Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRyan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 am

Steelers-Broncos matchup to watch: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas
September 9, 2012 12:21 am
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

One of the primary reasons the Steelers finished with the No. 1 ranked pass defense in the National Football League last season was because of a dearth of big plays.

They allowed only two passes of 40 yards or longer and just 34 passes of 20 yards or longer -- both league lows -- in 16 games of the regular season.

But, during one afternoon in Denver, that all changed. And in a big and damaging way.

The Steelers allowed five pass plays of 30 yards or longer, including four of 40 yards or longer.

Three of those were by wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who caught passes of 51, 58 and 80 yards against cornerback Ike Taylor -- the latter coming just 11 seconds into overtime to end the Steelers season in a sudden and stunning hurry.

Thomas, who had 32 catches for 551 yards in the regular season, finished with four catches for 204 yards. That they came on throws by Tim Tebow, who averaged fewer passing yards per game (123.5) than any NFL quarterback in 2011, made it even more surprising. It would have been more understandable if it were the Broncos' new quarterback -- Peyton Manning.

"We executed well -- that's what this game comes down to," Broncos coach John Fox said. "Whoever executes best is going to win. They're a different team. It's going to bring up all the different matchup issues and different styles than last time. So, I'm not sure that has a lot of bearing."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-broncos-matchup-to-watch-ryan-mundy-vs-demaryius-thomas-652539/#ixzz25yf7t8GJ

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 am

I hope to hell he and Ike do a better job of covering him tonight than last year in the playoffs. Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas 1505004552

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:28 am

Steelers couldn't cover no one Sunday night. Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 am

Steelers defense lost the game. No question.

Next week it is.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am

Anyone see the Troy arm tackle on Thomas? Looked like some type of jiu jitsu submission move. Of course Troy was the only one to show up on the defense, Ike as usual got roasted all night, and the D-line looked winded after the first series.

At least Ben and Heath look good. Well of course except for the pick 6 and missed TD. Let's say "Room for Improvement" cause Denver is going to be NASTY this year.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Anyone see the Troy arm tackle on Thomas? Looked like some type of jiu jitsu submission move. Of course Troy was the only one to show up on the defense, Ike as usual got roasted all night, and the D-line looked winded after the first series.

At least Ben and Heath look good. Well of course except for the pick 6 and missed TD. Let's say "Room for Improvement" cause Denver is going to be NASTY this year.

Yeah, Troy should contact Dana White about a UFC contract after he retires. I was waiting for him to lock in an arm bar and make him tap out after the takedown. Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas 1797695198

The entire secondary except Troy was pretty abysmal. Can somebody tell me why the hell our CBs NEVER look back for the ball? They always seem clueless as to when the ball is in the air and coming in their direction. Frustrating.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas   Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Mundy vs. Demaryius Thomas
Page 1 of 1