Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers

Go down 
+3
Wallace108
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers Empty
PostSubject: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:43 pm

What the heck?  Now we are going to be thin at WR?

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/5478/sanders-out-cotchery-to-visit-panthers

PITTSBURGH -- Emmanuel Sanders’ strange saga is over.

The three-year, $18 million contract that Sanders signed with the Broncos, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Josina Anderson, became official after he passed a physical on Sunday afternoon.

Medical concerns over his feet are why the former Steelers wide receiver didn’t sign a longer deal and, according to NFL.com, some teams were none too happy with the negotiating tactics of his agent, Steve Weinberg.

All in all, however, Sanders made out pretty well, getting a deal that averages $6 million per year and rewards him if he stays healthy. He will also get a chance to put up good numbers while playing with quarterback Peyton Manning in Denver’s pass-happy offense.

The Steelers have more pressing concerns than how Sanders’ situation played out since they have very little in the way of experience behind Pro Bowl wide receiver Antonio Brown.

It seemed like a no-brainer that the Steelers would re-sign Jerricho Cotchery, who caught a career-best 10 touchdown passes last season and has said he wants to return to Pittsburgh.

But Cotchery will visit the Panthers on Monday, a source confimed to ESPN.com, and Carolina is desperate for wide receivers.

UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I think this has been one of the most active years for Steelers FA, at least key ones, departing from the black and gold.

Confirming the fact that the NFL has created their money league where the biggest concern isn't truly about winning more championships and getting a fist full of gold, instead a fist full of dollars will do.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Lance Moore will visit with the Steelers: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t5073-lance-moore-to-visit-steelers#72478

But I hope we keep Cotchery. At this stage in his career, I don't see Cotchery being an effective No. 2, but he's a proven No. 3. We know what he can do. I'd rather have a known commodity rather than bringing in an unknown (at least to us) like Moore.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Brown at 1, Wheaton at 2, Cotch at 3, Moye/Burress at 4. We have both of those guys, right?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
Brown at 1, Wheaton at 2, Cotch at 3, Moye/Burress at 4.   We have both of those guys, right?

I'd be surprised to see Burress on the roster next year. So if we lose Cotchery, that leaves us with Brown, Wheaton, and Moye from last year's roster. Plus, we still have Justin Brown, who showed a lot of potential. If we lose Cotchery, we're suddenly very thin and inexperienced at receiver.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm

I would be really sad if we lost Cotch.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:00 pm

I'd like to see Cotchery back in the black and gold. He accepted his role from day 1, and performed well in it. It'll be difficult to replace him (even if Moore signs) IMO, Moore would be a 2 guy, not a 3.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
Brown at 1, Wheaton at 2, Cotch at 3, Moye/Burress at 4.   We have both of those guys, right?

I like 1-2-&3 but I think Burress is old and it's over. i'd like to see what Weegie (I mean Moye) can do.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 pm

I've always liked Cotchery's hands and he is a reliable target, especially in the redzone. It would be foolish to let a guy like him go who has report with Ben and knows the system.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:08 pm

No deal with the Panthers yet.  UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers 1647293567 

Quote :
Report: Cotchery leaves Panthers visit without deal

Cotchery left his meeting with Carolina on Tuesday without a contract, The Charlotte Observer reports. The 10-year veteran wide receiver will choose between the Panthers and Steelers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334456/article/report-cotchery-leaves-panthers-visit-without-deal

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:26 pm

And there it is ...

Quote :
Jerricho Cotchery joins Panthers

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery has agreed to terms with the Carolina Panthers, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Terms were not immediately known.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10638992/carolina-panthers-add-veteran-wr-jerricho-cotchery

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Ohhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers 1505004552 

What happened to his "I've always envied the Steelers while with the Jets" and "this organization and town blows me away"?????????????????

I really liked Cotch. He helped bring leadership and stability to the locker room. Well this just sucks.

UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:47 pm

There's no question that the Steelers wanted him to return, but the Panthers are in even worse shape than we are with receivers and were able to make him an offer he obviously couldn't refuse.

I'm with ya, Ginger ... disappointed. After his visit ended with no contract, I thought we had a good shot at re-signing him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers   UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Cotchery signs with Panthers
Page 1 of 1