Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger defends Haley — again Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger defends Haley — again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger defends Haley — again Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger defends Haley — again   Roethlisberger defends Haley — again EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:19 am

Quote :
By Alan Robinson

Ben Roethlisberger is going from offense to defense – yet again, he is defending Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Following the 34-28 loss Sunday to the Dolphins, Roethlisberger was asked why Le’Veon Bell was used sparingly as a running back in the second half. Bell touched the ball an equal amount of times in each half, but his primary role past halftime was as a receiver.

Roethlisberger responded by saying, “No idea. Coach Haley’s over there. You can ask him.”

The comments were like several made previously by the quarterback following games this season, and were interpreted by some as him being critical of the play-calling.

But Roethlisberger strongly denied that during his weekly 93.7 FM radio show Tuesday, saying he and the coordinator have an excellent relationship in an offense that he said is working. The Steelers are No. 16 in the league offensively.

“It was taken way out of context. There is absolutely no issue between coach
Haley and I,” Roethlisberger said on the radio show. “I love where this offense is right now.”

He added, “No way, shape or form was it directed negatively at him. I think the offense is as good as it’s been in a long time. We’ve got guys doing some great things. I genuinely am enjoying this offense and what coach Haley is doing with it and where we’re going. We’re getting better every week, and I think we can keep getting better.”

Roethlisberger said he made the remarks because Haley was calling the plays, except when he was doing so in the no-huddle formation.

“He’s our coordinator, if you want to ask questions about play calling, go ask him about it,” Roethlisberger said, explaining his post-game remarks. “He’s the guy that calls the plays. If you want to ask me about the no-huddle and I’m calling them, then you can ask me.’”

Read more: http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/12/10/robinson-roethlisberger-defends-haley-again/#ixzz2n9FaK000

I found a few of Ben's comments rather interesting, namely these:

"I love where this offense is right now."
"I think the offense is as good as it’s been in a long time."
"I genuinely am enjoying this offense and what coach Haley is doing with it and where we’re going."

I heard the interview with Ben, and he sounded genuinely pissed that people were saying that he was taking a shot at Haley. Based on his comments and tone, it supports something I said back in November:

Wallace108 wrote:
Late in the Bills game, the camera showed Ben and Haley on the sideline. They were standing next to each other talking. And in that moment, a crazy thought entered my mind ... they look like two good friends standing around and just BSing. The image seemed odd considering what we know about last season and how poorly the team had been performing this season. It's hard to explain what I mean, but they both looked pleased, and they both looked comfortable with each other.

I'm convinced that the problems between them last season are gone. They're on the same page and things are starting to click. The offense is only going to get better, especially as the O-line and running game improve.

The majority of fans seem to think it's a slam dunk that Haley will be gone after the season (or at least he should be gone). I'm not so sure. I certainly wouldn't bet on it, but I think we'll lose a coordinator ... and it might not be Haley.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger defends Haley — again   Roethlisberger defends Haley — again EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

I think people want to continue to blow this relationship up because of the way it started. Maybe he did have an air of attitude about him when he answered the question, but still he's getting blasted for creating division (last year) with the offense, and now that he seems to be on the same page he's still getting blasted.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger defends Haley — again 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger defends Haley — again   Roethlisberger defends Haley — again EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I dunno. I really don't think Ben cares for Haley too much. It's all good when they're winning and Haley is letting Ben run the no-huddle, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger defends Haley — again   Roethlisberger defends Haley — again Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger defends Haley — again
Page 1 of 1