Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey

Go down 
+15
Fire Arians
solardave
steelers5895
Hawaii 5-0
tony hipchest
fer69
pczach
Buddha Bus
Steel Peon
SteelCityUnderground
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
Drizztbob
kirklandrules
Wallace108
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced the signing of wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey to a one-year deal.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/03/26/steelers-re-sign-wide-receiver-darrius-heyward-bey/

I'm a little surprised by this. It's good for the Steelers in that it solidifies the receiver position, but I thought Heyward-Bey would seek a situation where he could get more of an opportunity. In Pittsburgh, he has no shot at moving up higher than No. 4. Depending on who else they bring in, the only place he can move is down.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Special teams move and a guy that, although not entirely dangerous, defenses have to account for his speed.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Meh.... Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 2090871053

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm

I got my tall WR to throw it to when Brown needs a rest Ben LOL

What you talkin' about Ben, he's all about Special Teams Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 741483031

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:23 am

Seems like an unnecessary signing IMO

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 pm

It seems that some of you aren't too thrilled with the Steelers re-signing him. I'm curious as to why. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 2829330259

No matter who ends up being the fourth receiver (Heyward-Bey or someone not yet on the roster), they're going to have a limited role in the offense. But when in there, I'd prefer a veteran who can make plays over an unknown player. We saw how that worked out last year with Justin Brown. And lets not forget Limas Sweed. With Heyward-Bey, we know exactly what we have. Plus, if we should happen to lose one of the top 3 receivers to injury, we know Heyward-Bey can step in and take on a larger role.

What's not to like in re-signing him? Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:24 am

I think Bey is ok with that support role and he's looking for an opportunity to win a ring. I thought Bey coming out was one of the high end WRs. Unfortunately he never made that good of a transition. Not sure if it's the team he was on or his inability to adapt.

However, I still think he can contribute, and if he's happy with a limited role and can still make the most of his opportunities, then it gives some stability to the position and the Steelers can go out and find support in other areas.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I thought Bey coming out was one of the high end WRs.  Unfortunately he never made that good of a transition.

Fortunately, we don't need him to fill the role of a No. 1 pick that he was. We just need him to fill the same role as he filled for us last season ... a backup receiver who can play special teams. With Moore gone, DHB will get more opportunities early. I wouldn't have been in favor of re-signing him if we needed him to be the No. 2 receiver. But the No. 4 receiver? Heck yeah.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Guy can stretch the field. He's big and tall and defenses MUST pay attention to him. He can also block and play special teams. That versatility earns him a job and limited role as the #4 WR.

I was high on Justin Brown, but his fumble (Ravens game?) and the Browns game in Cleveland killed his chances. Of course, no one was catching passes in that Browns game. Ugh...

http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm

I just feel like the signing was too soon. Couldn't we hold out and see if there is someone with more upside?

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I just feel like the signing was too soon.  Couldn't we hold out and see if there is someone with more upside?

I think we have enough young WRs with upside. It's my opinion this signing was done for nothing more than have some security and confidence in the backup corp of WRs.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:38 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I just feel like the signing was too soon.  Couldn't we hold out and see if there is someone with more upside?

Not so sure we could afford someone with "more upside!"

http://steelcityunderground.com
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Not so sure we could afford someone with "more upside!"

They couldn't afford the opportunity cost of signing someone with more upside.

I suspect he'll be the #5 receiver by mid-season. They will pick up someone that becomes the #4 (either a young FA, draftee or UFA). Or maybe one of their young practice squad guys can pick it up ... CJ Goodwin?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 pm

He did nothing before and I don't see him doing anything going forward. Just seems like a waste of space. Just my opinion.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 2:29 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
He did nothing before and I don't see him doing anything going forward.  Just seems like a waste of space.  Just my opinion.

We really don't need a lot of production out of the 4th receiver. His value is in depth and special teams.

He never lived up to the first-round billing, but he's more than adequate for a 4th receiver. And apparently he's fine with the role or else he wouldn't have re-signed with us, so we shouldn't expect any complaining from him about lack of opportunities. As for bringing in someone with more upside, since receiver isn't a need, we're not going to use a high draft pick on one. And any free agent with upside isn't going to sign with us when they won't get paid much and they'll have no chance of being anything more than a 4th or 5th receiver.

There's always the possibility that a receiver they like will be available later in the draft and they can't pass him up despite receiver not being a need. And like Kirk said, we've got guys on the practice squad and will sign some undrafted receivers. So there's always the chance that someone could come in, stand out, and bump DHB. If that's the case, it'll be a bonus. If not, DHB is an adequate No. 4 receiver who can do what a No. 4 receiver should do ... provide depth and play special teams.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

If he catches a TD pass before week 10, you guys can give me a "told you so". If he does it before week 5 you can make it a super "told you so".

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 3:15 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
If he catches a TD pass before week 10, you guys can give me a "told you so". If he does it before week 5 you can make it a super "told you so".

I'm going to wait for the schedule to predict what week he'll catch a TD pass.

But tentatively, I'm calling by Week 3.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:48 am

Fucking yay.......*insert passed out drunk emoticon here*

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:28 am

Steel Peon wrote:
Fucking yay.......*insert passed out drunk emoticon here*

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 3056903510 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 2605341373

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:15 pm

I just saw that Fire Arians started a thread about DHB, and it made me remember this discussion we had back in March. So I guess I have to follow through on this request:

SteelersYak wrote:

OK Dubs, only because you asked for it: I super told you so. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1797695198

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I just saw that Fire Arians started a thread about DHB, and it made me remember this discussion we had back in March. So I guess I have to follow through on this request:

SteelersYak wrote:

OK @SteelersYak, only because you asked for it: I super told you so. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1797695198

Somewhere, a grumpy footstool is smiling. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 677999948

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

SteelersYak wrote:

OK @SteelersYak, only because you asked for it: I super told you so. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1797695198

Somewhere, a grumpy footstool is smiling. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 677999948

Is a grumpy footstool in any way related to an angry chair? Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1797695198
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Pete and Worldong approve this thread!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 am

DHBdong will have 11 TD's (or sacks) this season...

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

SteelersYak wrote:

OK Dubs, only because you asked for it: I super told you so. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1797695198

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1647293567

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1505004552 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 1797695198 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey 294855916

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next