Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMaurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault

Go down 
+3
Gingerchip
Bays
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault Empty
PostSubject: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 pm

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and his brother are accused of assaulting a man at a Miami nightclub.

The Miami Herald reports that Ricky Vasquez, a figure popular on the Miami social media scene, claims that Pouncey and his brother, Mike Pouncey who plays for the Dolphins, assaulted him at the nightclub Cameo.

Vasquez says the football-playing brothers and four bouncers attacked him and a female that tried to intervene.

Police tell the newspaper that they responded to the scene, but did not confirm if the Pouncey brothers were involved.

Vasquez Instagramed a picture of himself crying with a swollen face, after the alleged incident. By Saturday evening, the video had more than 1,100 likes on the social media site.

Pouncey so far does not appear to have addressed the accusations via social media or elsewhere.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/07/12/steelers-maurkice-pouncey-and-brother-accused-of-miami-nightclub-assault/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 294855916 Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 294855916 Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 294855916 

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 1:12 pm

I started to question Pouncey's character after the "free Hernandez" incident.

He may very well be innocent, but isn't his brother in some other kind of trouble?

I can't help but wonder about Pouncey and the company he keeps (or kept) (Hernandez, Rainey)

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
I started to question Pouncey's character after the "free Hernandez" incident.

I started questioning Pouncey's character after he was "happy" tweeting right after the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. They just lost the friggin' Super Bowl, and while Steelers fans (and other players) were devastated, he was tweeting like it was no big deal, like they just lost a meaningless preseason game. Everyone shrugged it off as youthful inexperience. But then we got his insensitive support of Hernandez. And now this. You're right, Ginger, he might be completely innocent. But much like Ben was doing before he settled down, even if he's doing nothing wrong, he's putting himself in questionable situations. Pouncey isn't a rookie anymore. He's a veteran player, and he needs to start acting like one, both on and off the field.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:30 am

Reserving judgement until more info is officially released.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:32 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Reserving judgement until more info is officially released.  

Me too to this extent. WE DON'T NEED THIS B.S.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:54 am

they are 2 douche bags, they wont be found guilty of this(the nightclub will cover it up) but douche bags just the same
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:55 pm

muncher wrote:
they are 2 douche bags, they wont be found guilty of this(the nightclub will cover it up) but douche bags just the same

First of all, welcome to SX, muncher. Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 230572241

Based on some of their actions, I think the Pouncey brothers are a little misguided, much like Ben used to be (see my above post), but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're douchebags. As others have pointed out, we don't know all the facts in this case yet. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I can't say that I agree with your assessment regarding the nightclub. How would the club be able to cover up the incident from a police investigation? If the police find that the Pounceys did anything wrong, then charges will be filed. If police find no evidence of wrongdoing, then no charges will be filed. I'm not sure why you think the club would be able to cover anything up.

Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
muncher wrote:

First of all, welcome to SX, muncher. Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 230572241

Based on some of their actions, I think the Pouncey brothers are a little misguided, much like Ben used to be (see my above post), but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're douchebags. As others have pointed out, we don't know all the facts in this case yet. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I can't say that I agree with your assessment regarding the nightclub. How would the club be able to cover up the incident from a police investigation? If the police find that the Pounceys did anything wrong, then charges will be filed. If police find no evidence of wrongdoing, then no charges will be filed. I'm not sure why you think the club would be able to cover anything up.

Thanks,
I just see the video tape disappearing if need be. Having 2 multimillionaire NFL stars frequent your nightclub would be reason enough to help cover up stuff.
The Pounceys have had a number of incidents that has led me to disliking them, not just this one accusation. I hope I am wrong, but I see future problems with this kid(mostly the Hernandez stuff)
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 pm

You are spot on regarding Pouncey needing to act like a vet/leader, Wally.

I'm hoping that he had no involvement in the nightclub altercation.  I'm also hoping the Rooney's straighten his ass out.  I'm also hoping that he isn't the thug I am beginning to think he is.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 am

muncher wrote:
I just see the video tape disappearing if need be. Having 2 multimillionaire NFL stars frequent your nightclub would be reason enough to help cover up stuff.

