Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAnother reason why I'm a lifelong fan. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. Empty
PostSubject: Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.   Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 am

I don't know if anyone noticed this during Sunday's game but I picked up on it. I don't remember the D-lineman's name for the Colts that was injured but when he finally got up off the ground and was walking toward the sideline you could hear the applause. I've been to more away games than home games but that is the one constant. Even in the AFCC game at home against the Ravens a few years back Willis McGahee got a standing ovation from the croud. That tells me that as Steeler fans we still respect the guys who play the game against us,even if they do play for a classless coach who was "glad his man broke Ben's nose".
The away games I've been to when opposing players got hurt regardless of how many of us there were at the game I remember looking around and seeing people clapping when it was OK and the player left the field. What makes us different is the concern for that players well being. I've seen games where it was apparent fans were clapping because the player was hurt.( Eagles or Jets fans come to mind) I know this because they were clapping as it happened. That McGahee hit brought on complete silence and I was next to my brother talking about how we hoped he OK. This makes me proud to say I'm a lifelong, dyed in the wool, fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Oh yeah, did I mention we won 6? Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.   Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:17 pm

I've noticed this in other games.

Do you remember when Troy was injured at KC a few years ago? The crowd literally cheered his injury - it even made sports news.

Question? Do you ever see members from one team helping a member from another team up when that player is down on the field? You know, extending a hand? I remember seeing much more of that in the 80s. Not so much anymore..

Quote :
Oh yeah, did I mention we won 6?

And hopefully, we'll be able to say 7 in the not so distant future! Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. 3056903510

Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.   Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
I've noticed this in other games.

Do you remember when Troy was injured at KC a few years ago?  The crowd literally cheered his injury - it even made sports news.

Question?  Do you ever see members from one team helping a member from another team up when that player is down on the field?  You know, extending a hand?  I remember seeing much more of that in the 80s.  Not so much anymore.. James Harrison did it the other night,he helped Luck up off the turf and patted him on the head.

Quote :
Oh yeah, did I mention we won 6?

And hopefully, we'll be able to say 7 in the not so distant future! Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.   Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 am

That's cool of Harrison.

As it should be.

Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. We_bel10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.   Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:06 am

Gingerchip wrote:
That's cool of Harrison.

As it should be.

As it turns out James is a real gentleman after he tries to tear someone's head off. Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.   Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another reason why I'm a lifelong fan.
Page 1 of 1