Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePost-Game Discussion  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Post-Game Discussion

Go down 
+5
Buddha Bus
steelersfan87
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Bays
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 am

bayz101 wrote:
(10:44) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short left to 17-M.Wallace.
(10:37) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short left to 17-M.Wallace.
(2:11) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep middle to 17-M.Wallace
(3:20) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep left to 17-M.Wallace (29-L.Hall).
(8:27) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right to 17-M.Wallace.
(6:10) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short right to 17-M.Wallace.

At least three of those are his fault, although I remember four of them being catch-able (Even if by miracle, he is one of the best in the NFL) and his last catch hitting the ground. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1797695198

I can't find anything on Brown, although I do recall one pass that was throw up and Brown wouldn't have been able to get his feet in if he was 6'11, although it may have been Brown.
From Steelers Depot:

Wallace did catch 8 passes for 52 yards in the game, but his back-to-back first-quarter drops are hard to ignore. While it would have been a tough catch on a deflected ball in the endzone by Leon Hall, making those types of catches is what can change a game. Wallace might have been charged with a third drop on the night, but there was not enough conclusive evidence via replay to overturn the call of a catch on the field.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10/steelers-winners-and-losers-week-7-bengals/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 am

I tend to agree that Wallace should have caught the slightly deflected ball in the end zone. It hit him right in the hands and if he wants the big time money, he has to make the tougher big time catches. Sorry, but that goes as a drop in my book when you're a team's #1 WR. It wasn't a circus catch we're talking about. Go borrow some Stick 'Um from the Chargers.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I tend to agree that Wallace should have caught the slightly deflected ball in the end zone. It hit him right in the hands and if he wants the big time money, he has to make the tougher big time catches. Sorry, but that goes as a drop in my book when you're a team's #1 WR. It wasn't a circus catch we're talking about. Go borrow some Stick 'Um from the Chargers.
The ball was "catchable" in terms of it being within Wallace's reach. But when a defender is that close to a receiver and deflects the ball, it doesn't give the receiver enough time to react. We've seen receivers make catches like that, but it's more luck than skill, one of those "Hey! Look what I found!!" catches. Scoring a drop for Wallace on that pass is like scoring an INT for the quarterback when a ball goes through a receiver's hands and is intercepted. Yeah, it gets scored as an INT, but it's really not the QBs fault; it's the receiver's fault. In this case, I guess you can score it a drop for Wallace, but I don't think that's a catch you expect a receiver to routinely make.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

From Kaboly:

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

#Steelers receivers have 11 dropped passes in 6 games

Quote :

Mike Wallace only 1 drop before last night

Quote :

@Blitzburgh412 3. TD one wasn't a drop. It was deflected. My opinion, I think somebody pays him quite nicely next year

All our receivers have had some drops this year. Wallace just happened to have 2 bad ones in the span of a few minutes, which draws more attention to him.

According to Kaboly, here's the number of drops this season:

Wallace (4)
Brown (2)
Sanders (1)

He scored that late pass a drop (third on the night, according to Kaboly). I'd argue that it was a bad pass and not a drop (just as Dodens said), so that would give him 3 drops on the season, compared to Brown's 2. Whether it's 3 or 4 on the season, it's not like he's dropping a ton more balls than Brown is. Wallace had a bad game. It happens.

I'm not trying to sugarcoat it ... he's not playing anywhere near the level he wanted paid for. But I think we need to keep it in perspective. For as good as he is, Brown still has only 1 touchdown this season. One day he might be elite, but he's not there yet. We still need Wallace. And we need him to play better than he did last night.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm

big money WRs catch those passes that a DB get a finger nail on the ball.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 pm

effyou515 wrote:

I agree to some extent but we look at the ball from a television the trajectory of the ball may be alot different to them then what we really see.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Big money receivers also catch that easy TD pass that Brown dropped a few weeks ago. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 2087824411

We saw Ike bounce back after struggling. I think we should wait and see what Wallace does in the next few games before we start gathering up the torches and pitchforks. If he continues to play like he did last night, I'll lead the charge myself.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:02 am

Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Big money receivers also catch that easy TD pass that Brown dropped a few weeks ago. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 2087824411

We saw Ike bounce back after struggling. I think we should wait and see what Wallace does in the next few games before we start gathering up the torches and pitchforks. If he continues to play like he did last night, I'll lead the charge myself.

