Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLewis ready for attention  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Lewis ready for attention

Go down 
+5
Buddha Bus
steelersfan87
effyou515
Galax Steeler
Wallace108
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
I'm sorry, but you guys are clueless. McFadden deserves a lot more respect than he's given. Even in the 2010 season when he came back and the Steelers...you know...reached the Super Bowl...he allowed a high percentage of receptions, but his yards per target was still very respectable and he allowed minimal yards after catch. He also had 10 passes defensed and two interceptions and was strong in run support while adding two sacks and two forced fumbles. The only reason McFadden is gone now is because the team got younger by drafting new cornerbacks that proved their worth on special teams and McFadden's contract didn't justify not starting with the team's salary cap as it was. Is Keenan Lewis playing better than McFadden ever did? Probably, at least as good. But that's more of a compliment to Lewis than an admonishment of McFadden. And I normally don't say this, but this statement is flat out bullshit and ignorance, with a dash of selective memory: "His bad far outweighed his good and it fair to say that he wasn't really a good player for the bulk of his career."

Anyway, here's PFF paying Lewis some respect: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/21/analysis-notebook-week-11-2/

I sure am glad we have an omnipotent being such as yourself to enlighten us all around here, Dodens. Rolling Eyes

If he was as good as you claim, he'd be playing in the league somewhere right now, not sitting on his couch eating Doritos and watching Maury Povich. I tend to think my opinion has a bit of merit considering he's not in the league and was bumped, like Wallace said, for a guy who isn't even with the team any longer. None of the young guys had really established themselves enough to justify letting McFadden go. They were all green and unproven. Obviously the team felt McFadden's lackluster play wasn't up to snuff and showed him the door, period. I'm quite sure the front office of the Pittsburgh Steelers knows a bit more about player worth and production than you do.

I'm not sure why others' opinions seem to threaten you so much, Dodens. This site is intended for people to discuss their opinions. It's OK to disagree, but leave the unnecessary name-calling elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 am

shouldn't we be talking about Lewis and the fine job his been doing ? Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 2829330259

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:45 am

fer69 wrote:
shouldn't we be talking about Lewis and the fine job his been doing ? Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 2829330259
Yes, we've gotten way off topic.

I rolled my eyes when Lewis said during the preseason that he was going to make the Pro Bowl. It reminded me of Wallace's claim that he was going to get 2,000 yards. A player needs to have confidence in his ability, but there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. And I prefer that a player just shut up and play, especially a player who hasn't proved anything yet. But so far, Lewis has backed up his words. There's no chance of him making the Pro Bowl because he doesn't have the name recognition, but I don't care if he actually does make the Pro Bowl .... just as long as he PLAYS like a Pro Bowl player.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 am

Lewis has really stepped it up since the first few weeks of the season. His coverage is much better and hes not constantly getting burn. Even though he's not intercepting the ball, he's making plays by deflecting the ball. I can't remember seeing both our corners playing so well.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Quote :
I sure am glad we have an omnipotent being such as yourself to enlighten us all around here

Since you called out my number, You're quite welcome Buddha. Anytime I can help out, let me know Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 2474380249 I figured since Hines was gone, I may as well reveal my true identity and keep all of you guys straight.

Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
I sure am glad we have an omnipotent being such as yourself to enlighten us all around here

Since you called out my number, You're quite welcome Buddha. Anytime I can help out, let me know Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 2474380249 I figured since Hines was gone, I may as well reveal my true identity and keep all of you guys straight.
He said omnipotent, not incompetent. Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 3798349058 Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 1841364231

Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Quote :
He said omnipotent, not incompetent

Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 1691199312

Better watch it Wally -- look at what happened when the Rooney's released Hines..........

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
He said omnipotent, not incompetent

Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 1691199312

Better watch it Wally -- look at what happened when the Rooney's released Hines..........
Wait, are you trying to threaten me or excite me? I need to know how I should respond. Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 1890901109

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
I really like the play Lewis is showing he is playing like a true corner. I was thinking we would have to draft a corner early in the upcoming draft but know I am thinking we can use that pick somewhere else. Like maybe a safety or a good pass rusher. Keep up the good work Lewis.

You're right. Early on I was thinking letting Gay go was a mistake but Lewis is doing a great job. I think a safety would be a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:39 am

solardave wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
I really like the play Lewis is showing he is playing like a true corner. I was thinking we would have to draft a corner early in the upcoming draft but know I am thinking we can use that pick somewhere else. Like maybe a safety or a good pass rusher. Keep up the good work Lewis.

You're right. Early on I was thinking letting Gay go was a mistake but Lewis is doing a great job. I think a safety would be a good choice.

Definitely more of a priority for safety than cornerback at this point. It still wouldn't be a bad idea to grab one in the later rounds to try to polish. I'm also hoping C. Brown or C. Allen will step it up like Lewis has in the next year or two, then we won't need to worry about CB for awhile.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:48 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
Actually they were excellent in 2008 with Bryant McFadden and William Gay splitting time opposite Ike. Top of the league.
Without looking it up, could that be because of the pressure we were consistently getting on quarterbacks? It's hard for a QB to find open receivers when he's running for his life every play.

If memory serves me you are right Wally. Seems like Harrison and Woodley were in the zone that year. What you said about Lake not getting enough credit is an understatement. He's done a hell of a job since he came here. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lewis ready for attention    Lewis ready for attention  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lewis ready for attention
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2