Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePolamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain Empty
PostSubject: Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain   Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 am

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Who was that player bouncing around in the Steelers defense early Saturday night at Heinz Field, jumping over linemen, disrupting the New York Giants' running game?

Troy Polamalu has been missing much of the past year and has had a quiet training camp. He made news just once this summer when coach Mike Tomlin reasoned that he gave his 32-year-old safety a day off because of a contusion to his birth certificate.

But that was vintage Polamalu in the early stages of the first exhibition game Saturday night, darting here and there at the line of scrimmage, making a pest of himself as the Giants struggled on the ground.

Yet all he wanted to talk about after New York's 18-13 victory was the mistake he made in coverage that allowed Victor Cruz to get deep for a 57-yard touchdown reception from Eli Manning.

"I was guessing," Polamalu said.

Cruz raced past cornerback William Gay down the middle and Polamalu came too late to his assignment, which was to pick him up deep.

"The good part, to be honest, is I know I can correct those mistakes," Polamalu said. "It's tough when you have to rely on other people to correct their mistakes. It's nice that I'm a weakness at this point

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-polamalu-looks-like-old-self-but-injury-questions-remain-698995/#ixzz2boo6B5f2

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain   Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm

I have cautious optism that he will make it through this season unharmed.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain   Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I have cautious optism that he will make it through this season unharmed.
I hope he has a good year this year. It would be nice to see him being considered for Defensive Player of the Year again.

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain   Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain Empty

Back to top Go down

Polamalu looks like old self, but injury questions remain
Page 1 of 1