Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWarner: Haley good for Big Ben Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Warner: Haley good for Big Ben

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Warner: Haley good for Big Ben Empty
PostSubject: Warner: Haley good for Big Ben   Warner: Haley good for Big Ben EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:02 pm

By Alan Robinson

NEW ORLEANS — Kurt Warner is offering friendly advice to Ben Roethlisberger.

Warner knows Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley's system better than anyone. He ran it for two productive seasons, one that ended with a last-minute Super Bowl loss to the Steelers. He knows what makes it go.

Warner believes Roethlisberger can make it as much his offense as Warner did. All he needs is trust, a sense of entitlement and some inquisitiveness.

While Roethlisberger never fully wrapped is arms around Haley's controlled passing offense the way he did Bruce Arians' down-the-field system, he was on pace for his best season until getting hurt nine games in. Neither Roethlisberger nor the Steelers (8-8) were the same again.

“And then we have all these questions: Can the offense work? Well, we saw earlier in the year, from an offensive standpoint and having success, it can definitely work,” said Warner, now an NFL Network analyst. “But just like any offense, you have to have players buy into what you're doing and why you're doing it.”

To Warner, that's where Roethlisberger needs to take a stand: This offense isn't being forced on me; it's my offense.

Unlike a Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck, Roethlisberger isn't known as one whose handprints are all over the playbook. He will follow the game plan but, at times, prefers to rely on his instincts and improvisational ability.

“He came out at one point and said, ‘It's just a dink-and-dunk offense.' And maybe it is compared to what he had done,” Warner said. “But (he should ask), ‘Why are we doing this? How does this benefit me? How does this play to my strengths? If the offense didn't play to his strengths, I think it would be tough to ever buy in. But I do believe it plays to his strengths.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/3406657-74/warner-offense-roethlisberger#ixzz2JlJ4qbcf

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Warner: Haley good for Big Ben   Warner: Haley good for Big Ben EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 pm

this season Ben should be more compfy in Haley's offense.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Warner: Haley good for Big Ben   Warner: Haley good for Big Ben EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 pm

effyou515 wrote:
this season Ben should be more compfy in Haley's offense.
Let's hope so. Warner: Haley good for Big Ben 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Warner: Haley good for Big Ben   Warner: Haley good for Big Ben EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 am

Quote :
While Roethlisberger never fully wrapped is arms around Haley's controlled passing offense the way he did Bruce Arians' down-the-field system, he was on pace for his best season until getting hurt nine games in. Neither Roethlisberger nor the Steelers (8-8) were the same again.

This again is why we need to bring in a good back up to Ben instead of Batch. I know the offense is not the same without Ben but we need a capable quarterback to come in and at least run the team better then what he did.

PostSubject: Re: Warner: Haley good for Big Ben   Warner: Haley good for Big Ben Empty

Back to top Go down

Warner: Haley good for Big Ben
Page 1 of 1