Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign DeAngelo Williams Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams   Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:23 am

By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers took care of some other business on Friday by signing free-agent running back DeAngelo Williams.

Williams, 32, visited the Steelers on Friday and became the first outside free agent the Steelers have added in what had been a quiet week before the team announced that it had signed quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to a new contract.

Williams, the Carolina Panthers' all-time leading rusher, gives the Steelers a proven back to pair with Le'Veon Bell.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12477074/pittsburgh-steelers-sign-ex-carolina-panthers-rb-deangelo-williams

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams   Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 8:34 am

If memory serves this guy was hurt more than he was healthy.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams   Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:53 am

I'm pretty pumped about this signing. Hopefully he is just what we need at the backup position.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams   Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Yes, I like this signing as well. It's time for Williams to see what it's like to be part of a real team. Living in Charlotte, I get a first hand look at how the Panthers work. Really, I don't see a strong team atmosphere here at all. It seems like you have Cam and his arrogance, then everyone else. I see that team as a bunch of guys who are collecting a paycheck.

And Dave is right, DeAngelo has been hurt a bunch in his career. But aside from the first 2 games next year, I'm thinking he will have spot duty and stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams   Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Yes, I like this signing as well. It's time for Williams to see what it's like to be part of a real team. Living in Charlotte, I get a first hand look at how the Panthers work. Really, I don't see a strong team atmosphere here at all. It seems like you have Cam and his arrogance, then everyone else. I see that team as a bunch of guys who are collecting a paycheck.

And Dave is right, DeAngelo has been hurt a bunch in his career. But aside from the first 2 games next year, I'm thinking he will have spot duty and stay healthy.

And that would be great. We need a quality backup for Bell. For the record I've always seen Newton as a second coming type of guy. You know, full of himself. A legend in his own mind. Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams   Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign DeAngelo Williams
Page 1 of 1