Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey

Go down 
+15
Fire Arians
solardave
steelers5895
Hawaii 5-0
tony hipchest
fer69
pczach
Buddha Bus
Steel Peon
SteelCityUnderground
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
Drizztbob
kirklandrules
Wallace108
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:42 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
I just saw that Fire Arians started a thread about DHB, and it made me remember this discussion we had back in March. So I guess I have to follow through on this request:

SteelersYak wrote:
If he catches a TD pass before week 10, you guys can give me a "told you so". If he does it before week 5 you can make it a super "told you so".

OK Dubs, only because you asked for it: I super told you so. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1797695198

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1505004552 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1797695198 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 294855916

You should know that bold predictions should be left to the experts, like McCardinal. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 2981382511 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1664291743

Oh, and for the rest of you ...
Stop trying to hijack old SX inside jokes with old SF inside jokes. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1824088959

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:41 am

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
I just saw that Fire Arians started a thread about DHB, and it made me remember this discussion we had back in March. So I guess I have to follow through on this request:

SteelersYak wrote:
If he catches a TD pass before week 10, you guys can give me a "told you so". If he does it before week 5 you can make it a super "told you so".

OK Dubs, only because you asked for it: I super told you so. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1797695198

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1647293567

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1505004552 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1797695198 Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 294855916

You should know that bold predictions should be left to the experts, like McCardinal. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 2981382511  Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1664291743

Oh, and for the rest of you ...
Stop trying to hijack old SX inside jokes with old SF inside jokes. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1824088959

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 1797695198

It can't be helped. There's just too much whacked history to let it go.

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The #Steelers deal for WR Darrius Heyward-Bey that @Rand_Getlin reported is 3 years, $3.8M, source said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rapsheet?lang=en
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Typical smart steelers signing. he is a valued special teamer and if Coates doesn't progress or someone gets hurt he can fill in and fill in well short term.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
It seems that some of you aren't too thrilled with the Steelers re-signing him. I'm curious as to why. Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 2829330259

No matter who ends up being the fourth receiver (Heyward-Bey or someone not yet on the roster), they're going to have a limited role in the offense. But when in there, I'd prefer a veteran who can make plays over an unknown player. We saw how that worked out last year with Justin Brown. And lets not forget Limas Sweed. With Heyward-Bey, we know exactly what we have. Plus, if we should happen to lose one of the top 3 receivers to injury, we know Heyward-Bey can step in and take on a larger role.

What's not to like in re-signing him? Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 2087824411

Limas who? I'm OK with it. DHB made some pretty good catches last year when he was in. He also plays STs

and my guess is he wants a ring and knows we are close. As close as anyone.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:02 pm

In addition to their trade machinations, Eagles also had significant interest in WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, who ended up re-signing w/Steelers

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 7, 2016
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 pm

SUPERBOWL!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:35 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Special teams move and a guy that, although not entirely dangerous, defenses have to account for his speed.

a damn good special team player.

and a WR with speed to uncover other players.

not every player on the team can be pro-bowlers.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 7:56 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
SteelCityUnderground wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
I just feel like the signing was too soon.  Couldn't we hold out and see if there is someone with more upside?

Not so sure we could afford someone with "more upside!"

They couldn't afford the opportunity cost of signing someone with more upside.

I suspect he'll be the #5 receiver by mid-season. They will pick up someone that becomes the #4 (either a young FA, draftee or UFA). Or maybe one of their young practice squad guys can pick it up ... CJ Goodwin?

Sammie Coates should become the 4th WR this season and imo Bey has seen both sides of the NFL chasing the money being on a F'ed up team and being on a team with solid management with better teammates and collecting a good pay check.

like I said before not every player on the Steelers roster are going to be a pro-bowler with the salary cap the Steelers can't afford pro-bowl players at every position. the game is finding / keeping good role players to make your core players even better.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:15 pm

DHB has been rock solid as the #4 receiver and a great team player money well spent.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 pm

It's a good depth move. He's a good locker room leader and special team core player.

My only question is if the Steelers would dress 5 WR on game day. If not then Coates would likely be the odd man out. I hope it's not the case. Coates needs to play.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 12:12 am

kan_t wrote:
It's a good depth move. He's a good locker room leader and special team core player.

My only question is if the Steelers would dress 5 WR on game day. If not then Coates would likely be the odd man out. I hope it's not the case. Coates needs to play.

Agree, need to see more Coates dressed on Sundays. DHB is good depth, but I still don't see his special team value ....rarely see him make a tackle, so IMO you can find another body to block gunners.

Good depth, but I honestly don't really care much about the #5 WR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey   Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Re-Sign Darrius Heyward-Bey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2