Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeCastro's injury Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DeCastro's injury

Go down 
+6
steelerdude15
Bays
steelersfan87
Gingerchip
stlrtruck
Wallace108
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Tomlin just said it's potentially severe. Have to wait for the MRI obviously, but Tomlin didn't sound optimistic.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh SHITE!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION DeCastro's injury 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Quote :
Ken Laird‏@Ken_Laird

Decastro just left #Steelers locker room on crutches with very large brace on his right knee

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Quote :
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Mike Tomlin called DeCastro's injury "potentially severe." I'm told it's prob ACL but won't know till tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:37 pm

WTF? Why can't our guys seem to stay healthy?

What happened? I didn't get to see the game.

If it's a torn ACL - he'll be out the rest of the season, right? There goes our O line..........SHIT

DeCastro's injury We_bel10
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:05 am

All signs are pointing toward done for the year. While this is a big blow, Ramon Foster is still a capable guard. It sucks a lot more for DeCastro than it does for the Steelers overall, I'd say, but still, much sympathy directed the young man's way. Very unfortunate injury.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:10 am

Sources close to the situation are reporting that both the ACL and the MCL are damaged...

steelerdude15

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 am

We'll just have to play the waiting game and see what happens. We can only hope at this point that it isn't too serious. However, we do have a couple of serviceable guards that can play which is a good thing.

Buddha Bus

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:26 am

Well... I guess.... but..... at least..... UGH. DeCastro's injury 1505004552 No

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 pm

He's done for the year...MCL tear. FUCK! We are so fucked!

I haven't watched the game, since I wasn't at home...so I don't know anything other than this injury. I will be watching the game once it records on Monday.

Fucking damn it! I didn't want DeCastro to go down...especially during pre-season!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
He's done for the year...MCL tear. FUCK! We are so fucked!

I haven't watched the game, since I wasn't at home...so I don't know anything other than this injury. I will be watching the game once it records on Monday.

Fucking damn it! I didn't want DeCastro to go down...especially during pre-season!

A severe MCL tear will only keep him out eight weeks. An ACL tear is what we're worried about.

RoethlisbergersLG78

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:51 pm

CBSSports.com ‏@CBSSports
Guard David DeCastro, the Steelers' first round pick, will reportedly miss the season with an MCL tear:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19924225/report-steelers-decastro-tears-mcl-may-be-done-for-season

Last edited by RoethlisbergersLG78 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 pm

CBSSports.com ‏@CBSSports
Guard David DeCastro, the Steelers' first round pick, will reportedly miss the season with an MCL tear:

That doesn't make sense. An MCL tear takes 8 weeks to heal, and that's if it's a SEVERE MCL tear. A mild tear sometimes takes a month.

RoethlisbergersLG78

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 pm

I read the article, they said IF his ACL is torn then he's out. So the "tweet" is misleading. Not official that DeCastro is done for the year. Hoping its just 8 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 pm

I read the article, they said IF his ACL is torn then he's out. So the "tweet" is misleading. Not official that DeCastro is done for the year. Hoping its just 8 weeks.

Keep an eye on the Steelers forum, we'll be breaking news here soon, hopefully.

Quest For Seven
Mach1

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 pm

This sucks balls.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

bayz101 wrote:

Keep an eye on the Steelers forum, we'll be breaking news here soon, hopefully.

Will do, buddy.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Someone from the nfl channel said "he'll be out a while". I hope it's only 8 weeks DeCastro's injury 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 pm

fer69 wrote:
Someone from the nfl channel said "he'll be out a while". I hope it's only 8 weeks DeCastro's injury 2913999526

Multiple reports right now. If it's ACL and MCL, he's done for the year. ESPN is reporting that it's an MCL, dislocated knee-cap and damage to his patellar tendon, however, NFL.com is reporting that he's torn both his MCL AND his ACL.

More information on that here: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t3182-decastro-tears-mcl-acl-fine

fer69

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:23 pm

bayz101 wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Multiple reports right now. If it's ACL and MCL, he's done for the year. ESPN is reporting that it's an MCL, dislocated knee-cap and damage to his patellar tendon, however, NFL.com is reporting that he's torn both his MCL AND his ACL.

More information on that here: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t3182-decastro-tears-mcl-acl-fine

FUCK!!!!!!!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DeCastro's injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro's injury   DeCastro's injury Empty

Back to top Go down

DeCastro's injury
Page 1 of 1