Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAmerican Horror Story: Coven Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

American Horror Story: Coven

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

American Horror Story: Coven Empty
PostSubject: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:39 am

I'm so looking forward to the third season of American Horror Story. Unlike the first two seasons, the third season supposedly will incorporate a little humor and a slightly lighter tone. While that might help attract a wider audience, I hope it doesn't take away from what made the series great. Then again, even a lighter American Horror Story should still be plenty dark. A lot of the cast from the first two seasons will once again be returning, with the addition of Kathy Bates. American Horror Story: Coven 184121345 

For anyone who hasn't seen the first two seasons, each season is a new story, so you don't need to have seen the previous seasons. But why wouldn't you want to? American Horror Story: Coven 2087824411 

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:17 pm

I did not watch the first season but I did see last season. I enjoyed the show. I am anxious to see if it takes me awhile to get over the disconnects of the season 2 character vs. the season 3 character.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Weebs, you have to check out Season 1. I enjoyed it more than Season 2.

It doesn't take any time at all to get beyond the fact that it's a lot of the same actors and actresses playing different characters because the stories and characters are so different each season.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 am

Have you tuned into this season yet? I am not enjoying it as much as the last one.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:33 am

Whyant5 wrote:
Have you tuned into this season yet?  I am not enjoying it as much as the last one.
Yeah, it's definitely lacking the creepiness of the first two seasons. As noted earlier, they intended to lighten it up this season, and I think it has taken away from what made the show great. It still has dark elements, but something is missing. It seems more cheesy than dark. Hopefully it finds its groove in the next couple of episodes when the conflict starts.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:36 am

I liked the last one because of the multiple layers. Multiple stories. Multiple times where I'd be like WTF because it blew my mind, not because of ridiculousness. I think I'm also more interested in mental health stuff than witches. Witches just leave the door of possibilities too far open.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 am

There were a lot of elements last season as well ... mental illness, psychotic characters, demons, dark angels, possessed nuns, and even Nazis. American Horror Story: Coven 1664291743 

More than likely, we'll see as many elements this season as well, with the main focus on the witches' magic vs. voodoo.

I just want to see more of Lily Rabe's character. I loved her as the possessed nun last season, and I like her Stevie Nicks vibe this season.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 am

I still continue to watch this show... but I continue not to be into it as much as I was last year. I have one episode on the DVR that I need to tend to. I will admit the episode I last watch did pick up a bit.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:19 pm

I agree with you, Dubs ... it's been lacking compared with the first two. Although it has picked up a little over the past couple of episodes.

Still not enough Lily Rabe yet.

American Horror Story: Coven American-horror-story-lily-rabe

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

I am now up to date with it. I literally laughed at loud during a few points.

It just seems like a lot of different things haphazardly thrown together.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:39 am

I am most up to date now with the series.

The second to last episode (The Axeman Cometh) was pretty darn good and I really enjoyed it.

The one after it, not so much.

At this point I'm going to watch the rest of the series just the finish it out.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:33 am

I'm actually starting to enjoy it more than I did earlier in the season. Plus, based on the previews, it looks like we're finally going to get a good dose of Misty Day. American Horror Story: Coven 184121345 

It's not as good as the first two, but maybe that's because the novelty has worn off. Nothing they do shocks me anymore.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:51 am

Is anyone still watching AHS? If so, I am, too, so let's talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:44 am

Lady Steel wrote:
Is anyone still watching AHS?  If so, I am, too, so let's talk about it.  
Yep, still watching, but I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as the first two seasons. It's been getting more interesting, but last night's episode was possibly the worst of the season. What this show needs is more Misty Day.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Yep, still watching, but I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as the first two seasons. It's been getting more interesting, but last night's episode was possibly the worst of the season. What this show needs is more Misty Day.
I haven't seen it yet. Heck, I might be 2 behind. I'll stay away from this thread until I catch up. American Horror Story: Coven 2761542443 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Spoiler:

EDIT: Dubs, it's OK to read the above spoiler. It won't spoil anything about the show.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 am

Okay, we will wait until Whyant5 gets all caught up. American Horror Story: Coven 1735582540  American Horror Story: Coven 2899430319 
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:28 pm

I watched it last night (ironically). Yea, still not really digging it but I do enjoy the voodoo vs. witches and the witches vs. witches and the witch hunter (voodoo) vs. witches. Can't the witches just put out a spell so everybody loves them? American Horror Story: Coven 2087824411 

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 pm

So who does everyone think is the new Supreme?  I'm hoping it's Misty Day.  She's aaaawesome, and I'm a big Stevie Nicks fan.  But is being the new Supreme a good or bad thing?

