Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTerrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money Empty
PostSubject: Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money   Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 22, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT

When Terrell Suggs was drafted 10th overall by the Ravens in 2003, he thought it was great that Top 10 picks could get big contracts before ever playing a down in the NFL. He doesn’t think that anymore.

In an interview with Sports with Coleman on Fox 1370 Sports Radio in Baltimore, Suggs said he supports a rookie wage scale and hopes that’s a part of the next Collective Bargaining Agreement — even though he would have hated a rookie wage scale when he was a rookie.

“When I was coming in as a rookie I thought that was the biggest baloney I had ever heard,” Suggs said. “But now being a vet, being on the other side of the fence, and seeing the vets that have been in the league for years, have longevity and still haven’t reached that payday, I think it’s pretty unfair, and definitely the rookies should have to earn their money.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/22/terrell-suggs-rookies-should-have-to-earn-their-money/
-----------------

It's no surprise a player's view on this would correlate with where he's at in his career. I agree with Suggs' view now ... rookies should have to earn their money. There should be a rookie pay scale. Then after their first year (or second or third), they should have the option to negotiate.

Just because a player is a star in college doesn't mean he's going to pan out in the NFL. Teams should be able to see how they do before committing tons of money to them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money   Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 am

agreed

there are so many examples

j russell is the one that sticks out the most. how much money did he get to stink?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money   Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Maybe Suggs should also give back some of the money he stole a couple of seasons ago with his horrendous play right after signing his huge multi-year contract? Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money 2087824411 Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money   Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrell Suggs: Rookies should have to earn their money
Page 1 of 1