Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCoach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments Empty
PostSubject: Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments   Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 am

Posted by Teresa Varley on August 25, 2012 – 11:00 pm

Coach Mike Tomlin
Post-Game Comments vs. Buffalo Bills
It’s good to come on the road and get a win, hadn’t done that in the preseason. I thought we got better as the game wore on. I didn’t like how we started from a detail and execution standpoint. I thought we defeated ourselves some, dropped passes, untimely penalties and so forth. The thing I did like about the group is they didn’t get down on themselves, they continued to work. They put together a couple of drives, particularly the one right before half I thought was big. The defense continues to give us a short field which is good; hopefully that is the signature of our ball here in 2012. On the injury front David DeCastro went down with a knee, it’s potentially severe but we’ll see what the MRI says. The other injury of the game was Brett Keisel. We held him out for precaution. I think he has a mild high ankle. He should be ready to go for us. But overall I thought the guys were into the game in all three phases. I thought they warmed up to it, got going and made the necessary plays for us to get out of here with a victory. We need a little more detail early on. We can’t put ourselves in hostile environments and not execute at a higher level in initial portions of football games.

Talk about the first touchdown, the third-and-two play, and the commitment to run it in?

I am not going to make a big deal about it. We were in goal line and we handed the ball off to the left side to Isaac Redman. He did a nice job of getting into the end zone.

Did Ben Roethlisberger run his own shown in the no-huddle on the 98-yard drive? Is he calling the plays?

We have the capability of talking to him any time the playbook hadn’t gotten to 15 seconds. It’s a collaborative effort. I would have to look at each individual play to give a gist of what happened. It’s a collaborative effort. Obviously he is a critical part of it and has done a nice job.

(Read More:) http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/25/coach-tomlins-post-game-comments/

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments   Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:30 am

Any update on Wallace? None.

Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments 1797695198

Page 1 of 1