Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial NFL lockout thread - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official NFL lockout thread

Go down 
+3
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
Wallace108
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Sides hope to roll cases into 1 accord   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Sides hope to roll cases into 1 accord

ESPN.com news services

The sides in the NFL's labor dispute are amenable to rolling the remaining issues that are most problematic -- the settlement of the Brady vs. NFL antitrust lawsuit and the television "lockout insurance" damages case -- into a global settlement, sources familiar with the talks told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

A global settlement would mean that those two cases, along with the retired players' lawsuit and all other legal issues, would be dropped if the players ratify a new collective bargaining agreement, which is expected to cover the next 10 seasons. That would be the quickest way to get the lockout lifted.

If the remaining legal issues are not rolled into a global settlement, it would be a very bad sign, potentially even stopping progress.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6779666/lockout-nfl-nflpa-want-global-settlement-sources-say

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: NFL must satisfy antitrust plaintiffs   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:27 pm

NFL must satisfy antitrust plaintiffs
ESPN.com news services

The NFL will have to satisfy the 10 named plaintiffs in Brady vs. NFL antitrust case in order to complete the deal for its new collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association.

As named plaintiffs, players including Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson would be entitled to compensation as part of any settlement.

None, though, were expected to derail any possible deal with their demands.

One high-ranking NFLPA executive told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen: "Any media reports of a last-minute power play by players are misleading and erroneous. There are unresolved issues and we remain focused on resolving them."

Yahoo! Sports has reported that Jackson's agents have requested that the wide receiver become an unrestricted free agent when the lockout was over or receive $10 million. The Boston Globe said that both Manning and Brees were seeking to avoid the use of a franchise tag, which would make Manning an unrestricted free agent after this season, and give Brees the same status after the 2011 season.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6783030/nfl-satisfy-tom-brady-antitrust-plaintiffs-seal-deal

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:03 am

Owners approve deal to end lockout; players balk

NFL owners chatted much of the day, polished off a couple of meals, then overwhelmingly approved a deal to end the lockout.

Only one problem: The players aren't ready to join them at the table just yet.

So America's most popular sport remains in labor limbo a bit longer.

The owners voted 31-0 Thursday for a decade-long deal to settle the impasse, but any giddiness among fans was quickly snuffed out. The players declined to vote on the proposal, at least right away, and a rash of Twitter messages left little doubt that plenty of work remains before there's any blocking and tackling.

"NFL players! Stay strong! We are still fighting for past, present and future players. We will vote when they give us something to vote on!" wrote Ryan Clark of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Added Robert Johnson of the Tennessee Titans: "Owners tried to pull a fast 1 on us making the fans believe it's because of US the players....Not this time buddy."

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/owners-approve-deal-to-end-lockout-players-balk/article_e2e33839-8f69-50a6-b22d-0494b5863b5f.html
--------------------------------------

Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2913999526

I disagree with Ryan Clark's comment. They DID give them something to vote on. Namely stuff that the players agreed to. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 294855916

And I disagree with Robert Johnson's comment. At this point, if there's no season, or a shortened season, it's ALL on the players. Period.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Agree Wally. This shit pisses me off. And now the NFLPA might want to sue the NFL for coercing them into forming a union. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 294855916 That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Just look at the fucking deal, decide if you like it or not and the vote on it! If you don't like it, make a counter offer and go from there....all this other crap is hogwash.

The players just don't seem like they're willing to bend one bit on any of this. They have to realize they're not going to get EVERYTHING they want. Not looking good for 2011 IMO. Thankfully for me, hockey has a very short offseason. Football just depresses me anymore.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

I'm a union member, and I've been through four contract negotiations and a strike. One thing I've learned is that you're not going to get everything you want. You just have to get the best deal possible. And I feel the players got that.

Hell, they agreed on all the big issues, and there were just a few minor things to sort out. It seems to me the players just got all butt hurt with how the owners handled things yesterday. I don't know enough about it to say whether the owners were right or wrong, but I think the players are being nothing but big babies.

And if the players think the fans are going to side with them now, they're delusional. We don't care who's right and who's wrong. We just want football. And the players are standing in the way of it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

And if the players think they're getting screwed, they should take a look at the contract my union ratified in April. A 10% pay cut (with furlough days and increased contributions to health care), lost vacation days, flex scheduling where they now can schedule us 40 hours over 6 days instead of 5, and a bunch of other smaller crap. Basically, all we got was fucked. And it's not just at my company. Look at what's happening to public unions in various states (whether you agree with it or not). And then you have both union and nonunion workers who are making less today than they were 10 years ago.

Nope, the players aren't going to get any sympathy from me, or a lot of other fans. They can compare themselves to slaves if they want ... I view them more as spoiled babies.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 am

I'm just sick of this stupid roller coaster ride. I almost don't care anymore. I was already pissed off at the rule changes and added time delays and all that other crap...now all this added soap opera lockout drama just pisses me off more.

