Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeA reason for optimism ... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

A reason for optimism ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

A reason for optimism ... Empty
PostSubject: A reason for optimism ...   A reason for optimism ... EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 am

By Ed Bouchette

How can the Steelers go 12-4 after such a disastrous start? They did it after a worse one.

It happened just two years ago, a 35-7 spanking at rival Baltimore to open the season on 9/11/11 was worse. The Ravens forced seven turnovers and had four sacks to humiliate the Steelers, who were the defending AFC champions. And, in a parallel to their game one week ago, the Steelers that day lost starting right tackle Willie Colon for the season with a torn right triceps.

"There is a little déjà vu, isn't it?" guard Ramon Foster said. "We've been in this situation before."

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/71621c91-9111-4264-9d27-e09eb2245c65/?source=twitter

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: A reason for optimism ...   A reason for optimism ... EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 pm

One game doesn't dictate how the rest of the season will go. I'm still very optimistic.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: A reason for optimism ...   A reason for optimism ... EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Tomorrow's game against the Bengals will be an indicator IMHO. We need to get our offense on track, while playing sound defense. I still think Dwyer would give us a better chance (it's nothing against Redman) except he just doesn't seem to be playing with heart like in the past.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: A reason for optimism ...   A reason for optimism ... EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm

I agree SD, Redman just doesn't seem to be running with the same passion we saw last year.

As for Dwyer, I can only hope that his being released earlier will increase the intensity with which he runs (and holds on to the ball).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION A reason for optimism ... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: A reason for optimism ...   A reason for optimism ... EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
One game doesn't dictate how the rest of the season will go.  I'm still very optimistic.

This is true to an extent. However, if you look at how the offense played in preseason and against the Titans you have to be a little skeptical. I'm not talking about wins and losses, because that truly doesn't matter in the preseason. But, when you are not playing fundamentally sound football throughout the preseason and the first week then something is amiss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A reason for optimism ...   A reason for optimism ... Empty

Back to top Go down

A reason for optimism ...
Page 1 of 1