Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs Empty
PostSubject: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/report-byron-leftwich-suffered-two-fractured-ribs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Well, that certainly explains why he had trouble throwing the ball. Why the heck wasn't he pulled?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Maybe they didn't want to throw Batch in there without getting him REALLY warmed up. Figuring they'd have to use a reserved 4th QB if Batch went down?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Maybe they didn't want to throw Batch in there without getting him REALLY warmed up. Figuring they'd have to use a reserved 4th QB if Batch went down?

I honestly have no clue. All I know is that it was painful to watch. He had receivers open and was throwing the ball 5-10 yards in front of them. He just couldn't physically get it there.

And I don't know what's more painful to watch ... Lefty fighting through the pain of broken ribs and coming up short, or Steelers fans on message boards today giving Lefty crap for "sucking." Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Well, it's certainly not looking like the Steelers can win games without Ben and Brown. Time to bring in Batch. I don't care what some of these Steelers fans are saying. His nick should NOT be "Botch". He's been a reliable, good quarterback his entire career, and he's an even better person. Leftwich was injured on the second play of the game, and it was all downhill there, but i'm not entirely sure we'd survive the game with his throwing motion in the first place. Especially with the way the offensive line played.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/report-byron-leftwich-suffered-two-fractured-ribs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Well, that certainly explains why he had trouble throwing the ball. Why the heck wasn't he pulled?

Well that explains it. It was obvious to everybody (except Mike Tomlin, apparently Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs 2913999526 ) that Lefty was in considerable enough pain that it affected his throwing strength. I was yelling at the damned TV all through the 4th quarter for Tomlin to pull his ass and put Batch in.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Well, it's certainly not looking like the Steelers can win games without Ben and Brown. Time to bring in Batch. I don't care what some of these Steelers fans are saying. His nick should NOT be "Botch". He's been a reliable, good quarterback his entire career, and he's an even better person. Leftwich was injured on the second play of the game, and it was all downhill there, but i'm not entirely sure we'd survive the game with his throwing motion in the first place. Especially with the way the offensive line played.

His throwing motion is what it is. It works for him. The line was giving him time to throw, but he couldn't do it physically. If Lefty didn't get injured, we win that game.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Well that explains it. It was obvious to everybody (except Mike Tomlin, apparently Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs 2913999526 ) that Lefty was in considerable enough pain that it affected his throwing strength. I was yelling at the damned TV all through the 4th quarter for Tomlin to pull his ass and put Batch in.

You and me both.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs   Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Lefty suffered two fractured ribs
Page 1 of 1