Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTaking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
solardave
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend Empty
PostSubject: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 4:21 pm

So my brother who turns 50 on October 2nd got the reveal of his present last night.

My mom and dad provided the fundage to cover his plane ticket, share of the hotel, and his game ticket.

Me, and 2 friends are providing the necessary fundage for all his food & beverage from Friday through the end of game.

Looking forward to another great trip to Da 'Burgh.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Fare ye well Steelersxtreme. I'll be back some time next week to post about my experience (maybe).

Can't wait to get in to Da 'Burgh and enjoy the weekend of gluttony and football.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Have an awesome time, Truck!

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 5:03 am

Have a great time Truck.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 5:51 am

Have a great time brother! Stay safe!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 8:40 am

Safe trip my friend and enjoy all that Black and Gold!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Enjoy! Loved my visit there, I think i gained 10 lbs in a week from eating at peppi's and grille 36 lol
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Enjoy. Let's hope a home game is what we needed to get back on track!

Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Have a great time @stlrtruck! You have to stop by Peppi's and Primanti Bros if you haven't been there yet. Like Fire Arians mentioned, expect your seat belt to be a lot tighter afterwards on your outbound flight from Pittsburgh, lol.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 8:01 am

Although my truck finally crashed and burned Thursday before leaving, it was a great trip.

We hit Primanti's on Friday for lunch, Roland's for dinner on Friday night,

Saturday was the hotel for breakfast, shopping down on the Strip District with a stop at the Beerhive, Bettis' Grille for a late lunch/early dinner, McFadden's for after dinner drinks, the beer house for drinks after the after dinner drinks, then spent the rest of the night at the hotel bar.

Sunday was Peppi's for the Roethlisberger breakfast, and eventually Mullens for Perogis before the game. It was certainly a great time but the rain kept a few away from the game.

The game itself was amazing. To witness the arse kicking delivered to the Chiefs was awesome. By half time, a lot more people left the stadium, but as is customary my brother and I stuck it out until the clock read zeroes.

Unfortunately, we got back to the hotel shortly after 12:30AM and had to get back up about 4AM. But we made it home safe and to top it all off...
1. I have a new Chevy Colorado
2. Hurricane Matthew is going to cause minimal damage if any in my area.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:08 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Although my truck finally crashed and burned Thursday before leaving, it was a great trip.

We hit Primanti's on Friday for lunch, Roland's for dinner on Friday night,

Saturday was the hotel for breakfast, shopping down on the Strip District with a stop at the Beerhive, Bettis' Grille for a late lunch/early dinner, McFadden's for after dinner drinks, the beer house for drinks after the after dinner drinks, then spent the rest of the night at the hotel bar.

Sunday was Peppi's for the Roethlisberger breakfast, and eventually Mullens for Perogis before the game.  It was certainly a great time but the rain kept a few away from the game.

The game itself was amazing.  To witness the arse kicking delivered to the Chiefs was awesome.  By half time, a lot more people left the stadium, but as is customary my brother and I stuck it out until the clock read zeroes.

Unfortunately, we got back to the hotel shortly after 12:30AM and had to get back up about 4AM.  But we made it home safe and to top it all off...
1. I have a new Chevy Colorado
2. Hurricane Matthew is going to cause minimal damage if any in my area.

Glad you had a great time and are safe down in Florida! It sounds like you hit most of the important spots, lol. I haven't been to Roland's or Mullens, but will check them out later this year. One thing you should check out the next time you are in Pittsburgh is the Duquesne Incline. I am finally going to take it up to Mt. Washington for the first time this December.

We need you to attend all of the Steelers games for now on, so they are blowouts, haha. Are you going to the game in Miami next weekend?

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I've done the incline multiple times in my life. Love the view.

Can't make every game at home, unless someone wants to finance the flight, hotel, food & beverage (probably the most expensive part of the trip), and tickets to the game.

As for Miami, I'd love to go, but after this last trip and having to purchase a new truck this week, there's no way I can make the trip. I'd love to go as I've seen Steelers Nation take over the Dolphins stadium in the past.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:34 am

I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time Truck. It was a good game to go to also. Always a good game when we dominate. Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend   Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking my brother to Pittsburgh next weekend
Page 1 of 1