Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDon't say a word! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Don't say a word!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 5:01 am

Now we know why no matter how bad the officiating is coaches rarely call them out in press conferences.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972507/article/nfl-fines-mike-tomlin-25k-for-criticism-of-officials

If they give these fines to charity like they say they do then the league and all the referees should be paying some serious fines for piss poor officiating.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 am

Pretty ridiculous how awful and universally hated this new "Roughing the Passer" penalty is and yet the NFL refuses to admit that it's wrong, and fines a coach who is on the competition committee for standing up and pointing it out.

They are literally doing everything in their power to make it nearly impossible to play good defense. Just look at how much scoring has gone up over the years. 30 points used to be somewhat of a rarity outside the upper echelon teams, and now it's like the norm.

Pretty bad when gaming companies are even making fun of the NFL for it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Pretty ridiculous how awful and universally hated this new "Roughing the Passer" penalty is and yet the NFL refuses to admit that it's wrong, and fines a coach who is on the competition committee for standing up and pointing it out.

They are literally doing everything in their power to make it nearly impossible to play good defense. Just look at how much scoring has gone up over the years. 30 points used to be somewhat of a rarity outside the upper echelon teams, and now it's like the norm.

Pretty bad when gaming companies are even making fun of the NFL for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if soon the defense has to count to 5 before they even start to rush and can't tackle a RB until he crosses the line. Don't say a word! 2913999526 Like Lambert said, put dresses on them.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 pm

I spoke that word, didn't know about the word, what word are we talking about?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:25 am

More ridiculousness...

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/t-j-watt-fined-for-low-hit-on-matt-ryan/

Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:51 am

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
More ridiculousness...

That is unbelievable. Talk about rubbing salt in a wound.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
More ridiculousness...

That is unbelievable. Talk about rubbing salt in a wound.

Literally pulls up and brushes Matt Ryan's leg. Did exactly what he was supposed to do. Didn't forcibly deliver a blow at all... $20,000 fine. Don't say a word! 1505004552

Hope everyone likes watching these high scoring games, because defense is becoming a thing of the past. I wouldn't want to play defense in the modern NFL, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Don't say a word! Giphy

solardave

solardave

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 5:52 am

DEFENSE! DEFENSE? YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT DEFENSE? I can understand protecting the QB but this is a whole new level of stupidity. Maybe when it costs a team the SB they might take a look at it. Roger Goodell's legacy will be that he RUINED the game.

I looked it up. Clay Mathews has had 3 called so far and I couldn't find a single fine. I'm not saying he should be because they were not violent hits. I'm just pointing out the blatant inconsistency that is today's NFL. And the hypocrisy is they will most likely be selling DVDs with this hits on them.

The NFL is becoming organized crime and Goodell is the Kingpin. Don't say a word! 2913999526
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:03 am

solardave wrote:
DEFENSE! DEFENSE? YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT DEFENSE? I can understand protecting the QB but this is a whole new level of stupidity. Maybe when it costs a team the SB they might take a look at it. Roger Goodell's legacy will be that he RUINED the game.

I looked it up. Clay Mathews has had 3 called so far and I couldn't find a single fine. I'm not saying he should be because they were not violent hits. I'm just pointing out the blatant inconsistency that is today's NFL. And the hypocrisy is they will most likely be selling DVDs with this hits on them.

The NFL is becoming organized crime and Goodell is the Kingpin. Don't say a word! 2913999526

That is flat out ridiculous that Matthews has three calls and no fine, while Watt got fined on his first one. Don't say a word! 2625562446

solardave

solardave

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:59 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

That is flat out ridiculous that Matthews has three calls and no fine, while Watt got fined on his first one. Don't say a word! 2625562446

Best "worst" ruffing the passer call so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcUnbWbW8i4
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Best "worst" ruffing the passer call so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcUnbWbW8i4

I love how Matt Ryan made sure he fell safely and was already in the process a Watt got to him. The pointing afterward, just the icing on the cake. Great acting performance.

effyou515

effyou515

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:07 am

I didn't see no ruffing the Quarterback. Don't say a word! 131212936

I watch this QB sack a few times a year and it always makes me chuckle. Don't say a word! 312503953

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:25 am

effyou515 wrote:
I didn't see no ruffing the Quarterback.  Don't say a word! 131212936

I watch this QB sack a few times a year and it always makes me chuckle. Don't say a word! 312503953

That's funny I don't care who the you are. Don't say a word! 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:01 pm

The state of sports today is complete nonsense. This has made its way to baseball too where they can't hit the catcher anymore or break up a double play at second. You can deal with that a little more than what the NFL has become though. I've never wanted to see people hurt but basic traditional football is hitting the other guy hard and preventing yardage. They worry about losing money because a QB gets hurt and isn't playing when they leave an NFL that is becoming unwatchable.

As fans we joke about it but where we're at right now is just short of flag football or 2 hand touch. There's not much more they can take away from hitting the QB and still allow tackling to go on. I don't have the exact quote, but Lambert had the quote about putting dresses on QBs, well it has reached that point.

effyou515

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
The state of sports today is complete nonsense. This has made its way to baseball too where they can't hit the catcher anymore or break up a double play at second. You can deal with that a little more than what the NFL has become though. I've never wanted to see people hurt but basic traditional football is hitting the other guy hard and preventing yardage. They worry about losing money because a QB gets hurt and isn't playing when they leave an NFL that is becoming unwatchable.  

As fans we joke about it but where we're at right now is just short of flag football or 2 hand touch. There's not much more they can take away from hitting the QB and still allow tackling to go on.  I don't have the exact quote, but Lambert had the quote about putting dresses on QBs, well it has reached that point.

remember when the player sliding into second base with spikes in the air as the defense tries to turn the double play.players make multi millions of dollars and the owners protecting their investments.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don't say a word! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't say a word!   Don't say a word! Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't say a word!
Page 1 of 1