game, but that may not be the case." #steelers

Quote :
Keith Butler also says James Harrison has been set back in his recovery (knee) a few times. #steelers

Quote :
#Steelers LB coach Keith Butler on Harrison having no spring, no camp to date: "He’s a guy who needs reps. It's going to be tough for him."

Quote :
Mike Adams is running 2nd LT. Gilbert stays at 1st team LT and Foster RT

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Tweets:

Quote :
LT Mike Adams is in full pads a week after hurting his right knee. He is wearing a knee brace.

Quote :
Adams back. Redman in jersey, shorts but not practicing -- probably a good sign.

Quote :
Steelers LB coach Keith Butler says there's a chance Jason Worilds, who hasn't practiced in camp, might miss preseason. Best case: 1 game.

Quote :
Keith Butler on Worilds: "Hoopefully we can get him back for the last preseason game, but that may not be the case." #steelers

Quote :
Keith Butler also says James Harrison has been set back in his recovery (knee) a few times. #steelers

Quote :
#Steelers LB coach Keith Butler on Harrison having no spring, no camp to date: "He’s a guy who needs reps. It's going to be tough for him."

Quote :
Mike Adams is running 2nd LT. Gilbert stays at 1st team LT and Foster RT

Some good and bad here. I'm happy to hear that Adams is back in gear and that Redman is around. We'll need these guys desperately to be successful on offense.

Worilds is starting to worry me. He's starting to look like he's made of glass. He's constantly injured and hasn't produced a great deal for a 2nd round pick. I feel like if he can't get on the field within the next year or two and contribute heavily, we may need to break out the "B" word on him. I'm still hoping he can get past the injury bug and become what he's been drafted for (our next man up at LB), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little concerned.

Were Harrison's "set backs" before or after his surgery yesterday? If it was before, then no worries. If it is since the surgery, my Spider sense is tingling! :paranoid:

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:33 pm

I would argue that Worilds has contributed heavily in his first two years. His contributions have to be measured with respect to the fact that he's nestled behind two Pro Bowl players at his position. If you look up his stats at the end of the year last year when he started 5 of the last 6 games, he played very well in replace of Harrison and Woodley, recording three sacks in that span and 5+ tackles a game average. Granted that he missed a golden opportunity earlier in the season when he was injured the same time Harrison was injured, but he really stepped up when they needed him most. I honestly think he catches way more flack than he deserves because of a few injuries and the fact that there were other linebackers the Steelers could have drafted instead of him. But in my opinion, that's unfair to him, and he should be judged based on who he is and what he does (in games that matter, ideally), and not who he's not. I like Worilds a lot and expect him to take over for Harrison once he's done, unless that takes a couple years and they end up drafting an OLB in the first round or something. Either way, I'm really hoping he can take the field for the last preseason game just so people will lay off. If you ask Worilds, he seems miffed that he's not allowed to practice, so you can't really blame him for not being on the field.

I think the Harrison comment was referring to the events that led up to the surgery, and not the surgery itself.

Edit: My little Worilds rant isn't directed at you, it's just an accumulated frustration I've built up over the past 3 years of people constantly knocking him. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 2625562446
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Quote :
Heyward and pouncey fight. No. 9 of camp
Quote :
dL coach John Mitchell still giving into Heyward on sidelines.

Quote :
A couple right hands landed by both Heyward and Pouncey.

Quote :
Dwyer running first team RB in team drills.

Quote :
Jon Dwyer really crisp out there. He is thinner and quicker.

Quote :
Adams now in with first team at LT. Gilbert switched to RT

Last edited by Dodens Grav on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I would argue that Worilds has contributed heavily in his first two years. His contributions have to be measured with respect to the fact that he's nestled behind two Pro Bowl players at his position. If you look up his stats at the end of the year last year when he started 5 of the last 6 games, he played very well in replace of Harrison and Woodley, recording three sacks in that span and 5+ tackles a game average. Granted that he missed a golden opportunity earlier in the season when he was injured the same time Harrison was injured, but he really stepped up when they needed him most. I honestly think he catches way more flack than he deserves because of a few injuries and the fact that there were other linebackers the Steelers could have drafted instead of him. But in my opinion, that's unfair to him, and he should be judged based on who he is and what he does (in games that matter, ideally), and not who he's not. I like Worilds a lot and expect him to take over for Harrison once he's done, unless that takes a couple years and they end up drafting an OLB in the first round or something. Either way, I'm really hoping he can take the field for the last preseason game just so people will lay off. If you ask Worilds, he seems miffed that he's not allowed to practice, so you can't really blame him for not being on the field.

