Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHaley Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Haley

Go down 
+18
Stella Nation
kirklandrules
Master_Of_Puppets
stlrtruck
zcoop
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
vasteeler
jak341
fer69
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Jazzo
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
solardave
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 am

Ian Rappaport saying Haley may be gone:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Todd-Haley-may-not-be-back-with-Steelers-next-season-113707830
I think it's time. I just hope they don't even think about bringing BA (and crash Haley 2913999526 ) back.

At least we can ban crash.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:30 am

Oh boy... summoning the Crash again. Haley 611739232

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Our worst nightmare would be if they fire Haley and bring BA back. Good Lord crash would open a half dozen accounts.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:01 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Our worst nightmare would be if they fire Haley and bring BA back. Good Lord crash would open a half dozen accounts.

A half dozen, I believe that to be a gross underestimate. I would guess at least two dozen. Haley 1797695198

solardave

solardave

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

A half dozen, I believe that to be a gross underestimate. I would guess at least two dozen. Haley 1797695198

You're right. He might even hack his way into a Mod spot. Haley 2744185472 Then he'd ban us all and he could argue with himself. Haley 3798349058
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

You're right. He might even hack his way into a Mod spot. Haley 2744185472 Then he'd ban us all and he could argue with himself. Haley 3798349058

Haley 1645253483 Haley 1645253483 Haley 1645253483

effyou515

effyou515

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

the hell with hiring assistant coaches with past Steelers ties how about hiring Quality assistant coachers this time around. they might be losing the best quality assistant coach Munchak and Mann to retirement this off season.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Schefter tabs Randy Fichtner as Steelers' possible new OC   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 am

Randy Fichtner's name is already being mentioned as a possible replacement for Todd Haley.

On Monday morning, ESPN's Adam Schefter said that he would not be surprised to see Pittsburgh's quarterbacks coach replace Haley as the Steelers' offensive coordinator for the 2018 season. Haley does not have a new contract for next season.

The 54-year-old Fichtner has been in coaching since 1986. After 21 seasons at the collegiate level, Fichtner broke into the NFL as the Steelers' wide receivers coach in 2007, Mike Tomlin's first season as Pittsburgh's head coach. Fichtner was moved into his current role as quarterbacks coach in 2010.

Randy Fichtner has been a member of Pittsburgh's coaching staff since the 2007 season. (Photo: Getty)
During the 2017 season, Fichtner went from the coach's booth to the sideline, a move that some thought was an indication of Ben Roethlisberger's relationship with Haley, which was been reported as tenuous on several occasions. By all accounts, it seems that Fichtner and Big Ben have a very strong rapport, something that would certainly make him a strong candidate for the job as offensive coordinator if the Steelers decide to part with Haley.

Expect Tomlin to address Haley's future with the team during his season ending press conference that should take place later this week.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Adam-Schefter-tabs-Randy-Fichtner-as-the-Pittsburgh-Steelers-possible-new-offensive-coordinator-113731301

Wallace108

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 11:25 am

Everyone here should be sick at the thought of Haley getting kicked to the curb since, according to Crash, Steelers Depot and Steelers Xtreme are Haley apologists who do nothing but defend him at every turn. Haley 1656822811

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Omg. I forgot all about Crash
Haley 3562723908

Haley We_bel10
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Randy Fichtner's name is already being mentioned as a possible replacement for Todd Haley.

On Monday morning, ESPN's Adam Schefter said that he would not be surprised to see Pittsburgh's quarterbacks coach replace Haley as the Steelers' offensive coordinator for the 2018 season. Haley does not have a new contract for next season.

The 54-year-old Fichtner has been in coaching since 1986. After 21 seasons at the collegiate level, Fichtner broke into the NFL as the Steelers' wide receivers coach in 2007, Mike Tomlin's first season as Pittsburgh's head coach. Fichtner was moved into his current role as quarterbacks coach in 2010.

Randy Fichtner has been a member of Pittsburgh's coaching staff since the 2007 season. (Photo: Getty)
During the 2017 season, Fichtner went from the coach's booth to the sideline, a move that some thought was an indication of Ben Roethlisberger's relationship with Haley, which was been reported as tenuous on several occasions. By all accounts, it seems that Fichtner and Big Ben have a very strong rapport, something that would certainly make him a strong candidate for the job as offensive coordinator if the Steelers decide to part with Haley.

