Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return

Go down 
+3
steelerdude15
stlrtruck
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 am

December 6, 2012 12:27 am
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers on Sunday appear ready to start their third different quarterback in four games.
Ben Roethlisberger Sr. looks ready to go.

Roethlisberger went through a full practice Wednesday for the first time since he left the Nov. 12 game against Kansas City with shoulder and rib injuries, and as long as there are no setbacks, he will make his first start in nearly a month against San Diego in Heinz Field.

"I thought it was a positive day for Ben," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said after practice. "He threw the ball around both vertically and horizontally. I thought the ball had good velocity, particularly in a few instances. It was positive. ... I saw him make the necessary throws.''

Roethlisberger became a father during his absence when Ben Jr. was born two weeks ago, and the Steelers stumbled to consecutive losses without him. Byron Leftwich started in a loss to Baltimore in which two of his ribs were broken. Charlie Batch started in a loss at Cleveland.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-has-good-practice-appears-ready-to-return-665143/#ixzz2EGL8pmEg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel so sorry for the rest of the NFL..... almost. Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 1945926454

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:00 am

There is a part of me that says let Charlie start this game, and only put in Ben if it's necessary. If Batch can lead us to another victory, it's one more week that Ben can heal and be more ready,and less beat up, for the playoffs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 am

I think it would be a wise decision to let him sit at least one more week.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:00 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
There is a part of me that says let Charlie start this game, and only put in Ben if it's necessary. If Batch can lead us to another victory, it's one more week that Ben can heal and be more ready,and less beat up, for the playoffs.

steelerdude15 wrote:
I think it would be a wise decision to let him sit at least one more week.

I'm with you guys. I don't want Ben on the field unless he's 100 percent. We have three games left after San Diego, that's plenty of time for Ben to get back into the groove. We do need to win this game, so I'm OK with having Ben available in case Batch is totally bombing. But try to let him rest and heal one more week.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

No one is 100% this time a year, and Ben's shoulder won't be good until January. Start him Sunday. It's that simple. We need him in a rhythm for the Cowboys.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm

bayz101 wrote:
No one is 100% this time a year, and Ben's shoulder won't be good until January. Start him Sunday. It's that simple.

And yet with San Diego upcoming, and Charlie Batch more than capable of winning this game, one extra week of rest would do Roethlisberger some good. Especially considering we have the cowboys next who are also fighting for their playoff lives.

If Batch struggles, pull him, and let Ben take over.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:23 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
No one is 100% this time a year, and Ben's shoulder won't be good until January. Start him Sunday. It's that simple.

And yet with San Diego upcoming, and Charlie Batch more than capable of winning this game, one extra week of rest would do Roethlisberger some good. Especially considering we have the cowboys next who are also fighting for their playoff lives.

I can agree with that last line, but with Ben looking good in practice, his ability to preform should be good enough to go. Ben will need at least four more weeks of rest to be 100%. Not happening. Play him in SD if he's able to make throws.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 pm

bayz101 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

I can agree with that last line, but with Ben looking good in practice, his ability to preform should be good enough to go. Ben will need at least four more weeks of rest to be 100%. Not happening. Play him in SD if he's able to make throws.

He won't be 100% until training camp 2013 (maybe). But I'd rather him get 5% better or possibly 10% better over another week, than have risk further injury if we have the capable backup to win this game. I'd rather have him more ready for Dallas, than where he is now for San Diego.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:39 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

He won't be 100% until training camp 2013 (maybe). But I'd rather him get 5% better or possibly 10% better over another week, than have risk further injury if we have the capable backup to win this game. I'd rather have him more ready for Dallas, than where he is now for San Diego.

Well that's just the thing. If he's able to make short, medium and long throws, he WON'T get any better than that. If he can throw 40 yards by Friday, he'll start. The sprained shoulder soreness won't go away anyway. He can rest it all he wants, but as soon as he gets hit, the same pain will be back, and he'll play through it. If he's making throws this early in practice, I expect him to start Sunday. Batch gives us a chance to win, but if Ben's ready to play, we need to play him. We have to develop a rhythm with him at center before playoffs or winning with a backup will prove useless.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Ben's fine. Don't you guys know he's been perfectly healthy the past 4 weeks and has just been being a drama queen? Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Ben's fine. Don't you guys know he's been perfectly healthy the past 4 weeks and has just been being a drama queen? Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 2981382511

And having babys Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 1797695198

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

And having babys Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 1797695198

I had no idea he was even pregnant! affraid

Man, he is amazing! Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Roethlisberger threw it about 37 times today at practice. He threw it with good velocity on several instances, and Tomlin is beginning to sound like a guy running out of reasons to keep him on the sideline. Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 1797695198

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8717706/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-nearing-return

Sanders says he's still out of rhythm, and Ben experienced slight pain and tightness in his shoulder on occasion. Ben WON'T find a rhythm on the practice field, and he WILL experience pain in his shoulder for the rest of the season, and probably into the playoffs.

We need to get him on the field and work him into a rhythm so this offense will be red hot going into January. Ben will start Sunday granted there's no setbacks tomorrow.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 pm

It's official, Ben WILL start against the Chargers on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/276787747149189120

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm

bayz101 wrote:
It's official, Ben WILL start against the Chargers on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/276787747149189120

Good now lets go kick some Charger ass! Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return 2893009358

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm

good news
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return   Roethlisberger has good practice, appears ready to return Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1