Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready Empty
PostSubject: Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready   Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 pm

By Alan Robinson
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 1:28 p.m.
Updated 17 minutes ago

Mike Tomlin’s message to Ben Roethlisberger: Show me you’re ready.

Roethlisberger, still healing from the rib and shoulder-related injuries that sidelined him the last three games, threw Monday and encouraged his coach with his progress.

But with an important game upcoming Sunday against the Chargers (4-8), the Steelers (7-5) apparently aren’t ready to wait all week to see if Roethlisberger can play for the first time since he was injured Nov. 12 against the Chiefs.

Roethlisberger will get an extensive look Wednesday in practice but, if he shows he is still not close to being game ready, the Steelers will give most of their practice week work to backup Charlie Batch.

At his weekly news conference Tuesday, Tomlin said Batch is being prepared to start Sunday. Batch played the last two games, throwing three interceptions in a 20-14 loss to the Browns before rebounding to lead the Steelers past the Ravens 23-20 on Sunday.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3068836-85/week-ready-roethlisberger-sunday-tomlin-games-practice-batch-early-steelers#ixzz2E7Amasth
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready   Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

If Ben is healthy and can play, he should play. But I don't want to see him rushed back like he was last season. I still believe that rushing him back cost us the division title. Everyone now sees that we can with Batch. I never bought into the belief that Ben at 80 percent gives us a better chance to win than Batch does. I want Ben back 100 percent heading into the playoffs. Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready 3056903510

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready   Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Maybe Tomlin learned his lesson when he left Lefty in the first ratbird game too long and it cost us.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready   Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Quote :
Alan Robinson ‏@arobinson_Trib
It's been 3 weeks-plus since Roethlisberger was hurt. Improvement expected. But a huge step from being nowhere close to game ready in 1 wk.

Quote :
Alan Robinson ‏@arobinson_Trib
Not as convinced as others that Roethlisberger is likely to play. Don't think #steelers will linger if he can't show Wed he's not close.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready   Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm

As I said, Chargers can't make the playoffs. They have nothing to fight for. Throw Charlie in if Ben isn't 80%. Sorry Wally, a sprained shoulder won't be fully healed until the end of this month at LEAST. He won't be at 100% until then. Once he has enough strength to throw it 40 yards, he's ready. Wednesday will tell.

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready   Tomlin: Roethlisberger must prove he’s ready Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1