Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger ready to restructure Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger ready to restructure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Roethlisberger ready to restructure Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:42 pm

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/2011/07/30/roethlisberger-willing-to-restructure/

Ben Roethlisberger made it known yesterday that he is ready and willing to restructure his contract to lower his cap number this year. He is just waiting for someone to ask him to do it. He is ready to get it done now. Roethlisberger is due over $15 million this season and with 6 years left on his deal there is plenty of room to spread all that money out over the length of the contract.

(click the link to read more)

Say what you want about the kid, but his mentality has always been the same...WIN! Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3056903510

And now he's putting his mouth, where his money is. Give up some, to up the SB Count! All out TEAM PLAYER!!!Roethlisberger ready to restructure 792589548

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Great news to hear. I'm glad he has his eye on the prize. Sadly, so many of today's pro athletes don't anymore.

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Good news. Didn't think he wouldn't want to do it. Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3056903510

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Looks like both Roethlisberger and Harrison have restructured their contracts:

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/29633-big-ben-harrison-restructure-deals

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
siss
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:18 am

What a jerk! [/sarcasm]

Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3562723908 Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3562723908 Roethlisberger ready to restructure 792589548

I smell another Lombardi!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 am

siss wrote:
What a jerk! [/sarcasm]

Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3562723908 Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3562723908 Roethlisberger ready to restructure 792589548

I'm not sure about Lombardis, but you can certainly smell a Big Ben thread. Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
siss
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:32 am

Wallace108 wrote:
siss wrote:
What a jerk! [/sarcasm]

I'm not sure about Lombardis, but you can certainly smell a Big Ben thread. Roethlisberger ready to restructure 3798349058

Its habit by now!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:48 am

siss wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
siss wrote:
What a jerk! [/sarcasm]

Its habit by now!
Habit? I think the legal definition is stalking. Roethlisberger ready to restructure 1664291743
-------------------

Regarding Ben restructuring his contract, my understanding is that he's getting paid the same amount of money. It's not like he's taking less money ... they just restructured how he gets paid to free up cap room. Roethlisberger ready to restructure 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:23 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Regarding Ben restructuring his contract, my understanding is that he's getting paid the same amount of money. It's not like he's taking less money ... they just restructured how he gets paid to free up cap room. Roethlisberger ready to restructure 2087824411

Yeah I think I read somewhere that his base salary is now 11.3 mil and it was 15.8 mil. I think some players wouldn't do it because the money gets put off until the next year or spread out a number of years in which the team could cut them before they make back whatever money they were initially suppose to get. But, I'm not sure if that's the problem or not as I know next to nothing about numbers (I can count to 6 though ;) ).

EDIT: That could be the problem for Ward, Hampton and other guys who could be gone after this year or whatever.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger ready to restructure   Roethlisberger ready to restructure Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger ready to restructure
Page 1 of 1