Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon

Go down 
+16
IowaSteeler927
ebsteelersSF
pczach
El-Gonzo Jackson
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
kan_t
FrancoLambert
Hawaii 5-0
Drizztbob
Gingerchip
SteelCityUnderground
SteelersYak
Wallace108
steelerdude15
solardave
stlrtruck
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Getting To Know: Shawn Lemon

Posted Jul 11, 2015
By Mike Prisuta

UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 GTK_Lemon_CP_2015

Shawn Lemon
Linebacker
Akron
6-1, 235
1st year

Who is your football mentor or inspiration?
My parents.

What motivates you?
People telling me I can’t do something. My whole life I’ve been told that I can’t do stuff and I continue to prove people wrong.

What is your football mindset?
Sack the quarterback. I take a lot of pride in my pass rush.

Why do you play football?
To sack quarterbacks.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Getting-To-Know-Shawn-Lemon/dc859b29-bde4-45ba-bfbf-e03afcb2bae4
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:15 pm

He was on the PUP with an Achilles and the steelers released him today. With Chikillo looking like a keeper, it was a super long shot for him anyways. Hopefully he can still trace it and catch on somewhere else when he heals up

. .
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:38 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
He was on the PUP with an Achilles and the steelers released him today.  With Chikillo looking like a keeper, it was a super long shot for him anyways.  Hopefully he can still trace it and catch on somewhere else when he heals up

Well, that sucks. Every camp I pick an underdog to root for. Lemon was my underdog this year.

Steelers waive former CFL standout Lemon

LATROBE, Pa. — The Achilles’ injury suffered by outside linebacker Shawn Lemon was serious enough to derail his Steelers career before it started.

He was waived from the PUP/Active list Wednesday, according to the team, never having suited up for a practice. The former CFL player signed a contract with the Steelers this offseason amid offers from multiple other teams. He arrived to Latrobe with the injury, having been placed on the PUP list before the team’s first practice.

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/07/29/steelers-waive-shawn-lemon/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:48 pm

I think the linebacker position is pretty much set with 8.  9 if Chikillo makes it.

lemons spot was replaced by a defensive back. Not a linebacker

. .
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:01 am

Shame. Sounded like a nice story. GOod luck Shawn:
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 am

tony hipchest wrote:
I think the linebacker position is pretty much set with 8.  9 if Chikillo makes it.

lemons spot was replaced by a defensive back. Not a linebacker

Yeah, you're right. But I was intrigued by him ever since we signed him. He deserved an opportunity, and I was happy to see him get it. I was hoping he could at least turn some heads.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:09 am

Had some hope for Lemon when he was signed but I'm excited about the good reports on Chickillo.

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 am

Never know, he could be back. With that type of injury, someone may take a risk on him when he recovers.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon   UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE (7/29): Steelers Waive Shawn Lemon
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3