Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeOne Word  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 One Word

Go down 
+8
Wallace108
Lady Steel
fer69
Bays
Gotassman
Drizztbob
vasteeler
SteelersYak
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak


Posts : 6476
Join date : 2011-04-04

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: One Word    One Word  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 pm

I know the season isn't over, but pick one word to say how you feel about the 2013 Steelers season (thus far):

Mine is EXHAUSTED

The roller coaster ride that this season has been has taken a toll on my emotions.  From starting 0-4 and having to take the slander from non-Steelers fans, to the glimmers of hope, to the all-but-knockout punch that was last week; this season has exhausted me.

Don't get it twisted, I will be watching the next 3 games. I may have a little heavier heart and a little less emotion but I am a Steelers fan through thick, thin, and everything in between!  One Word  792589548 One Word  792589548 One Word  792589548 One Word  792589548 One Word  792589548 One Word  792589548 

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler


Posts : 4190
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:29 pm

frustrating

_________________
One Word  Vasign10

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob


Posts : 1353
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Baltimore

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:26 am

Exasperated.

_________________
Win, Lose, or Tie, I'm a Steeler fan until I DIE!!!
One Word  Drizz10
Back to top Go down
Gotassman
Xtreme Newb



Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-08-11

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Apprehensive!

As long as Tomlin remains the coach, we'll see the same (if not worse) next season.

The draft picks will be shit.

The preseason will be shit.

The 2014 season will be shit.

This is ALL on Tomlin, every single year it just gets worse as the former "Cowher" players retire.

I blame the Rooneys for sticking their collective heads in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays


Posts : 4842
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Tomlin still hasn't had a losing season as head coach. He's got a while to go before he's as low as Cowher. One Word  1797695198

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69


Posts : 2190
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : home dah!!!

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Bye.... Dick Lebeau

_________________
One Word  Fer6910

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel


Posts : 134
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Pennsylvania

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Everyone has really good responses except for fer69.  One Word  1797695198  I love Dick LeBeau!

My word to describe this season is: Disappointed

I had such high hopes for this season. I'm still keeping the faith as we still have a chance, but it's not lookin' good.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108


Posts : 18260
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 am

Lady Steel wrote:
My word to describe this season is:  Disappointed
You stole my word, LS.  One Word  2625562446 

But yeah, disappointed sums it up for me. At 0-4 and even 2-6, I believed this team would start clicking and be dangerous at the end of the year. We saw glimpses of what they were capable of, but not nearly enough. And the fact that they showed glimpses of being a good team that could possibly make a run makes this season even that much more disappointing.

_________________
One Word  Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck


Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Potential. At some point, we've been in every game, even the Patriots** game (remember we tied it at the end of the 3rd before giving up 31 unanswered points. The first four games were close, except the bears game that was a flippin' disaster. The games with W's next to them, are proof that this team can put it all together.

But in regards to the entire season, the team has not played up to it's potential. On that note, I believe that next year there will be some changes including Dick LeBeau's retirement (forced or not), and you'll see some young guys on defense, as well as an offensive unit that gets better, and prayerfully an offensive line that isn't subjective to the injury bug every week.

_________________
One Word  Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION One Word  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip


Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-01-07

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Expected

I said it the year we lost Hines, Farrior, and Smith. This team is a team in transition/rebuilding phase. I am not surprised by our season, and I don't foresee a seventh Lombardi next year, either. I hope I'm wrong, though!

It happened in the 70s/80s after the uber-Steelers won their fourth superbowl. The point is, is that it's ok. This happens to every team sooner or later.

I take solace in the fact that our ownership is the best in the league, and that they will build another championship team within 5 years.

_________________
One Word  Ginger10

One Word  We_bel10
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules


Posts : 1870
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Beer!!!!

... I'll need more  One Word  2196231899
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck


Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Beer!!!!

... I'll need more  One Word  2196231899

You might just want to go with the heavier stuff..

Patron
Captain
Jack
Jim
Johnny

_________________
One Word  Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION One Word  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6246
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:12 am

Sad. Because of where I live televised Steeler games are few for me. The ones I got to watch have been painful. Even the ones we won I found myself wondering in the fourth what we'd do to screw it up. What's sad is it's not like we don't have talent. We're just not playing as a team,there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to step up in a leadership role. I personally don't think a coaching change is needed but an attitude adjustment (AKA kick in the ass to all of our veterans). From what I've seen Timmons and Heyward are doing their jobs but not filling leadership roles. Neither is Troy or Ryan Clark. I'm having a hard time understanding not just this season because this really started last year.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck


Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 am

solardave wrote:
Sad. Because of where I live televised Steeler games are  few for me. The ones I got to watch have been painful. Even the ones we won I found myself wondering in the fourth what we'd do to screw it up. What's sad is it's not like we don't have talent. We're just not playing as a team,there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to step up in a leadership role. I personally don't think a coaching change is needed but  an attitude adjustment (AKA kick in the ass to all  of our veterans). From what I've seen Timmons and Heyward are doing their jobs but not filling leadership roles. Neither is Troy or Ryan Clark. I'm having a hard time understanding not just this season because this really started last year.

I agree. It's certainly not the talent, just no leadership and apparently no one wants the job either.

_________________
One Word  Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION One Word  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6246
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:46 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:
Sad. Because of where I live televised Steeler games are  few for me. The ones I got to watch have been painful. Even the ones we won I found myself wondering in the fourth what we'd do to screw it up. What's sad is it's not like we don't have talent. We're just not playing as a team,there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to step up in a leadership role. I personally don't think a coaching change is needed but  an attitude adjustment (AKA kick in the ass to all  of our veterans). From what I've seen Timmons and Heyward are doing their jobs but not filling leadership roles. Neither is Troy or Ryan Clark. I'm having a hard time understanding not just this season because this really started last year.

I agree.  It's certainly not the talent, just no leadership and apparently no one wants the job either.

For what these guys make, even on the low end I'd love to have the job. How about you truck? I couldn't play. But I could be a raw-raw kind of guy. One Word  1797695198 
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck


Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:30 am

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:
Sad. Because of where I live televised Steeler games are  few for me. The ones I got to watch have been painful. Even the ones we won I found myself wondering in the fourth what we'd do to screw it up. What's sad is it's not like we don't have talent. We're just not playing as a team,there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to step up in a leadership role. I personally don't think a coaching change is needed but  an attitude adjustment (AKA kick in the ass to all  of our veterans). From what I've seen Timmons and Heyward are doing their jobs but not filling leadership roles. Neither is Troy or Ryan Clark. I'm having a hard time understanding not just this season because this really started last year.

I agree.  It's certainly not the talent, just no leadership and apparently no one wants the job either.

For what these guys make, even on the low end I'd love to have the job. How about you truck? I couldn't play. But I could be a raw-raw kind of guy. One Word  1797695198 

I agree. Heck for half of what they make I certainly could go out on the field and be that kind of guy that people wonder where the hell I was all these years.

_________________
One Word  Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION One Word  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





One Word  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Word    One Word  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
One Word
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Don't say a word!
» So what's The word so far on Artie Burns?
» Spread the word ...
» Harrison agent: No word yet from Steelers
» One last word on Hines and the Rooney's

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: