Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHarrison, Polamalu miss practice again Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again

Go down 
+5
lvsteelersfan
steelerdude15
tube517
effyou515
Buddha Bus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again Empty
PostSubject: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:02 pm

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, September 13, 2012, 5:21 p.m.

Steelers defensive stars James Harrison and Troy Polamalu have yet to practice this week, increasing the possibly that neither former NFL Defensive Player of the Year will play Sunday against the Jets at Heinz Field.

Coach Mike Tomlin generally requires a player to practice at least once if he is to play.

Harrison (knee) hasn’t had a full practice since Labor Day; Polamalu injured a calf Sunday night in Denver and sat out practices Wednesday and Thursday. Harrison refused to discuss his status, and Polamalu deferred questions about his health to Tomlin, who didn’t talk to reporters Thursday.

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said the defense is prepared if neither can play.

“We’ve played without him (Harrison) and Troy,” LeBeau said. “Our guys will have to step up and fill the vacancy (if neither can play).”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2576666-85/harrison-practice-polamalu-lebeau-week-defensive-neither-knee-roethlisberger-season?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz26ODzGgEg
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again 2605341373 Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again 2913999526 Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again 3945403183 :angrychimp:

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 pm

:mindblow: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again 1785565375 Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again 2913999526 seems half the teams injured haven't played two games.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:06 am

Not a good trend to start the season.

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 pm

The Jets may have some key players out as well. Revis and Dustin Keller may be out too.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Please tell me Revis is going to be out. We can't be the only team who has to play with major stars out. I think Ben will pick them apart if Revis is out. Our Oline will be intact again with the same starters from last week. They looked pretty good until Gilbert and Foster went down.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Like Steelerdude said, I've also heard Keller and Revis will be out.

Not only that, I've now heard reports that Harrison and Polamalu are playing.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

lvsteelersfan wrote:
Please tell me Revis is going to be out. We can't be the only team who has to play with major stars out. I think Ben will pick them apart if Revis is out. Our Oline will be intact again with the same starters from last week. They looked pretty good until Gilbert and Foster went down.

Yup, they're out.

Jets' Darrelle Revis (concussion) ruled out vs. Steelers
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Sept. 14, 2012 at 01:41 p.m.

The New York Jets' task Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers just got a lot tougher.

Breer: Circus? What circus?
The New York Jets have been painted as clowns, but Albert Breer writes that doesn't necessarily match reality. More ...
In a surprising development, Jets coach Rex Ryan announced at a news conference Friday that cornerback Darrelle Revis won't travel with the team and will miss Week 2.

Revis suffered a mild concussion last Sunday, and Ryan indicated the protocol involved in clearing concussed players led to the decision. With the team's defensive star sidelined, the Jets will turn to former first-round draft pick Kyle Wilson to fill the void.

"We have a lot of confidence in Kyle Wilson, obviously, he has to step up in a starter role which he's ready for," Ryan said. "It will be good to get (safety) Eric Smith back, we think he's ready to roll."

Smith will return to the lineup after missing Week 1 with injuries to his knee and hip.

"What we've always said, is the guys that are stepping up in this case, the guys who step up and replace a guy have to maintain that level, or even a little better," Ryan said. "In this case, we'll take a little less with the Darrelle Revis deal."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062140/article/jets-darrelle-revis-concussion-ruled-out-vs-steelers?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Like Steelerdude said, I've also heard Keller and Revis will be out.

Not only that, I've now heard reports that Harrison and Polamalu are playing.

Looks like I was misinformed.

Harrison, Polamalu likely out against Jets
By Ralph N. Paulk
Published: Friday, September 14, 2012, 3:24 p.m.

Linebacker James Harrison and safety Troy Polamalu missed practice Friday and are expected to sit out the home opener Sunday against the New York Jets at Heinz Field.

Harrison (left knee) and Polamalu (right calf) missed the entire week of practice and are listed as questionable to play. Both dodged questions Friday about their availability.

Polamalu said coach Mike Tomlin would decide whether he plays.

Harrison said he didn’t have to practice Friday to play Sunday but added it’s a good idea. Tomlin generally sits a player who doesn’t participate in Friday’s practice.

Harrison acknowledged he likely will miss his second straight game.

“There’s no need to try and hurry and rush yourself back and having to deal with an injury for the rest of the season instead of saying, ‘I’ll sit out for a few weeks and get healthy,’” Harrison said. “It’s too early in the season to go out there and actually do more damage.”

Harrison missed five games last season after suffering a fractured orbital bone against Houston in week 4. He missed another because of a suspension following an illegal hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2605155-85/harrison-polamalu-season-game-missed-practice-week-friday-jets-injury?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#ixzz26TcBJ03N
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:36 pm

sucks our guys are out but hopefully it will hurt the jets more having revis out. i used to like the jets but i cant stand the team they have now

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Bryan Thomas is also out for the Jets.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:31 am

it just means that we'll be a healthier team down the stretch

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:00 am

stlrtruck wrote:

In the meantime 0-2 isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:06 am

Mach1 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

In the meantime 0-2 isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Sadly, it isn't. No

The offense will definitely need to carry us this week.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again   Harrison, Polamalu miss practice again Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1