Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland

Go down 
+2
solardave
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland Empty
PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 4, 2012, 1:54 PM EST

We’ve seen a lot of predictions that the Steelers will blow out the Broncos this weekend.

People making those predictions must not have watched Steelers-Browns last week. Pittsburgh is banged up, and they have had trouble pulling away from mediocre teams on the road. (Think 13-9 over Kansas City.)

Most importantly, Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t look like Ben Roethlisberger at the moment. Big Ben told Pittsburgh reporters Wednesday that he suffered a setback in his high ankle sprain against the Browns.

Roethlisberger was seen limping through the locker room Wednesday. Mark Koboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review noted wryly Ben’s limp happened right when Roethlisberger walked past an ESPN crew.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/ben-roethlisberger-suffered-setback-in-cleveland/

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 pm

SHOULDN'T have played.We were the 5th seed regardless.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:49 pm

solardave wrote:
SHOULDN'T have played.We were the 5th seed regardless.

Agreed. At the very least, Batch should have taken over in the second half. I really would like to see them sit Ben against the Broncos. Batch can handle them and it would force Arians to commit to a run game. We need Ben for Baltimore/New England.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:27 pm

what the fuck was tomlin thinking when he decided to keep ben in all 4qts Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 2672159185
i know batch can give us 13 points
this one is on tomlin Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 pm

fer69 wrote:
what the fuck was tomlin thinking when he decided to keep ben in all 4qts Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 2672159185
this one is on tomlin Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 2913999526

Yup.

I still feel confidant we can beat the Broncos with Ben, Batch, Dixon or even Hines at QB. Heck, I think we could beat Cinci or Houston with Batch at the helm. I just know we need a healthy Ben to have a snowball's chance in Hell of beating Baltimore or New England.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:26 pm

i have to disagree with you guys on this one. ben had to play that game. we have all seen how ben plays after a week off usually not that well. i dont think we would want to go into the playoff(even if its just the tebows) with him not playing for two weeks. the browns game was just to knock some rust off so he can go into the playoffs ready to go.

and no i would not want to go into the tebows game with batch starting

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Wanted the Steelers rest the hurt and play for the wild card starting with the 49ers game. If Pittsburgh did that Ben would almost be heeled up by now.

Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936 Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 131212936
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i have to disagree with you guys on this one. ben had to play that game. we have all seen how ben plays after a week off usually not that well. i dont think we would want to go into the playoff(even if its just the tebows) with him not playing for two weeks. the browns game was just to knock some rust off so he can go into the playoffs ready to go.

and no i would not want to go into the tebows game with batch starting

i also wanted ben to play but not the whole game maybe a half and then bring batch in
it wasn't worth playing him the whole game imo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:20 am

Quote :
Roethlisberger was seen limping through the locker room Wednesday. Mark Koboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review noted wryly Ben’s limp happened right when Roethlisberger walked past an ESPN crew.
I'll probably take shit for saying this but we know Ben has been called a drama queen, and I think there's at least a little truth to it. That's not to say he fakes injuries, but I think he definitely milks them sometimes. What's better than a hero? A superhero!!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:59 am

A day after Tomlin says Big Ben is OK, QB misses practice with sprained ankle

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Tomlin seem to be at odds over the extent of the quarterback's high ankle sprain and whether he came through the Cleveland game no worse for the wear.

Roethlisberger said Wednesday he had a setback Sunday in Cleveland. This came after Tomlin said Tuesday that he didn't have a setback and proclaimed his quarterback's ankle "OK."

Perhaps it's merely semantics, or a coach not wanting to give more information than required. This wouldn't be the first time Roethlisberger and his coach had a public difference of opinion over an injury. When Bill Cowher coached him, there were several, starting with the case of some broken toes in the 2004 AFC championship game.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12005/1201415-66-0.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1iZ4hJ6px
----------------------------------------------

Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland 3135543967

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:28 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
fer69 wrote:

Yup.

I still feel confidant we can beat the Broncos with Ben, Batch, Dixon or even Hines at QB. Heck, I think we could beat Cinci or Houston with Batch at the helm. I just know we need a healthy Ben to have a snowball's chance in Hell of beating Baltimore or New England.

Not only that but I think if Ben doesn't get rest so he can heal Batch is the better choice going forward this playoff run. As long as we hold onto the ball when we run we can beat Denver.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:22 pm

I figured you guys would jump all over my last comment saying I was FOS. OK maybe Ben is faking it. Maybe he had 2 bad games in a row just to sell it. Now we're in the playoffs and he starts lighting up everyone in our way.

I'd be like a pig in crap but I think it's to late not to play him whether he is hurt or not. If he is as bad as it looks we're stuck with him because it's obvious Tomlin thinks Ben at 50% is better than Batch and let's face it. He's been about 50%. He can't move out of the pocket. It would be different if we had a healthy,strong o-line but we all know we don't.

I'm not going to say TSIF because I've seen Ben play some great games when he was less than 100%. I hope to hell he lights everyone up who gets in our way. But it will take both sides and STs to be playing lights out to win it all in our present state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland   Ben Roethlisberger suffered setback in Cleveland Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1