Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone   Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone Scb210
By Steel Dad

In the mid-1990’s there were few music acts as popular as the country duo ‘Brooks and Dunn. One of their most popular songs was called “You’re going to miss me when I’m gone.”

I find that title to be more and more fitting each and every time I watch Steelers’ quarterback Ben Roethlisberger play. For the record, I want Ben Roethlisberger to finish his career in Pittsburgh. Seeing him in any other uniform gives me the shakes and the willies like you wouldn’t believe.

What I am however is a realist as well and when you put all of the pieces of the puzzle together I keep coming back to one simple question; will the Steelers be willing to pay Roethlisberger what he deserves?

I just don’t know the answer to that but what I can tell you is that Roethlisberger more than proved his worth today with what amounts to his greatest game ever and one of the best in the history of the National Football League.

Have you seen the stat line of Ben Roethlisberger from today? It’s worth repeating… 40 of 49 for 522 yards and six touchdowns. His passer rating was over 150. Nine incompletions out of 49 throws and to be honest, a few of those were catchable balls.

READ MORE: http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/10/27/roethlisberger-gives-yet-another-reason-miss-hes-gone/

SteelersYak

Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone   Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:27 pm

I did not need another reason to miss him while he's gone because I have enough already. Man, if he doesn't finish his career in Pittsburgh, I will be crushed.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone   Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm sorry but regardless of recent rumors of Ben's soon departure, I don't think you'll see the Rooney family in any hurry to part ways with their elite franchise QB. Likewise, Ben loves the city and I don't think he'll be in a hurry to pack up and leave. Especially with his family roots already starting to grow here.

I think you'll see Ben get another 4 year extension and he'll retire a Steeler.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone   Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I'm sorry but regardless of recent rumors of Ben's soon departure, I don't think you'll see the Rooney family in any hurry to part ways with their elite franchise QB.  Likewise, Ben loves the city and I don't think he'll be in a hurry to pack up and leave.  Especially with his family roots already starting to grow here.

I think you'll see Ben get another 4 year extension and he'll retire a Steeler.

I agree. Ben proved he is an elite QB when kept upright. Fact is he's one even when scrambling the whole game. This will come down to his love for the city and his ability to be realistic. I think of Jerome and Hines and how they were humble enough to finish here. I'm pretty sure both took less than market to stay. I could be wrong there but that's what I remember.
Back to top Go down
Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb
Tom_the_Torch

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone   Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:21 pm

I don't think Big Ben leaves the Steelers.

He has spoken many times about how he wants to play his entire career in Pittsburgh. He holds every franchise record as a QB. He's got two Super Bowl rings and wants to bring more to Pittsburgh, I remember him saying years ago that he wants to win at least five Super Bowls with the Steelers.

He'll get his extension this offseason. He didn't get it last offseason because his cap hit was already around $20M due to all the restructuring he has done, there was no way for them to do a new contract where they would have to increase that cap hit even more for this season. And hopefully the cap will go up after this season, which is what's being predicted.

The Steelers would have to offer him peanuts/not offer at all or Ben would have to just refuse to negotiate for an extension not to be reached. The Steelers don't want to lose him either.

Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone Disposition_zps3e9f0204

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone   Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger Gives Yet Another Reason for You to Miss Him When He’s Gone
Page 1 of 1