Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday Empty
PostSubject: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Quote :
The Steelers begin their search for a backup running back when DeAngelo Williams pays them a visit on Friday.

Williams, 32, was released by the Carolina Panthers Tuesday. He spent his entire nine-year career with Carolina, rushing for 6,846 yards and a 4.8-yard average. He had 219 yards and a 3.5-yard average last season that was limited to six games because of various injuries.

Steelers quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner was an assistant at the University of Memphis when Williams played there from 2002 through 2005. Carolina drafted him in the first round in 2006.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/03/11/Veteran-RB-DeAngelo-Williams-to-visit-Steelers-Friday-pittsburgh/stories/201503110179

I'm mixed on this guy. He was a darn good runner in Carolina when he wasn't injured. But he was injured often. He also fired a few shots at the owners and his teammates on the way out the door. The owner might have deserved it, but not sure how his teammates feel. But in his defense, he wasn't happy that he received very little acknowledgement after his mother passed away.

Maybe signing and being used sparingly (as Bell's backups have been used), might be good for the guy. When healthy, he's an aggressive runner.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:48 pm

I am just glad we are finally getting in the mix of things. It's no mystery we have a gap to fill at backup (temp starting) RB and I think Williams could be a solid fit.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:02 pm

I still like Thomas more, but Williams wouldn't be a bad fit.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:44 pm

I'd be fine with either Williams or Thomas. Regardless of who we bring in, I just want him to accept his limited role and not turn into a malcontent.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 pm

And not drive around with our star RB smoking doobies...

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:05 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
And not drive around with our star RB smoking doobies...

RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday 1664291743 Yeah, that's definitely a requirement. It should be included in his contract.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Williams is ok, which Thomas are you talking about? Daniel Thomas? He's awful, worse than Ben Tate.

I like Knowshon Moreno or Ahmad Bradshaw too, if either are pursuing their career further. I know they have an injury history, but they fit the role a bit better and are pass catchers. Reggie Bush isn't a bad idea, but it's not likely he'll take a backseat and/or the team can afford him.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:50 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
Williams is ok, which Thomas are you talking about? Daniel Thomas? He's awful, worse than Ben Tate.

Pierre Thomas

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Ah, well... he would be suitable then.

That kid from Miami was a flop.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Yeah, I really liked Pierre Thomas for us, but I'll take Williams too, as long as he can stay healthy in a backup role.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday   RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday Empty

Back to top Go down

RB DeAngelo Williams to Visit Steelers Friday
Page 1 of 1