I better hear this song at some point or I'll really be disappointed.

Here's a preview for tomorrow night's episode.  

American Horror Story 3x09 - Season 3 Episode 9 Preview/Promo "Head"

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:58 am

Lady Steel wrote:
So who does everyone think is the new Supreme?  I'm hoping it's Misty Day.  She's aaaawesome, and I'm a big Stevie Nicks fan.  But is being the new Supreme a good or bad thing?
I originally thought it might be Cordelia. Then I considered Misty, but all signs started pointing to the most obvious (but disappointing) choice ... Zoe. After the last episode (and the preview for Wednesday's episode), I think Misty is a smokescreen and it might still be Cordelia. Then again, this is American Horror Story and it might end up being someone we haven't even thought about ... like Queenie (who would return to the coven and save them).

In other words, I have no idea.  American Horror Story: Coven 1664291743 

If I had to choose right now, I'd say Cordelia.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:06 pm

American Horror Story doesn't return until January 8th, but check out the title of the episode.    American Horror Story: Coven 1647293567 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
American Horror Story doesn't return until January 8th, but check out the title of the episode.    American Horror Story: Coven 1647293567 

Spoiler:

The last episode took the show in a direction I didn't expect, and I like where it's going. The new promo looks sweet.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 pm

This episode was probably my favorite of the season. Stevie Nicks still looks great, and I loved that she made an appearance. I could listen to this song all day.

I am not, and I repeat, am NOT, happy with Madison tricking Misty Day, hitting her over the head with a brick, burying her alive in a mausoleum, and then taking Misty's prized possession of Stevie's shawl!    American Horror Story: Coven 2306309830  And where does that bitch get off calling Nan Mumbles the Clown?

I'm enjoying Fiona and Marie being in cahoots now, and Papa Legba's addition to the storyline is a surprising twist. Marie's backstory of having to give up her baby to Papa was heartbreaking in that she didn't know the high price she would have to pay for her immortality. Fiona conjuring up Papa with an offer of cocaine only to be told there would be no deal because she has no soul was pretty cool.

Cordelia's meltdown was fun, although Myrtle Snow playing the theremin was hurting my ears and getting on my last nerve. It was a funny scene, though.

I guess Luke won't be coming back from the dead since his crazy mama had him cremated. Poor Nan. She wanted his body so she could take him to Misty Day to work her magic. Oh well, I think crazy mama is probably dead for good this time. It was a nice touch by Nan having her drink the bleach to cleanse herself.

I missed Delphine's head this episode, but Kyle, not so much.

Only three more shows in this season.

Also, I think I read somewhere that Stevie Nicks is going to make another appearance on the show.  American Horror Story: Coven 1647293567 
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 am

I wasn't as taken with the episode as you were, LS.

I've always been a big fan of Stevie Nicks, but her appearance (not once, but twice) in the episode felt way too much like jumping the shark. I was okay with her music in episodes and Misty's fascination with her but, in my opinion, having her actually perform two songs in the episode took away from what American Horror Story is supposed to be. I don't know ... I felt like I tuned in to AHS and got Glee.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:19 am

I really didn't feel like I tuned into Glee, but I did find it odd that Stevie Nicks was a guest in their home and they pretty much left her there by herself all day.  How rude!    American Horror Story: Coven 312503953  Madison was off with Misty burying her alive, Nan and Zoe were killing the crazy neighbor lady, Cordelia was with Myrtle in the greenhouse having a meltdown, and Marie and Fiona were killing Nan and dealing with Papa.

Although I think it was a perfect ending to the show, it didn't make much sense in that I don't think Misty would have left Stevie's side the entire time she was visiting given that Stevie was her idol.

I have no idea what's up with Queenie.  Is she dead or not?    American Horror Story: Coven 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven Empty

Back to top Go down

American Horror Story: Coven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next