Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
mcg24
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mcg24

mcg24

The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 am

GET OFF ME NL CENTRAL! WE'RE IN FIRST PLACE ALL BY OURSELVES. THAT'S HOW WE DO BUSINESS AT HOME IN PITTSBURGH AIN'T THAT RIGHT BUCCOS? WE DON'T MESS AROUND AGAINST THE REDS!

CHARLIE ELECTRIC STUFF THROWS 5 INNINGS OF SCORELESS BALL AFTER HAVING TO ENDURE A COUPLE OF LONG RAIN DELAYS!

OH AND IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE ALL IN CAPS, CAUSE I'M ****ING SCREAMING AND I'M ****ING PUMPED!

TONY ****ING WATSON COMES THROUGH WITH 2 2/3 INNINGS OF AWESOME RELIEF WORK AND D CUTCH SHUTS DOWN THE REST OF THE INNING, THEN HAMMERTIME COMES IN IN THE 9TH AND DELIVERS WHAT ELSE???? THE HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DBACKS DELIVER AGAINST THE BREWERS TONIGHT AND THE CARDINALS DIDN'T PLAY, SO OUR BUCCOS ARE ALL BY THEMSELVES IN 1ST PLACE IN THE NL CENTRAL. THAT IS HOW WE ****ING DO IT PITTSBURGH. LET'S KEEP IT GOING. BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 am

mcg24 wrote:
GET OFF ME NL CENTRAL! WE'RE IN FIRST PLACE ALL BY OURSELVES. THAT'S HOW WE DO BUSINESS AT HOME IN PITTSBURGH AIN'T THAT RIGHT BUCCOS? WE DON'T MESS AROUND AGAINST THE REDS!

CHARLIE ELECTRIC STUFF THROWS 5 INNINGS OF SCORELESS BALL AFTER HAVING TO ENDURE A COUPLE OF LONG RAIN DELAYS!

OH AND IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE ALL IN CAPS, CAUSE I'M ****ING SCREAMING AND I'M ****ING PUMPED!

TONY ****ING WATSON COMES THROUGH WITH 2 2/3 INNINGS OF AWESOME RELIEF WORK AND D CUTCH SHUTS DOWN THE REST OF THE INNING, THEN HAMMERTIME COMES IN IN THE 9TH AND DELIVERS WHAT ELSE???? THE HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DBACKS DELIVER AGAINST THE BREWERS TONIGHT AND THE CARDINALS DIDN'T PLAY, SO OUR BUCCOS ARE ALL BY THEMSELVES IN 1ST PLACE IN THE NL CENTRAL. THAT IS HOW WE ****ING DO IT PITTSBURGH. LET'S KEEP IT GOING. BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
mcg24 wrote:

The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 1797695198

The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 929792854

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Pitching has been pretty good tonight. I hope we can pick it up hitting wise and score some more runs.
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 pm

TENACITY! THE BATTLIN BUCS WILL NOT QUIT!

18 straight scoreless innings against the best offensive team in the NL. Still not convinced about the Buccos pitching staff yet? Well then you're a moron. James McDonald STILL hasn't made it through seven innings yet this year, but 6 1/3 very effective innings were enough to get the job done. He got in a major jam in the seventh, loading the bases with two of the best Reds hitters at the plate.

Joe Beimel struck out Jay Bruce. One of the biggest strikeouts in PNC Park history. I know that sounds like a stretch....but take into consideration PNC Park's history....yeah, exactly.

Then comes Chris Resop. I was really dogging this guy earlier in the year, it seemed like he just couldn't figure it out in pressure situations. Boy has this guy come around. He gets Stubbs to bounce out to second base and then proceeds to pitch a scoreless 8th.

Hanrahan comes in the 9th. His velocity looked a little down early in the inning, he was only topping out at 96, LOL! He let 2 men on base, then his velocity started to come back up to the 98 range. Hanny nails yet another one down, and the Buccos win again.

The Bucs are receiving major nationwide attention now, as we should be. We no longer have to scoreboard watch other teams after the night is over to see if the Buccos will be in 2nd or 1st place. If the Buccos win, we KNOW they are in first. This team is so solid. Unbelievable that last year we got our 51st win exactly two months from now. What an improvement! What a team! What a city! I LOVE THE BUCCOS, LET'S RIDE THIS PITCHING STAFF ALL THE WAY TO THE POSTSEASON!

BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: I WAS A PIRATES FAN BEFORE IT WAS COOL   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Kruk and Larson and the ESPN gang have gone from giddy over the pirates sudden turnaround to throwing cold water on it, it seems.. .Everyone is pointing to statistics to explain why the pirates will not win the division... I'm not guaranteeing they ARE going to win it... But just remember -- statistics are what happened in the past.. And they aren't always useful in predicting the future of a team that is blossoming, and growing more confident each day.... That's what the 2011 Pirates are.... And oh, yeah -- it's not like we have the phillies and braves in our division.... the cardinals, brewers and reds are not on their level....
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Mr. Fukushita wrote:
Kruk and Larson and the ESPN gang have gone from giddy over the pirates sudden turnaround to throwing cold water on it, it seems.. .Everyone is pointing to statistics to explain why the pirates will not win the division... I'm not guaranteeing they ARE going to win it... But just remember -- statistics are what happened in the past.. And they aren't always useful in predicting the future of a team that is blossoming, and growing more confident each day.... That's what the 2011 Pirates are.... And oh, yeah -- it's not like we have the phillies and braves in our division.... the cardinals, brewers and reds are not on their level....

Well we have a very difficult time with the Brewers, but if the Bucs can change that around in the remaining games that we have with them, I think we'll win this division. The Bucs need to learn how to sweep teams too, taking 2/3 against teams is awesome, but we are only 2-7 when going for a series sweep. Next few series against the Cards, Braves, and Phillies are HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:36 pm

yes, beating the brewers on a regular basis is a huge hurdle that has yet to be cleared... that team has whupped on the bucs for a long time.. i'm going to pnc to see bucs-cards aug. 20... first trip down there this year...
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE series against the Cardinals kicking off tonight at 6:05 PM Central time. BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm

NEAL HUNTINGTON WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? Pedro Alvarez is tearing up triple A yet you continue to march Chase d'Arnaud out onto the field and he has been absolutely god awful so far. FIGURE IT OUT NEAL. We need bats, and that starts with bringing Pedro up.

The Pirates are down big to the Cardinals and are going to lose their third game in a row. Neal Huntington continues to sit on his ass and do something. I'm getting very frustrated because we are still in this division race but we are falling fast. FUCKING DO SOMETHING NEAL.

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:58 am

BUCS BABY, BUCS!!!!!

Huge win in front of a national audience today as the Bucs win game one of the four game set in Atlanta. We weren't ready to go right away, a two hour ran delay had me sitting nervously wondering if this one was gonna get called off....but nope, we played, AND WE DELIVERED!!!!

The Buccos just play Bucco baseball, they squeeze out a few small ball runs and just shut down the opponent the rest of the way. J MAC fanned NINE Braves through 5 1/3 innings. Yeah, he REALLY needs to find a way to go deeper into ball games, but he was still very good. From there on out, the bullpen was lights out except for a harmless solo shot that D Cutch gave up to Chipper Jones. Pedro Alvarez went 1/3 with a walk on his return back. He didn't look bad. Although the Braves only hit ONE ground ball the entire game, and it was to Alvarez, who booted it. Oh well, he'll come around.

We are getting sooooooo close to the trade deadline I can feel it. By Sunday at midnight we will know what kind of help our Buccos are going to get as we come down the final stretch of the season. There are new rumors floating out there every day. COME ON NEAL, JUST GET SOMEONE. OUR BUCCOS ARE DOING THEIR PART AND BATTLIN HARD, GET THEM SOME HELP. BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 am

I've been away from this thread for a while! Maybe it's because I was so frustrated with the Braves series, and that frustration carried into the Phillies series. Well, we got swept, and in our last seven games we are 2-5. Things could be better in the Steel City.

But help is on the way....

Derrek Lee was acquired yesterday from the Baltimore Orioles for next to nothing.

Ryan Ludwick was acquired today just minutes before the deadline from the San Diego Padres...again, for next to nothing.

Are these guys big time hitters? No. But they're upgrades. I'll take anything that Neal gives me at this point, and this is what he has given me. Lee sures up the first base position, Overbay just hasn't been cutting it.

Ludwick hasn't really been all that great this year, but then again, he has been hitting in Petco....Petco is the most difficult ballpark to hit in in the MLB. PNC is tough too, yes, but I do expect to see some improvement from him. And even if he doesn't improve, I still believe he is better than Matt Diaz, and he's certainly better than Garrett Jones.

All in all, the Pirates are really scuffling right now, but we have a chance to get things together. We've dropped 4.5 games back, but we also played two really tough opponents while the Brewers and the Cards BOTH got to play the Stros (without Pence, Bourn, & Keppinger), and the Cubs. We can get right back in this, C'MON BATTLIN BUCCOS!

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: the curse of jerry meals   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 pm

the pirates are 1-6 since that horrendous, ridiculous call in the bottom of the 19th inning last tuesday in Atlanta.... i'd hate to think that depressing moment was the beginning of the end of a promising season...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition   The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official "We're Over .500" Thread...Steelersxtreme Edition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2