I'm all for giving him an opportunity to redeem himself. However, this is the second (if not third) week in a row that his hands have been a detriment to our offense. I don't expect our WRs to catch everything but I do expect them to catch the easy ones - especially when you're slated as the #1 WR.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I'm all for giving him an opportunity to redeem himself. However, this is the second (if not third) week in a row that his hands have been a detriment to our offense. I don't expect our WRs to catch everything but I do expect them to catch the easy ones - especially when you're slated as the #1 WR.
Did you see Calvin Johnson drop an easy pass last night? It happens. And he's getting paid Calvin Johnson money. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1797695198 The only reason we're talking about this instead of Wallace's 8 receptions and his game-sealing sliding catch is because he had two bad drops in a row early in the game. Before those 2 drops, he had fewer drops than Brown on the season. He'll be fine. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 792589548

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:40 pm

We should just cut Wallace now and re-sign Plaxico Burress before it's too late. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 755331329 Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 611739232

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Everybody drops passes. Did anybody watch Calvin Johnson last night? Or, you know, AJ Green? Granted he doesn't HAVE the big money yet, but he will. Same with Victor Cruz, yet he had 3 drops in week 1, and he had like 16 last year and he wasn't a starter at the beginning of the year. I truly feel that far too much is being made of this.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Did Cruz, Megatron, or Green disappeared the second part of last season too? just wondering Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 2087824411

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

fer69 wrote:
Did Cruz, Megatron, or Green disappeared the second part of last season too? just wondering Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 2087824411

Two out of the three did in January. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Sir that was funny as hell Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1664291743

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Sir that was funny as hell Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1664291743

Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 4250924620 Why thank you, kind sir.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
We should just cut Wallace now and re-sign Plaxico Burress before it's too late. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 755331329 Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 611739232

I don't think it'd hurt Browns' performance any. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1797695198

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I don't think it'd hurt Browns' performance any. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1797695198

It could if something falls out of Plax's sweatpants and goes off in his direction. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 106674522

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

It could if something falls out of Plax's sweatpants and goes off in his direction. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 106674522

As long as nothing falls out of his hands, he's a worthy replacement. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 3798349058

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Everybody drops passes. Did anybody watch Calvin Johnson last night? Or, you know, AJ Green? Granted he doesn't HAVE the big money yet, but he will. Same with Victor Cruz, yet he had 3 drops in week 1, and he had like 16 last year and he wasn't a starter at the beginning of the year. I truly feel that far too much is being made of this.

Great points.

I mentioned Johnson's dropsies earlier. I completely forgot about the horrible game Cruz had in Week 1. His drops were even worse than Wallace's. And of course Green managed only one catch while being covered by Ike, who almost everyone (myself included) wanted benched after the Titans game. I'm sure the argument will be that Green was being double covered. While that's true, Wallace also consistently gets double covered and still gets open (which is remarkable since he supposedly can't run routes very well).

There's no excuse for Wallace's drops. He needs to focus. But right now, it's not an ongoing problem.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Exactly. While there's no excuse for dropping passes, it happens, and there's no reason to believe that this is a trend. Remember when Heath Miller dropped a pass last year against the Bengals and it got intercepted? Miller is too loved to ever be criticized, but he doesn't have automatic hands like everybody likes to mythologize.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Heath makes better catches than both Wallace and Brown. Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 1664291743

Anybody have the .GIF of his one-handed grab off the nubs of his fingers? Winning!

PostSubject: Re: Post-Game Discussion    Post-Game Discussion  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Game Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2