Expect Tomlin to address Haley's future with the team during his season ending press conference that should take place later this week.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Adam-Schefter-tabs-Randy-Fichtner-as-the-Pittsburgh-Steelers-possible-new-offensive-coordinator-113731301

Randy Fichtner had a really good spread offense as a OC at the college level Arkanses State and Memphis plus all the offenses language and playbook would stay the same him and Ben get a long.

then hire young up and coming QB coach

Last edited by effyou515 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because i can)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Omg.  I forgot all about Crash
Haley 3562723908

He still insists we banned him for criticizing Haley. As all of you know, different opinions are not welcome here. That's rule No. 1 ... If you don't agree with the mods and admins at all times, you will be banned. Haley 3102619762

Haley 4275664633

What's amusing is that from time to time he still calls SX out on Twitter for being Haley apologists. It's true that most members here defended Haley early on because we wanted to give him a chance. But over the last few seasons, there hasn't been much support for Haley here. If anything, I think most of us think he should be gone. And I know Crash still reads the forum, so I have no clue why he labels us as Haley apologists. Other than the fact that he has always had an unhealthy obsession with hating Haley. And he also has an unhealthy obsession with anyone who has ever said anything positive about Haley.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Haley should be the least of this teams concerns imo you put 42 points on probably the best D in the league and you still lost?!? I'm not saying he doesn't have to go but Butler and Tomlin need to go asap as well! Tomlin has had 10 yrs to implement his Tampa 2 D but he ain't done Shit and Butler? don't even get me started......I'm just gonna go get drunk!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 pm

fer69 wrote:
Haley should be the least of this teams concerns imo you put 42 points on probably the best D in the league and you still lost?!? I'm not saying he doesn't have to go but Butler and Tomlin need to go asap as well! Tomlin has had 10 yrs to implement his Tampa 2 D but he ain't done Shit and Butler? don't even get me started......I'm just gonna go get drunk!

actual the Steelers defense was starting to look good until Shaziers injury with Shazier the Tampa 2 / cover 2 is actually a cover 3 with the ablity he has to cover the middle zone not to much different then Dick Lebeau's cover 3 defense but with more flexibility. a cover 2 look that might be a cover 3 defense. imo a cover 2 defense is better with a 4-3 front with smaller faster 3 LBs.

one of the problems with the 2017 Steelers defense before the Shazier injury was the second ILB was to slow. Kronk exploited the Steelers man coverage defense without Shazier and a true free safety.

think Davis is a better SS then Mitchell and Mitchell really sucks a FS thought coach Lake would of coached up Burns more from year 1 to year 2 but think Mitchell and Gay were the bigger problems.

imo OLB Coach Porter is the weakest link on the defensive coaching staff not much improvement with Bud Dupree and little improvement with JJ Watt's pass rushing skills through the season.

Haley is a hardheaded non - creative in game play caller yes the Steelers offense scored points but with the talent they have on offense and some bone head play calls and play check offs for Ben they left a lot of points on the field in this game. as pointed out before with QB Coach Fichtner on the sidelines this year in the 2nd half of the season Ben really open up with his check downs and short passing game. with cagy veteran QB Ben, play caller Randy, and the offensive talent these 2 could become the mad scientists of offensive of football.

Ben LOL

Last edited by effyou515 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

effyou515 wrote:
fer69 wrote:

actual the Steelers defense was starting to look good until Shaziers injury with Shazier the Tampa 2 / cover 2 is actually a cover 3 with the ablity he has to cover the middle zone not to much different then Dick Lebeau's cover 3 defense but with more flexibility. a cover 2 look that might be a cover 3 defense. imo a cover 2 defense is better with a 4-3 front with smaller faster 3 LBs.

one of the problems with the 2017 Steelers defense before the Shazier injury was the second ILB was to slow. Kronk exploited the Steelers man coverage defense without Shazier and a true free safety.

think Davis is a better SS then Mitchell and Mitchell really sucks a FS thought coach Lake would of coached up Burns more from year 1 to year 2 but think Mitchell and Gay were the bigger problems.

imo OLB Coach Porter is the weakest link on the defensive coaching staff not much improvement with Bud Dupree and little improvement with JJ Watt's pass rushing skills through the season.

Haley is a hardheaded non - creative in game play caller yes the Steelers offense scored points but with the talent they have on offense they left a lot of points on the field in this game. as pointed out before with QB Coach Fichtner on the sidelines this year in the 2nd half of the season Ben really open up with his check downs and short passing game. with cagy veteran QB Ben, play caller Randy, and the offensive talent these 2 could become the made mad scientists of offensive of football.