And you're right, nobody is going to sympathize with the players on this. For average Americans, football is just a way to escape from their daily grind and relax for a few hours on Sunday, and they really don't want to hear sob stories about not having enough zero's at the end of their paychecks. Just a bunch of bs.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm getting the drizzled shits of the NFL now too. I was already getting sick of the pussification of the league by Goodell, now they are all showing their true greedy piggy-ass colors. Fuck them if they don't have a season or a shortened one. I've been looking for an excuse to get into hockey again anyway.

Anybody for "Penguins Xtreme"? Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3135543967

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm getting the drizzled shits of the NFL now too. I was already getting sick of the pussification of the league by Goodell, now they are all showing their true greedy piggy-ass colors. Fuck them if they don't have a season or a shortened one. I've been looking for an excuse to get into hockey again anyway.

I'd totally do it if I thought it would garner significant interest. The main Pens forum is filled with douchy assholes. HOF Boards is decent, but it's for all teams, not just the Pens. They steal everyone's thunder anywhere else though.

People actually search for the Steelers though.

Definitely get into hockey...you'll like it, they get to hit people, fight AND score. Plus Dan Bylsma is one cool kitten. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1797695198

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 pm

The NHL screwed themselves royally a few years ago when they went on strike. It took them years to get back in the swing of things with their fans.

Now the NFL is about to pole vault the NHL back in to a prominent fan position.

In this day in age, especially with the economy the way it is, fans aren't looking to spend their children's inheritance in order to watch games. The NHL teams have reasonable prices and offer a more fan friendly and family friendly environments.

The NFL could very well see themselves in a terrible situation when it comes to fans returning. Although they probably wouldn't hurt themselves too bad, there will probably be fans that come back quickly, there will be fans that relunctantly come back, and then fans that don't return at all.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:05 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I'd totally do it if I thought it would garner significant interest. The main Pens forum is filled with douchy assholes. HOF Boards is decent, but it's for all teams, not just the Pens. They steal everyone's thunder anywhere else though.

People actually search for the Steelers though.

Definitely get into hockey...you'll like it, they get to hit people, fight AND score. Plus Dan Bylsma is one cool kitten. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1797695198

I was into hockey a bit several years ago. It was just hard for me to keep up with and follow regularly. I'd probably almost have to get the full shits of NFL football and switch over fully to hockey. The wife would in all likelihood murder me in my sleep with a sharp kitchen implement if I were to take up 2 pro sports at the same time with as much interest and dedication. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1797695198

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 am

Well the lockout could be over as early as today, but the final agreement still needs approval:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820f4c7f/article/with-agreement-in-place-players-will-vote-once-document-is-completed?module=HP11_breaking_news

Well my fellow fans be prepared to take it up the arse, because the owners and players need more money! I've always taken the position that the only people that get screwed in the end of these things is us THE FANS!

I still have a feeling of disinterest in this season!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Roger Goodell: 'Football is back'   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Updated: July 25, 2011, 2:56 PM ET
Roger Goodell: 'Football is back'
ESPN.com news services

The NFL and its players association agreed to a settlement to end its 4½-month lockout on Monday. The NFLPA executive committee and 32 team reps voted unanimously to approve the terms of the deal, which was signed by both sides Monday.

"It's been a long time coming. Football is back and that's great news for everybody," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a joint news conference with NFLPA leader DeMaurice Smith outside the NFLPA's headquarters in Washington.

Earlier, Smith stepped outside of the group's headquarters in Washington at about 2 p.m. to announce that players approved the pact.

"I know it has been a very long process since the day we stood here that night in March," Smith said. "But our guys stood together when nobody thought we would. And football is back because of it."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6799301/nflpa-oks-deal-roger-goodell-says-football-back

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3056903510 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 792589548 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 230572241 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 184121345 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1647293567 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1372836603 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2196231899 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 485614191 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 98245350 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 312048480 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 59467727 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 730413182 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3657739657 :slayer: Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1645253483 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2185032793 :monkey2: Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2063091802 Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 233788758

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Goodell still sucks!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Well....I'll watch dammit. But I'm still salty. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 131212936

They're just lucky I like wasting time on Sundays.

Or else.

Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1797695198

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:15 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Well....I'll watch dammit. But I'm still salty. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 131212936

Or else.

Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1797695198

You should have flat out infracted Goodell a long time ago!!! I think you failed us on this one Mom!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:

Me too.... but not as much as I like wasting bandwidth everyday. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Great ... looks like I have to cancel my Sunday afternoon basket-weaving classes. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3201610882

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Great ... looks like I have to cancel my Sunday afternoon basket-weaving classes. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 3201610882

Basket weaving?!? Your time would have been much better spent on taste bud refurbishment surgery. Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 1664291743

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Try directional improvement 101!!!!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:30 am

The better question is: what is going to happen to this thread? Trashed or archived?

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
The better question is: what is going to happen to this thread? Trashed or archived?

Buddha will Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 2967646000 all over it and that'll surely trash it.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official NFL lockout thread   Official NFL lockout thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official NFL lockout thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3