Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Immaculate Perception Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Immaculate Perception

Go down 
+3
solardave
steelersfan87
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Immaculate Perception Empty
PostSubject: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Last week, a lot of fans were happy that the Ravens beat the Chargers. After losing to the Ravens and Browns, we had absolutely no hope of winning the division, so despite the Ravens gaining another game on us in the division, a Chargers loss helped our wild-card chances.

Fast forward one week. We beat the Ravens. They're 9-3. We're 7-5. There are four games left. Is it wrong to think we can still win the division?

We've got: Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, and Browns. All the games are at home except the Cowboys, and all games are winnable.

Ravens got: Redskins, Broncos, Giants, Bengals. The two easier games (Redskins and Bengals) are on the road. The two tougher games (Broncos and Giants) are at home. It's not a stretch to think that the Ravens could lose 2 or even 3 of those games.

Does anyone have tie breakers worked out if we finished tied with the Ravens? Obviously, we have to beat the Bengals and Browns, and the Ravens have to lose to the Bengals.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 am

The Ravens would have to lose three and the Steelers would have to win out. Steelers can only hope to tie the Ravens' division record (first tie breaker) while the Ravens have a non-conference loss (second tie breaker).

Their real chance was last week. If the officials didn't grant Ray Rice his stupid little mythical play and the Steelers didn't fumble 8 god damn times, both would be 8-4.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
The Ravens would have to lose three and the Steelers would have to win out. Steelers can only hope to tie the Ravens' division record (first tie breaker) while the Ravens have a non-conference loss (second tie breaker).

Their real chance was last week. If the officials didn't grant Ray Rice his stupid little mythical play and the Steelers didn't fumble 8 god damn times, both would be 8-4.
*sigh* Yep.

I feared that the Ravens would own the tie breaker. I was too lazy to look it up. Although a stretch, I don't think it's impossible that they could drop 3 games. Stranger things have happened.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am

While I'd love to see us win the division it wouldn't be even sweeter to go to Baltimore as a wildcard and whip their asses on the way to #7. Just sayin' The Immaculate Perception 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:06 am

Don't count us out. The Ravens have an extremely tough schedule ahead of them. and with how good our team rallied around Charlie, i'm sure we'll be hard to stop without Ben. There's no doubting we're better with him ( 1-3 w/o him) and having him back for the final games will be huge. We have a realistic chance at winning out, and the Ravens have a realistic chance of losing out.

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:03 am

We'll see...the past two years it seems the Rats own the tie breaker on us. It would be nice if they lost out and the Steelers won out, but I'm not holding my breath. Yeah, there's a statistical chance it could happens...but realistically, I doubt it.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 am

As of now the ratbirds are seeded 3rd, we are 6th. That would equate to a first round Wild Card game in Baltimore....

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

And Wally for playoff tie-breakers...

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Immaculate Perception 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Division up for grabs?    The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Ravens take on the Redskins in Washington this coming Sunday. Keep in mind the Skins' take on the Giants tonight. The Rats then head home to take on the Broncos, followed the next week by the Giants. They then travel to Cinci, and by that point, they could very well be on a 2 or 3 game losing streak. Thoughts?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Ravens take on the Redskins in Washington this coming Sunday. Keep in mind the Skins' take on the Giants tonight. The Rats then head home to take on the Broncos, followed the next week by the Giants. They then travel to Cinci, and by that point, they could very well be on a 2 or 3 game losing streak. Thoughts?

Bayz, I merged this with the Immaculate Perception thread. Both threads addressed the possibility of us still winning the division.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 pm

At this point I don't give a damn about the division. It would involve an almost impossible collapse by the Ravens and I don't see it happening.

It doesn't matter amyway. As I've stated before, if we get Ben and some of our other guys back 100%, I'll put this team up against any in the NFL right now. I'm not guaranteeing number 7, just saying this team is absolutely capable of it and the rest of the league knows it.

No one will be lining up to face the Steelers in the postseason. A full strength Pittsburgh Steelers team is the worst nightmare of any postseason opponent and they know it.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
At this point I don't give a damn about the division. It would involve an almost impossible collapse by the Ravens and I don't see it happening.

It doesn't matter amyway. As I've stated before, if we get Ben and some of our other guys back 100%, I'll put this team up against any in the NFL right now. I'm not guaranteeing number 7, just saying this team is absolutely capable of it and the rest of the league knows it.

No one will be lining up to face the Steelers in the postseason. A full strength Pittsburgh Steelers team is the worst nightmare of any postseason opponent and they know it.
All the talk always centers around Ben, and that's understandable. But do you really want to travel to Denver in a wild-card game and face Peyton Manning without Ryan Clark? If that happens, I'm not saying we can't win, but I'd prefer not to open up the playoffs in Denver without Clark again.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

All the talk always centers around Ben, and that's understandable. But do you really want to travel to Denver in a wild-card game and face Peyton Manning without Ryan Clark? If that happens, I'm not saying we can't win, but I'd prefer not to open up the playoffs in Denver without Clark again.

It wouldn't be ideal, but I feel that Mundy and Allen have gotten much better since that first game and have spent substantial time on the field at this point. That team probably worries me most out of the possible opponents, but I still think we can win with a healthy Ben and guys like Harrison, Woodley, and Polamalu at 100%.

C'mpn, Wally.... aren't you the eternal optimist? The Immaculate Perception 755331329

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

If I had to go to Denver without either Clark or Ben, i'd absolutely go without Clark. Our defensive depth is great, and it's improved from last year. Not that it matters, though, Clark CAN'T play in Denver anyway. I WOULD however dread heading to Denver without Timmons. I suppose it's all about depth, and I believe we can win without Clark, especially with Ben in the game. That doesn't mean Clark isn't the defensive leader, because I believe it's pretty clear that he IS.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm

WOW. Fuck me. Read that ass-backwards. Going to bed.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

I can't wait until my laptop charge cable gets here. The PS3 makes discussions almost impossible.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

If everyone is healthy, we can win in Denver without Clark. We're a better team than we we're in week one, and depth in the secondary is great.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Redskins just shut down the Giants and are now 1 game behind the Giants for the division lead. They've got a lot to play for next week when they host the Ravens.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:02 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Redskins just shut down the Giants and are now 1 game behind the Giants for the division lead. They've got a lot to play for next week when they host the Ravens.

The Immaculate Perception 1945926454

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 am

And not only did RGIII look good, their running game was comign to life last night.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Immaculate Perception 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am

Yeah, I say RG3 completely tears that defense apart...especially with Suggs out now.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

This is working out beautifully. Unless the Ravens pull off one of their miracle games, I think they're going to lose to the Redskins. Then they've got the Broncos. Denver won the West, but they'll still be playing for a first-round bye. So they'll have a lot to play for as well. Then the Ravens will face the Giants, who hopefully will be fighting for their playoff lives.

All we have to do is take care of our own business, and it's not impossible that we still can win the division. One home game is better than none.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Immaculate Perception   The Immaculate Perception Empty

Back to top Go down

The Immaculate Perception
Page 1 of 1