Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger silences critics on Haley Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:23 am

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined The Cook and Poni Show on Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan for the #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show, which airs every Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. during the Steelers season.

The Steelers are coming off a very convincing 43-23 win over the rival Baltimore Ravens. It’s the Steelers third straight win at home and has them right in the thick of the AFC race.

Roethlisberger followed up his record-setting day over the Indianapolis Colts with another 6 touchdown performance over the Ravens.

“A win is a win to me, that is all that matters. I don’t care what my stats are as long as we win the football game,” Roethlisberger said. “I did feel during the game I wasn’t playing my best football. I know the stats are one thing, but I felt like I left some plays out there. It was probably the adrenaline early, so I missed a couple of early throws, but I think we all calmed down, myself especially, as we moved on to the ladder parts of the game. I was a little disappointed. I just thought I could have played better

The Steelers offensive outburst over the past three games (scoring 124 points) may have silenced those fans and members of the media who were calling for offensive coordinator Todd Haley to be fired.

I said it after last week and I will say it again this week. I thought he called a great game,” Roethlisberger said. “We’ve all worked well together. You look at things like taking ego off the table. The play right before the touchdown to Marcus, you know I go over to the sideline and he’s, ‘Hey, Ben what do you like here? What do you want to do?’ And I told him what play I wanted, and he said good let’s do it. To check his ego I think speaks volume to him and I’m just excited we can silence the critics a little bit, and like you say, get them off his back a little because we’ve been playing good games but he has been calling good games

Read: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/11/04/steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-it-feels-good-to-silence-the-critics/

Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:19 pm

There are gonna be some people that think BR7 needs to be put into a mental hospital for that one. Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley 1505004552

BR7 is stepping up as of late both on and off the field. I knew there was something brewing when I read the report about him getting hyped before the Colts game.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Quote :
"I said it after last week and I will say it again this week. I thought he called a great game,” Roethlisberger said. “We’ve all worked well together. You look at things like taking ego off the table. The play right before the touchdown to Marcus, you know I go over to the sideline and he’s, ‘Hey, Ben what do you like here? What do you want to do?’ And I told him what play I wanted, and he said good let’s do it. To check his ego I think speaks volume to him and I’m just excited we can silence the critics a little bit, and like you say, get them off his back a little because we’ve been playing good games but he has been calling good games."

I hate when the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Quote :
There are gonna be some people that think BR7 needs to be put into a mental hospital for that one.

Shocked Now who on earth could possibly think that? Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley 1797695198

Quote :
I hate when the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory

Hold on.....we don't know for sure if ArtII didn't, in fact, coerce him into saying that....

Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:15 am

Let's give credit here where it is due. The last 3 weeks Ben has played well, the offense is clicking and the protection is there (the Rats got to him but they have a pass rush). Him and Haley,Munchak and LeBeau ( for his pressure packages that got us the ball back all deserve credit along with Tomlin for getting these guys ready. I know we play the 1-8 Jets but this game should tell if we are for real.We have to win convincingly on the road against a team we should beat and not play down to there level.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:30 am

i have been a big haley supporter since the day he was hired. i had no doubt that the offense would be able to do what it has done the last few weeks. i just hope we can keep it up. Barring any injuries i see this offense getting even better.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:13 am

vasteeler wrote:
i have been a big haley supporter since the day he was hired. i had no doubt that the offense would be able to do what it has done the last few weeks.

I was really optimistic coming into the season, but doubt was creeping in.

I'm trying not to get too excited after just two games. I don't expect them to put up more than 40 points every game, but it would be nice to see some consistency. While today's game isn't huge in terms of the playoff picture, I think it's huge in determining if the past two weeks weren't just a fluke.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:36 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i have been a big haley supporter since the day he was hired. i had no doubt that the offense would be able to do what it has done the last few weeks. i just hope we can keep it up. Barring any injuries i see this offense getting even better.

so i was saying Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley 2913999526 Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley 2913999526

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:56 pm

We certainly went back to turtle shell play calling. Notice how the yards started piling up when BR7 opened it up? The trolls are going nuts on Twitter about this one and I expect some fallout in the media. Coaches better do damage control on this one.

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley   Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger silences critics on Haley
Page 1 of 1