Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: ‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers   ‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:49 am

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, August 2, 2012, 8:12 p.m.
Updated 4 hours ago

Call them The Replacements.

For now, they’re not true Steelers starters, just starters in waiting. Outside linebacker Chris Carter knows he’s headed to the bench when James Harrison is healthy. Steve McLendon understands he will divide time at nose tackle when the massive Casey Hampton is healed.

Mike Adams figures to be a starter in the near future but, for now, he’s merely trying to take advantage of the extra practice time gained because left tackle Max Starks is healing from knee surgery.

To a man, they agree there’s no replacing all the extra attention they’re getting because five players remain on the physically unable to perform list more than a week into training camp. Carter, for example, got a mini-tutoring session from Harrison as the two ate lunch Thursday at the St. Vincent College cafeteria.

“They’re amazing athletes. James, you can learn a lot from that guy,” Carter said. “He’s the consummate pro. So it’s not just an opportunity for me to get in there and get some quality reps and prepare for the future.”

For Carter, a fifth-round pick in 2011, this is a real-life instructional course, and the grading will be done by coach Mike Tomlin, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and linebackers coach Keith Butler. It offers an opportunity for him to prove he’s as good as the players who were drafted higher or played in the more-prestigious BCS conferences.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2323548-85/carter-guys-mclendon-steelers-hampton-opportunity-players-replacements-season-starters?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers   ‘The Replacements’ emerge for Steelers EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 am

I'm rootin' for Chris Carter. I hope he develops into a starter when Silverback decides to hang them up.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1