Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCharlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013

Go down 
+3
Bays
Galax Steeler
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers QB Charlie Batch visits Ron Cook live on Super Bowl XLVII’s Radio Row. Charlie would love to be back on the field with the Steelers in 2013, though he realizes there may be plenty of changes before the season begins.

“I definitely want to play another year,” Batch tells Cook. “The body feels fresh. Right now, I don’t know what’s going to happen, but you have to figure at some point changes will be made….Not making the playoffs won’t be tolerated by the Rooneys much longer.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/steelers-qb-charlie-batch-wants-to-return-in-2013/

I'd love for Batch to come back, as long as they get rid of Lefty and bring in a young(er) QB to groom as the backup. I just really hope they don't bring back both Batch and Lefty. I really don't see it happening, but we've been saying that for about the past 3 years.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 pm

This is a touchy situation not sure how the quarterback situation will play out behind Ben. It would not surprise me if both Batch and Lefty are gone next year.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:28 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
This is a touchy situation not sure how the quarterback situation will play out behind Ben. It would not surprise me if both Batch and Lefty are gone next year.
I wouldn't get rid of both of them. I like the idea of having someone like Batch who we know can step in and get the job done, while also helping to groom a younger QB. I just wouldn't wanna have to depend on him long-term if Ben suffered a season-ending injury early in the season. I think it would be a mistake to bring in two inexperienced QBs to serve as backups. Look what happened to the Colts when Manning went down.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
I wouldn't get rid of both of them. I like the idea of having someone like Batch who we know can step in and get the job done, while also helping to groom a younger QB. I just wouldn't wanna have to depend on him long-term if Ben suffered a season-ending injury early in the season. I think it would be a mistake to bring in two inexperienced QBs to serve as backups. Look what happened to the Colts when Manning went down.

Why would you want to keep a quarterback like Batch he is not a Farve and play until he is 40. Batch is to fragile and is not our answer for a back up. I am sure you can find a more reliable quarterback in free agency this year.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Batch did well in Baltimore, but i'm sure the team played harder around him than they played all year long in that game. If the rest of the team isn't playing their hearts out, we probably lose big and Charlie's stats aren't as pretty. The reason we lost in Cleveland was turnovers, and not Charlie's fault.

When the team stepped up in Baltimore, Charlie got the W.

Please keep in mind Batch's pick should have lost the game if not for our defenses spectacular play.

If I had my choice, i'd bring in a Jerrod Johnson, release Leftwich and give Batch another year. If he isn't good in preseason, he's the third string guy.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Three word No Noooo And NoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 pm

Batch wins a big game and fans STILL hate him. Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 1797695198

Batch didn't win by himself in Baltimore. In fact, he barely pulled it off when the rest of the team was playing it's best, but did Byron pull it off? No. Batch was able to, and I don't believe another QB off the free-agent list will be able to offer what Batch has immediately available.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Batch wins a big game and fans STILL hate him. Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 1797695198
I'll never understand why a lot of fans don't like Batch. He's 6-3 in the games he's started. When he plays, he gives the team a chance to win. I'm not sure what more can be expected from a backup quarterback. If you look around the league, you won't find too many backups who are better than Batch. Would we better off with someone like Curtis Painter, Colt McCoy or Tyler Palko? All you have to do is look at the Colts last season to see what happens when a young, inexperienced quarterback has to step up and be the man.

Here's a question for anyone eager to see Batch released ... if we were in the hunt for a playoff spot, and we lost Ben for 4 games, who would you feel more comfortable with ... Batch or a young, inexperienced QB?

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 am

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
I'll never understand why a lot of fans don't like Batch. He's 6-3 in the games he's started. When he plays, he gives the team a chance to win. I'm not sure what more can be expected from a backup quarterback. If you look around the league, you won't find too many backups who are better than Batch. Would we better off with someone like Curtis Painter, Colt McCoy or Tyler Palko? All you have to do is look at the Colts last season to see what happens when a young, inexperienced quarterback has to step up and be the man.

Here's a question for anyone eager to see Batch released ... if we were in the hunt for a playoff spot, and we lost Ben for 4 games, who would you feel more comfortable with ... Batch or a young, inexperienced QB?

He don't have to be inexperienced we need to get one in free agency this year and draft one this year as well. Batch has played well over the years but for me I think it is time for him to move on. For most part he is a statue in the pocket. My point is we need to draft a young quarterback for the future. Look what Ben done for us when he was a inexperienced quarterback.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 am

Galax Steeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

He don't have to be inexperienced we need to get one in free agency this year and draft one this year as well. Batch has played well over the years but for me I think it is time for him to move on. For most part he is a statue in the pocket. My point is we need to draft a young quarterback for the future. Look what Ben done for us when he was a inexperienced quarterback.
We drafted Ben with the 11th pick in the draft. There's no way we're taking a QB with our first pick this year. If we do draft a QB, it will happen in the later rounds. And if needed, we can't expect him to perform like Ben did his rookie season. Sure, he could end up being the next Tom Brady. But more than likely, he'll end up being the next Brian St. Pierre or Dennis Dixon. Even if we get lucky and draft a QB with potential, it'll take him some time to learn. If Ben goes down early, it'll be nice having an experienced veteran like Batch available until the new guy is ready. You'll have a hard time convincing me that a rookie will give us a better chance to win than Batch. Now, as the new guy learns and improves, hopefully he'd eventually move ahead of Batch on the depth chart.

Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

We drafted Ben with the 11th pick in the draft. There's no way we're taking a QB with our first pick this year. If we do draft a QB, it will happen in the later rounds. And if needed, we can't expect him to perform like Ben did his rookie season. Sure, he could end up being the next Tom Brady. But more than likely, he'll end up being the next Brian St. Pierre or Dennis Dixon. Even if we get lucky and draft a QB with potential, it'll take him some time to learn. If Ben goes down early, it'll be nice having an experienced veteran like Batch available until the new guy is ready. You'll have a hard time convincing me that a rookie will give us a better chance to win than Batch. Now, as the new guy learns and improves, hopefully he'd eventually move ahead of Batch on the depth chart.

I understand that but we could get one in free agency that could take a hit and not have to be swept up off the field everytime he takes a hit. Batch is a one trick pony he can not move outside the pocket. When the pocket collapse he is done. I just think we could find a better back up then him.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 am

I'd like to see Batch stay on as a 3rd string option, and more in a position as a player-coach. There's something about Charlie's preparation that just strikes a chord with me. Not a bad one, but almost as if he's been doing this long enough that he could very well groom a new QB on the team. Help him learn the plays, help him off the field, etc. Certainly Ben is getting older and we'll need to find a replacement for him.

I'd prefer to be in the situation the Packers had with Aaron Rodgers where he sat the bench his first few years and was able to come in and take over the team, rather than the situation the Redskins, Colts, and Seahawks put themselves in having a rookie QB run the team. And I believe Batch as a 3rd string QB/coach would help that young QB progress at a better rate (just my opinion).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm

would like the Steelers get two young talented QBs to light a fire under Ben's ass.

won't happen but that is what i like to see.
Back to top Go down
exncite
Xtreme Newb
exncite

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm

I wouldn't mind having him around as a 3rd QB this year to help groom a back-up to Ben. I'd almost rather see him in a different role however. He is a really good person. Maybe a position should be created to baby-sit the entire team (officially) and deal with all the rookies like Ta'amu and Rainey and maybe even stupid stuff like Mendenhall's no-show attitude.

Just a thought.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:25 pm

exncite wrote:
I wouldn't mind having him around as a 3rd QB this year to help groom a back-up to Ben.
That's kind of what I'm thinking ....

Have him serve as an immediate backup in case Ben goes down early. And have him work with a younger backup, who hopefully moves ahead of him as the season goes on. I just don't like the idea of having two young, inexperienced QBs behind Ben. Even if they were to bring in another veteran, who could we bring in better than Batch?

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Is Gerard still playing? If he is, he could be a good backup IMO

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm

fer69 wrote:
Is Gerard still playing? If he is, he could be a good backup IMO
How is he an upgrade over Batch? He's only 4 years younger than Batch and hasn't played a game since 2010. Jacksonville released him before the start of the 2011 season. He didn't sign with anyone and decided to have surgery on a herniated disk and missed the entire season. He signed with the Dolphins last year but was released after having arthroscopic surgery. Forget Batch ... how is Garrard an upgrade over Leftwich? Lefty is even a year younger than Garrard.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Lefty broke his ribs while running and nobody touched him!!. So to say that Gerard, if he is healthy of course, (i didnt know he had all that those injuries btw)wouldn't be an upgrade is kind of foolish in my opinion. I wouldnt care if batch stays 1 more year but it'll be stupid to keep both as backups

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:16 pm

fer69 wrote:
Lefty broke his ribs while running and nobody touched him!!. So to say that Gerard, if he is healthy of course, (i didnt know he had all that those injuries btw)wouldn't be an upgrade is kind of foolish in my opinion. I wouldnt care if batch stays 1 more year but it'll be stupid to keep both as backups
Yeah, I completely agree with that. It would be foolish if they kept both. I'll be really shocked if they do.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:23 pm

By the way, based on some of what Colbert has said, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft QB in round one.

I'd probably disagree with it, but hey, my opinion doesn't mean shit to him. Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 pm

bayz101 wrote:
By the way, based on some of what Colbert has said, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft QB in round one.

I'd probably disagree with it, but hey, my opinion doesn't mean shit to him. Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 1797695198

I would be against a QB in this year's draft. I don't see one that makes an appealing statement to our franchise. But then again I haven't been paying much attention to the college boys this year.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013   Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlie Batch Wants To Return In 2013
Page 1 of 1