I doubt the owner of the club would risk charges (and his club) by tampering with evidence or impeding the investigation to protect the Pouncey brothers.

If the police can't find enough evidence to charge the Pouncey's with anything, I hope you don't automatically assume evidence was destroyed when there might not have been any evidence to begin with.

muncher wrote:
The Pounceys have had a number of incidents that has led me to disliking them, not just this one accusation. I hope I am wrong, but I see future problems with this kid(mostly the Hernandez stuff)

I'm not the biggest Maurkice fan either, mostly because of his tweets after the Super Bowl loss. And the Hernandez fiasco didn't help his cause. But a few indiscretions (and they were relatively minor) don't mean he's guilty of the new allegations. He might just be guilty of putting himself in a situation where he can be accused of something by someone looking to sue a couple of multimillionaire athletes. There's nothing wrong with disliking him, regardless of how this case turns out, but lets wait until all the facts come out before we convict him in the court of public opinion, especially when the only evidence so far is an accusation from a guy with something to gain.

EDIT:

Here's some new information:

Quote :
Pounceys vow to defend themselves against nightclub allegations

By The Tribune-Review

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and twin brother Mike threatened legal action Tuesday against a man accusing them of punching him at a Miami Beach nightclub Saturday.

Riquan James, 24, told the Miami Herald that, during the altercation, the Pounceys used slurs toward him and then one of them hit him.

An attorney for James, Niya Pickett, 32, and Brentley Williams, 24, said a lawsuit against the Pounceys would be filed this week. They have not talked to police.

The Pounceys were not named in a police report stemming from the incident.

“It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain,” the Pounceys' attorney, Jeff Ostrow, told the Herald. “Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6452619-74/pounceys-accuser-action#ixzz37bmiWoMW
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

So, James has not talked to police, but he already has a lawyer and a lawsuit will be filed this week. Also, the one witness who backs up his story and also got injured during the incident (and claims not to have known James before the incident) coincidentally has the same lawyer. Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 755331329

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552 Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552 

Who is to blame for this kind of crap? Social media. People will do anything and everything to get a little face time or get their name in print (not in something smart like an educational book but more like on TMZ).

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 4:09 am

It all goes back to being in the wrong place. If any celebrity and I don't care if they play in the NFL or star on our favorite sitcom, if they claim they want their "space" and many of them do then they shouldn't show up to places like popular night clubs showing their asses. There's a good chance I'm wrong about the last part but the fact is they were there for all to see and an easy target for a setup!
IMHO it's just asking for trouble.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Pouncey likely to be charged with Battery (Maurkice but not Mike)   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey will likely be charged with misdemeanor battery after his alleged role in a nightclub brawl in Miami last month, reports the Miami Herald.

According to the report, personal injury attorney Marwan Porter said police have indicated that Pouncey will face charges.

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1505004552 

Read more: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/08/pittsburgh-steelers-maurkice-pouncey

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 11:53 am

I was afraid of this. That dumb ass was prob on video. Great...42 million well spent on a suspension. Better hurry up and get Velasco back!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Quote :
Maurkice Pouncey won’t be charged with battery on Friday

Posted by Josh Alper

Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reported that Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey could be charged with misdemeanor battery as early as Friday as a result of his actions at a Miami nightclub on July 12.

Pouncey may be charged, but it won’t happen on Friday. That’s the word from State Attorney’s Office in Florida, which is charged with reviewing the evidence gathered by the Miami Beach police and determining the next course of action.

“I guarantee you there won’t be a charge today,” State Attorney’s Office spokesman Ed Griffith said, via the Herald. “We will be reviewing all of the evidence from the police, as well as any evidence presented by attorneys of the related parties.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/maurkice-pouncey-wont-be-charged-with-battery-on-friday/

If they're going to charge him, then charge him. If not, then move on. Every day brings us closer to the start of the season. I know authorities could give a crap less about the start of the season, but hey, we're Steelers fans and want this resolved one way or the other.  Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault 1735582540

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault   Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault Empty

Back to top Go down

Maurkice Pouncey And Brother Accused Of Miami Nightclub Assault
Page 1 of 1