I think the Harrison comment was referring to the events that led up to the surgery, and not the surgery itself.

Edit: My little Worilds rant isn't directed at you, it's just an accumulated frustration I've built up over the past 3 years of people constantly knocking him. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 2625562446

No sweat, you Worilds apologist. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1797695198

I hope he does get past this stuff and proves he's worthy of that 2nd round pick. We need someone to be ready in the wings, especially since Deebo's starting to become injury prone lately. Hopefully that's an anomaly and not a precursor of more to come, but at his age in the NFL, it wouldn't be surprising.

I think Worilds CAN be a contributor, but he will need to stay on the field and healthy for that pick to have not been wasted. All the flashes of greatness and potential in the world can't make a 2nd rounder worth it if they can't be out there on Sundays doing their job consistently. Let's hope the injuries are out of the way for him for awhile once he gets back from this. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 230572241

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Steelers Insider Ed Bouchette Dishes On Depth Chart
August 16, 2012 11:02 AM
Ed Bouchette, Steelers, The Fan Morning Show, Training Camp

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – 93.7 The Fan Steelers Insider Ed Bouchette joined The Fan Morning Show on Thursday to give the latest scoop on the black and gold with training camp winding to a close.

He offered updates on a number of injuries, including those to James Harrison and Isaac Redman.

He also shed light on how position battles should shake out in a number of key areas.

(Listen To Interview:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/08/16/steelers-insider-ed-bouchette-dishes-on-depth-chart/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac
Adams at LT w 2nd team. Ron foster at 1st LT.

Who the fuck is Ron Foster, Gerry? 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Who the fuck is Ron Foster, Gerry? 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1505004552

Looks like he needs some more sleep. So do you, though.

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 Lamash10

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1664291743

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:15 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Looks like he needs some more sleep. So do you, though.

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 Lamash10

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1664291743

Fucker. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1075563676

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac
Ike Taylor agrees with what Keenan Lewis said: Mike Wallace "aching" to get back w Steelers.

Quote :
@Steelers_Fever Little guy working his way up to becoming Mewelde Moore. Dwyer looked good today.

Quote :
Joe Starkey ‏@JoeStarkey1
Theme of camp 4 offense? M Starks' take: 'The biggest thing Coach Haley wants to instill is that this is still (Roethlisberger’s) offense.'

Quote :
Bob Labriola ‏@BobLabriola
Against the Colts, Marcus Gilbert will start at LT and Ramon Foster at RT.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:37 pm

The Wexell tweet was in regard to a question about Baron Batch if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
The Wexell tweet was in regard to a question about Baron Batch if I recall correctly.
Correct.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1227708691

I thought maybe he was talking to his penis in the men's room. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Mike Tomlin Press Conference 8/17

(Watch Video:) http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin-Press-Conference-817/36750e72-d51d-462a-a079-7629dbbfd4ca

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Mike Bires camp Tweets:

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Byron Leftwich won't play vs. Colts

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
QB rotation for Sunday's game: Ben Roethlisberger for at least 2 or 3 series; Charlie Batch next then a lot of Jerrod Johnson in second half

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 am

Quote :
Larry Foote wins the #Steelers' first annual Home Run Derby with "one damn homer."

Now we know why these guys are football players. 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 1797695198

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:11 pm

"ONE DAMN HOMER" 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 3562723908

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 pm

fer69 wrote:
"ONE DAMN HOMER" 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 3562723908

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 Homer-simpson-doh

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm having training camp withdrawal already. Who is lining up at left guard with the third string offense? Is Terrence Frederick going to play outside corner at all? WHAT IS TYLER BEILER DOING RIGHT NOW? I NEED TO KNOW.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Quote :
@rogerhuffman86 I don't think so. The rookies r playing well, admittedly, but Suisham is playing well too and Kapinos should be back this wk

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Quote :
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires
Max Starks on why he dressed for Sunday's game vs. Indy when he knew we wouldn't play ... "I just work here ... they told me to."

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette
@BarbaraLoving Teams must cut to 75 players Monday. they must reach 53 Aug. 31. Practice squad players can be signed Sept. 1.

Quote :
@GarmanCm Adams's production has been as bad as JScott's, but looks athletic, good feet, great reach, good potential.

Quote :
Max Starks says he'll be practicing with the 1st team today. LT of course.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I really wanna see Starks on the field, i don't think Adams is quite ready to take over LT.

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)   2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Training Camp Thread (HERE WE GO!)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next