Ben LOL

I think the D started out good, but was regressing before the Shazier injury. Before the O got things worked out, the D was holding teams to 14-17 points. They looked good, but something happened. Here is a nice chart showing some stats.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2017.htm

What happened after the bye week? Haden got injured, which let our pass numbers go up. The rush D was either fantastic, or awful. Very little middle. Shazier's injury definitely had an effect, but I don't think it was the sole reason for the fall apart at the end.

As for the O, it seems like we would not play the entire first half, and have to pass heavily in the second to come back. Ben had some nice numbers in there, but he shouldn't have had to.

Haley has to go; I am not a fan of the playcalling at times. I don't want Fichtner either. I want a new direction. Has Fichtner gotten a phone call for a OC position ever? There is probably a reason for this.

Last edited by jak341 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Crash lol, the butthurt is strong with that one. Mentioning us on Twitter. Nice to see we are living in his head.

vasteeler

vasteeler

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm still in Haley's corner. Butler on the other hand... See ya

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 11:19 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

Randy Fichtner had a really good spread offense as a OC at the college level Arkanses State and Memphis plus all the offenses language and playbook would stay the same him and Ben get a long.

then hire young up and coming QB coach

Ed Bouchette has an article at PPG saying Haley may not return and Ben wants to play " at least 3 more years"; so if he gets along well with this guy it might be a good idea. The article also goes onto give the idea that Ben and Haley do not get along and was a result in some problems like in the NE game. The only thing I don't like about a potential in house hire is that in working under Haley over the years it may be hard not to somewhat follow the path he's been seeing. I think a lot of times in business bringing someone fresh into a situation gives a better perspective how to get things done and change for the better.

Quote :
Ben Roethlisberger said publicly on Sunday he will return to play in the 2018 season. He has told teammates he wants to play at least another three.

The question now becomes, who will be the Steelers’ offensive coordinator in 2018 and beyond?

Todd Haley just finished the final year of his contract, and it is not common for a Steelers coordinator to return under those circumstances. They usually sign extensions before they enter that final year, unless there’s a reason not to. The last one who ended his contract without an extension was ushered into “retirement” so they could hire Haley.

It appears the same might happen to Haley that Bruce Arians experienced after the 2011 season, although no one would call this one a retirement.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/15/Ben-Roethlisberger-retirement-todd-Haley-offensive-coordinator-replacement-Randy-Fichtner-Mike-Tomlin-Jaguars-Patriots*/stories/201801150139
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Roethlisberger downplays feud with Todd Haley, indicates he wants OC to stay

A lot has been made in recent weeks about the supposed feud between Ben Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, but the quarterback indicated on Tuesday that the reports about the rift have been overblown.

In his weekly radio show on 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger gave a strong indication that he does not want the Steelers to part ways with Haley this offseason.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ben-roethlisberger-downplays-feud-with-todd-haley/421994

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Fuck Ben, obviously hes too dumb to see the coaches are the problem. Thats the change you need if you want to win another super bowl before you retire idiot
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Todd Haley’s contract with Steelers expires

Todd Haley‘s contract with the Steelers has expired, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. As Bouchette explains, the team does not typically allow a coach’s contract to lapse if they intend to keep him, so this could indeed be the end of his time as the Steelers’ offensive coordinator.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/todd_haleys_contract_with_steelers_expires/s1_14819_25467395?__twitter_impression=true

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm

He doesn’t want a new OC coming in bringing a new system. A new system would slow the O down for at least 6games so you can’t blame him for wanting to stay with certain things.

Stick Haley up in the box and burn the Bubble screen plays... lol
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He doesn’t want a new OC coming in bringing a new system. A new system would slow the O down for at least 6games so you can’t blame him for wanting to stay with certain things.

hire Randy Fichtner, he would offer continuity and Ben likes him.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:19 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Thats exactly what the Steelers keep doing, they expect different results and its the same shit over and over. Time for change
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

hire Randy Fichtner, he would offer continuity and Ben likes him.

With Ben near the end of his career, hiring someone he knows well (and who also knows the system) sure seems like the best option.

As much as we knock Crash, I have to give credit where it's due ... he's been screaming for Fichtner for years. It didn't make sense years ago, but I can't deny that it makes sense now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley Empty

Back to top Go down

Haley
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next