Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe injury thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The injury thread

Go down 
+11
Jazzo
BlackAndGold
Hawaii 5-0
67 calsteel
jak341
SteelerSpartan
OX1947
FrancoLambert
kirklandrules
Fire Arians
Vis
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 11:40 am

Anthony Chickillo (left knee)
Ryan Harris (hematoma)
Jarvis Jones (left ankle)
Marcus Gilbert (mid-foot)
Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder)
Ryan Shazier (knee)
Robert Golden (hamstring)
Ramon Foster (chest)
Eli Rogers (toe)
Roosevelt Nix (back)

Who has the cousin on the medical staff to get us updates?

Fire Arians

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Chickillo and Jones worry me. We're pretty good at depth in the other positions but not OLB
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Chickillo and Jones worry me. We're pretty good at depth in the other positions but not OLB

Agreed. I saw Chickillo limping off the field, but didn't see what happened. I haven't heard how serious the injury to Jones is, but it was one of those plays where he got his ankle rolled on. So it could be serious.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 3:14 pm

P-G has these updates this afternoon

Steelers right tackle Marcus Gilbert had his injured left foot in a walking boot and was on crutches Monday afternoon....

Heyward-Bey spoke to reporters Monday, but he did not divulge how he injured the shoulder or how it was healing....

Ramon Foster missed the Chiefs game with a sternum injury and might not be able to play this week, either....

And with regard to Bud Dupree, this does not sound promising

The recovery from abdominal surgery has been a slow process for outside linebacker Bud Dupree. He had surgery on both sides of his abdominal wall after missing most of training camp....

“The most I do now is walk a mile then do the treadmill, then the elliptical (machine),” he said. “That’s to keep my stamina up.”

Dupree also said he’s doing some light exercises for his core but nothing very strenuous yet. The next step is getting in the weight room, trying to jog and then moving side to side. He gave no timetable for those next steps in his recovery....

The Steelers placed Dupree on injured reserve and could bring him back to the active roster if his rehab goes well, but he’s not close to doing anything football-related five weeks after surgery.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/03/Steelers-notebook-Marcus-Gilbert-s-injured-left-foot-is-in-a-walking-boot/stories/201610030152
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 3:56 pm

well that sucks about dupree. i have a feeling he's not going to be playing at all this year
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 4:08 pm

The next "next man up" is up after seeing that list

A 1-3 Jets team (that does stink) will be very desperate for a win.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Dupree sounds like he will be this years Pouncey. Look for him to back next year. Damn shame. Deebo may have to finish the season. I wish Jones could start getting sacks.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Not a good time for another of our OL to be going down.....yeah yeah jets have brain farts....but their DL is loaded with monsters.....their DL pretty much single-handedly beat us two years ago when Vick was their Qb.

Damn all these injuries.

jak341

jak341

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:32 pm

When did Harris get hurt? Damn. We are really scraping bottom at that position.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:30 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
Not a good time for another of our OL to be going down.....yeah yeah jets have brain farts....but their DL is loaded with monsters.....their DL pretty much  single-handedly beat us two years ago when Vick was their Qb.

Damn all these injuries.

I do not think I will ever look at a game and feel comfortable again after the Philly game. The Steelers shit the bed with teams they should cream and I am just not going to think they are gonna roll anyone over until they actually do it. Steelers have a great opportunity to go into the bye with a a 5-2 record and having two weeks to prep against the Ravens to go 6-2 half way through. I hope they can do it.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Steelers may have their new Beachem with Finney. He was ballin last night. Steelers could have one of the best center guards in football if he keeps blocking like that.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Finney is solid, I was happy with his play. Not surprising though, the staff obviously thought he was worth something since he was the highest paid practice squad member. I remember another team was thinking of snatching him away and they gave him a pay raise to the same as someone on the active roster to prevent it.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 4:19 pm

I think Foster should sit another game if he's not 100%. Finney has been solid so far
Back to top Go down
67 calsteel
Xtreme Newb

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:45 pm

maybe the steelers should see if Anthony Davis wants to play for us.trade with 49ers
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Reports: Justin Gilbert carted off after suffering knee injury

Posted by Zac Jackson on October 5, 2016

Steelers cornerback Justin Gilbert was carted off the practice field Wednesday, per multiple reports.

Gilbert was listed as limited on the team’s injury and participation report Wednesday with a knee injury. In-season practices are closed, and the Steelers by rule don’t have to provide any further details.

The Steelers acquired Gilbert in a trade with the Browns last month and he’s played in three of the Steelers’ four games. A first-round pick of the Browns in 2014, Gilbert struggled on and off the field in his first two seasons and was not in the plans of the Browns’ new regime.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/05/reports-justin-gilbert-carted-off-after-suffering-knee-injury/
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Fire Arians

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Anyone else this Aditi Kinkhabwala is a little cutie? haha
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 2:03 am

Fire Arians wrote:

She's married, but I'd definitely hit it if given the opportunity! I am just a degenerate like that though. The injury thread 119875844

jak341

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

She's married, but I'd definitely hit it if given the opportunity! I am just a degenerate like that though. The injury thread 119875844  

Sorry guys, I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 4:39 pm

jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

As the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." Don't get me wrong, she is not a dime piece or anything, but I still find her attractive.

El-Gonzo Jackson

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Jazzo wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

As the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." Don't get me wrong, she is not a dime piece or anything, but I still find her attractive.

Cute, but kind of skinny and that pointy nose just makes her look odd sometimes. Still wish Nicole Zalumis was on NFL network. The injury thread 2927775184
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:29 pm

I see Shazier is out again this week. Hopefully it is because they want him 100% against New England next week. We are definitely going to need him for pass coverage over the middle!

Fire Arians

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:24 pm

no need to rush shazier back, vince williams has been money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The injury thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The injury thread   The injury thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The injury thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next